War Slot Filling

Sileath

First, let me say that I laugh every time I see this: angry.png It is the greatest graphic ever.

Question on war slot filling:

Say I'm in a civilized alliance which isn't at war with any other alliances and (IC) isn't expecting any. So, we're not anticipating getting attacked by anyone unless they go all (IC) crazy.

If we were to put a member of our alliance on trial, could we have other members declare on them to keep a couple war slots filled for the duration of the proceedings? These placeholders wouldn't be attacking - just in a state of war to ensure that the defendant doesn't escape into peace mode to avoid justice. Should the defendant be sentenced to warfare, then those people would attack, and if the judgment did not include warfare then peace would be immediately declared.

Should another alliance attack us during the proceedings, the most likely course of action would be to release the member from the war so they could fight on our side (and earn a pardon, most likely) and would not be used to protect certain members from being attacked.

Is this allowed?