New MBT for Crimea Iso

Chad

pic-208-popup.jpg

CT Mk.I "Jegyer"

The CT Mk.I "Jegyer" is a new Crimean tank developed by Element Technologies. The Jegyer will replace all existing PT-91 MBTs currently in service with the Crimean Army.

Weight: 50 tons

Length: 11m with barrel

Width: 4m

Height: 2.5m

Crew: 3

Armor: Composite

Primary Armament: 1x 145mm cannon

Secondary Armament: 1x 7.62 coaxial MG, 1x 7.62 AA MG

Engine: ETE-2000 (2000hp)

Range: 700km

Speed: 60km/h

Orders are now being taken. The Crimean government has the right to deny a country delivery of the Jegyer for whatever reason.

Edited by Isotope

We wonder about the practicality of placing a 145mm cannon in such a low profile turrent. Unless of course, it is a remote targeted and operated turret, in which case it is a very practical solution, one with have adopted with the twin 135mm cannon on our MBT-01.

We only use the finest votex-induced generators which propel our Laser-Turrets.

They look like this

-------------------------------------------------|

|-------------------------------------------|=====================================================TPF

-------------------------------------------------|

.../..............\

../................\

./..................\

Edited by Chris of Khi

A tank really does not need two cannons. Sure it increases ROF but doesnt it increase general wear and tear on the turrent as a whole? What about replacement parts, you need double per tank! Finally, alot of ammo would be shot out, i cant imagine the cost.

A tank really does not need two cannons. Sure it increases ROF but doesnt it increase general wear and tear on the turrent as a whole? What about replacement parts, you need double per tank! Finally, alot of ammo would be shot out, i cant imagine the cost.

Two cannons, if fired at the same time, would also cause double the recoil. Both cannons would also be off center, reducing accuracy. That is why Mariehamm Arms has never designed a 2 barreled MBT.

Multi-barrel is better for AA and SPRA applications.

If you fire one shot, let the tank stop moving, then fire the second, i can see using the 2 Barrel Design. But the wear and tear on the parts isnt cost effective. Why replace two barrels that give slightly better ROF when you can replace one?

Back to buisness, Molakia is hoping to see a demonstration of this tanks power vs other tanks. We have several T72s lying around for target practice.

If you have looked at the armour of high tech tanks these days you will realise that a two shots is a very good idea if you actually want to kill the other tank with high amount of certainty.

You can get the same rate of fire with higher accuracy and less cost with a automatic reloader. We currently hold the patent for the world's fastest design used in the Vessla.

You can get the same rate of fire with higher accuracy and less cost with a automatic reloader. We currently hold the patent for the world's fastest design used in the Vessla.

We seriously doubt that. Our low profile turret and the large size of the guns used in the MBT-01 required an autoloader, and with the computer controlled targeting system we are quite confidant that we have faster reloading and more accurate guns than you do. However, they may cost more. We are not worried.

We seriously doubt that. Our low profile turret and the large size of the guns used in the MBT-01 required an autoloader, and with the computer controlled targeting system we are quite confidant that we have faster reloading and more accurate guns than you do. However, they may cost more. We are not worried.

OOC: I take it your engineers are delusional. Twin guns is an incredibly silly idea for tanks. There is a reason nobody does it.

IC: The Vessla Orm had a rate for it's 120mm gun of 20 rounds per minute using a recoil-operated mechanism. Your continued delusional propaganda is getting annoying.

The tank is single barreled. It comes with the CBMS-1 battlefield management system which includes a battlemap in every tank. The battlemap shows the position of known enemies, allies, or whatever targets/objectives that are inputed. The CBMS-1 is able to put the tank into an auto-aim mode of operation. The target is selected by the tank commander and the turrest and barrel are move to automatically aim at the target and hold it until the target is destroyed and/or removed. Although field tests have yet to be conducted, it is hoped that the CBMS-1 will be able to hold aim even when the tank is moving at speeds over rough terrain.

All orders have been processed.

OOC: I take it your engineers are delusional. Twin guns is an incredibly silly idea for tanks. There is a reason nobody does it.

IC: The Vessla Orm had a rate for it's 120mm gun of 20 rounds per minute using a recoil-operated mechanism. Your continued delusional propaganda is getting annoying.

IC: Please try resending that transmission with the right set of punch cards. Delusional propaganda? Our rate of fire is in excess of 40 rounds a minute, and we would be please to demonstrate it.

OOC: Based on this. Yes its a naval gun, but its twin barreled and has an auto loader and can get 40 rounds a min per gun, and is 130mm, only 5mm smaller than my tanks gun.

EDIT: Made by russians in the early eighties too!

Edited by LeVentNoir

IC: Please try resending that transmission with the right set of punch cards. Delusional propaganda? Our rate of fire is in excess of 40 rounds a minute, and we would be please to demonstrate it.

OOC: Based on this. Yes its a naval gun, but its twin barreled and has an auto loader and can get 40 rounds a min per gun, and is 130mm, only 5mm smaller than my tanks gun.

EDIT: Made by russians in the early eighties too!

OOC: And the fact that it's a naval gun is a HUGE hint. Notice the size of the ammo storage, the size of the gun, and imagine how large your tank would need to be. Then, think about bridges, tanks need to cross bridges and terrain. Do you have a picture of this tank?

OOC: And the fact that it's a naval gun is a HUGE hint. Notice the size of the ammo storage, the size of the gun, and imagine how large your tank would need to be. Then, think about bridges, tanks need to cross bridges and terrain. Do you have a picture of this tank?

OOC I'm not having a ooc argument here. Meet me on IRC if you have anything to say.