Wait with collection taxes?

seth4chaos

Yes it's worth waiting for. Instead of collecting 1 day with improved happiness now you can collect 7 days taxes with the improved happiness rating. I also recommend you join an alliance with more then 2 nations before someone attacks your nation just for the lulz. :ph34r:

Edited by ShawnNL

Well...that didn't help. One says I should do and one says is shouldn't do it, both with reasonable arguments. Has somebody a calculation that helps me further.

Well, it's kind of complicated. Let's see if I can figure this one out.

If I recall, the 30 day birthday is a +3 Happiness bonus? Pretty sure. As a general rule, 1 happiness=$2 in income, so at 28% of $6, you'll be getting $1.70 per citizen tax collection bonus. You have 1,000 citizens (multiply by 7). My math says you'll make an additional $11,500 in income by waiting. If you don't have enough cash to pay your bills, you'll be charged half that in negative interest. You're probably better off buying infra and increasing your income.

I could be WAY off here, this is all going off my memory, which is not good.

Unsolicited advice, don't collect your taxes until you fill your trade slots. You need fish, wheat, and cattle, which would give you a large population boost. Finding trades might be difficult with your resources, though. :(

It indeed depends, though it is hard to calculate for me, as I know little about your nation and I can only guess. Question is if you would grow harder if you wait a couple of days, and then buy everything, or if you just continue on buying infrastructure.

Use your infrastructure purchase cost to determine how much levels of infrastructure you can buy daily, and then calculate what your increased income will be for the next day, until you experience the happiness bonus. 1 level of infrastructure is worth 7.5 citizens for you, or higher. So see how many citizens you can get and what your increased income will be, and compare it with the $11,500 increased income which philip calculated for you.

Personally, I would be collecting my taxes for the following days and don't collect taxes the day before your nation's birthday. Though this is more a feeling.