GOP Policy for Green Sphere Rogues & Ghosts

VietGOP? Dont make sence, Theyll make another name when your DoWed for only trying to help people. Hopefully your not at war for over 2 years and your members arent restricted the fun as someone else is.

"It's our pleasure to help stabilize the green sphere."

How can you not take that as a threat against GGA?

BE CAREFUL!!!! You know what happened last time someone said something of that nature "GGA Friendly Message: He try to take log, We Expel!!! We appolgize for log, Even though nothing bad in dem' we steel appologizze!!! I mean ders nothing in dese logs like seriously, Nothing... Were still sorry"

Edited by Rotavele

This seems weird to me. Do GOP represent the green sphere as a whole? Or are they a mercenary service? What's the deal here?

No, they are simply a member of the green team, and United Jungle Accords who wish to stabilize the sphere and make it a better place for all.

Bingo. I hope you like querying other gov members? I usually find it to be a pain.

Plus, majority of the raiding parties are aligned and not ghosting. Sure this is a good PR move but one that does not bring many results.

In the 2+ years I've been playing CN, I've found that rogue situations involving aligned nations are typically resolved quickly and peacefully. In fact, we've had half a dozen instances of aligned rogues since our inception, and all of them were resolved diplomatically. What we're talking about here is the rogue who is ghosting an alliance or who isn't even flying an AA.

Each alliance has had the experience where a rogue attacks one of their nations specifically because there is no one else in the alliance within attack range of that rogue, right? In such instances, most alliances go to their MDP partners to see if they have someone in range as well (if the rogue issue can't be solved diplomatically of course - or if the rogue isn't so small that flooding their own nation with funds is solution enough). All the GOP is saying is that, while we will not sign any MDPs or engage in CN politics, all green alliances can look to us if we have someone in range of their unaligned rogue.

If a conflict with an aligned rogue escalates into actual aggression (beyond the point of diplomacy) I don't know of many alliances who would support such roguery. In most cases, aligned rogues are immediately told by their alliance to stand down. I suspect that if one aligned nation attacked another aligned nation and the aggressor's alliance told the victim's alliance that they "don't care," that might be grounds for an entire alliance war. That's probably why a vast majority of alliances don't support rogue attacks on other aligned nations and/or unauthorized wars. Adding onto that, if an aligned rogue refuses to cease fire after being told to do so by his alliance, I suspect his alliance would disown him. In which case, he would be unaligned thereafter. We're all familiar with the typical format of rogue wars, and yes, they rarely escalate into full-out war. But in the instances that they do, they almost always involve unaligned nations. In such cases, green alliances can look to the GOP for support.

Moreover, we're not really going to be querying other governments about this. We have a special sub forum (linked in the OP) for green alliances to report any rogue or ghost issue with which they would like help.

Also, as GearHead pointed out, this doesn't quite qualify as a PR move given the fact that this was a founding principle of the GOP. But, I can see how you would think it won't yield many results. In the nearly 3 months we've been in business, we've yet to have anyone ask for our help - hence this reminder.

Finally, with ghosts, if a green alliance comes to us and says: "Hey GOP, we have this guy ghosting our alliance who we can't get tot drop our AA because we have no one in range, can you help us out?" It's a pretty straight-forward case from there. We realize these are minor gestures on our part, but we in the Green Old Party hope that they are gestures which will help stabilize the green sphere and foster a more cooperative relationship between green team alliances. All of this, in the long run, will lead to more resource trading options and better security for our own alliance as well.

Edited by Rooman33