Operation Dagestan

JEDCJT

bzecj2.png

Announcement from the Government of the United Kingdom of Byzantium, Greece, Georgia, and Transcaucasia

DAGESTAN TO BE REOCCUPIED

Following the collapse of the neighboring Republic of Chechnya-Dagestan, and the withdrawal of Azerbaijani troops from the region, the UK Government has decided upon a course of action. Midst discussions between the Prime Minister, Emperor, MPs, and military commanders, it was decided that the Augustus Doctrine would be put to its first test. Operation Dagestan would, thus, be launched. The UK has declared that it would send in troops to occupy the region to 'ensure peace, law, order, and stability'.

Approximately 10,000 to 15,000 UK troops, massing up on the UK-Dagestan border, crossed into the region, heading for the Dagestan capital of Makhachkala. Elements of the Army marched toward the cities of Grozny and Yuzho-Sukhokumsk, occupying them without any resistance.

troops.jpg

UK troops march into the town of Urus-Martan on their way to Grozny. The effects of the collapse of the Republic of Chechnya-Dagestan is apparent.

Continuing on, UK troops further occupied more cities and towns as they marched deeper and deeper into Dagestan territory. Along with them, aid volunteers brought food, supplies, and equipment that they distributed to the Dagestan population. Meanwhile, troops were loaded into military transport aircrafts, where they would be transported via air to Makhachkala, to hasten up the operation and effort.

bh07062008143.jpg

A military transport helicopter lifts off into the air in a Transcaucasian base, near Vladikavkaz.

As troops were nearing the Dagestan capital, it was widely expected that Operation Dagestan would be a success. By then, plans in Parliament were being formulated regarding Dagestan, where MPs would debate about what would be done about the region.

Edited by JEDCJT

Again Slavorussia doesn't recognize the Augustus Doctrine. We are willing to look the other way just this one time, but the next time it is invoked as a veil to Byzantine imperialism we will take necessary action to put down the imperialist actions of our southern neighbor.

Again Slavorussia doesn't recognize the Augustus Doctrine. We are willing to look the other way just this one time, but the next time it is invoked as a veil to Byzantine imperialism we will take necessary action to put down the imperialist actions of our southern neighbor.

We respect your stance toward the Augustus Doctrine, but we are going to maintain and to enforce it, if necessary. BUT we can assure you that all of our "imperialist actions" are strictly in the interests of maintaining peace, law, and order, and to combat anarchy and lawlessness.

Edited by JEDCJT

We respect your stance toward the Augustus Doctrine, but we are going to maintain and to enforce it, if necessary. BUT we can assure you that all of our "imperialist actions" are strictly in the interests of maintaining peace, law, and order, and to combat anarchy and lawlessness.

***Classified***

They had better...because they would regret it if their intentions were anything less than honorable...

OOC: Sorry, i had to throw that in there... :D

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Yes, the region of western Kazakhstan. But President Aliyev declared his threads to be null and void. He gave me permission, on IRC, to occupy Dagestan. The Magistrate did the same. ;)

ooc: Woah rewind... western Kazaksthan doesnt fall under the Augustus Doctrine plus wasn't that given to sumer? I thought you were invading the western part of the country?

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

OOC: FIGHT! FIGHT!

IC:

The CSSR wishes to express its desire for stability in the region. Our view is that chaos should be dealt with, but it should be dealt with via multilateral action. This need not be a multi-national force, and would be a bit much in cases such as this, however, at the same time we would encourage there to be more consultation.

Azerbaijan has reimposed controls on the former Dagestan-Azerbaijan border in response to the occupation. The borders were jointly administrated with Dagestan untill the Republic collapsed leaving it in chaos. "If we don't reinforce border controls when our neighbours collapse, I don't know when I would," President Ilham Aliyev said.

Mr Aliyev said restoring borders was Azerbaijan's decision, but it had informed other Autonomous Republics before taking action. "I cannot ignore that after Nova Roma was the Agean Empire, followed by Dagestan. I don't know who will be next on the list. But I do know that it is our duty to prepare ourselves so we leave nothing to chance" he added.

ooc: Woah rewind... western Kazaksthan doesnt fall under the Augustus Doctrine plus wasn't that given to sumer? I thought you were invading the western part of the country?

OOC: That was a part of Operation Caspian, a separate operation. But I guess Operation Caspian can be declared null and void. Sumeragi can have west Kazakhstan if she wants.

After several hours of advancing, UK troops finally entered Makhachkala, where a provisional government was established under the leadership of Said Amirov. Soon, the cities and towns of Derbent, Izberbash, Kraynovaka, and Ostrov-Chechen were occupied, and all of Dagestan was now under UK control. Operation Dagestan was a complete success.

However, Dagestan is quickly becoming an issue in Parliament as there are conflicting plans and ambitions among the Countries of the UK. Georgian and Transcaucasian MPs are vieing for control of the new region. Georgia wants to attain Dagestan so it can have access to the Caspian Sea; Transcaucasia wants to "reclaim its long-lost lands".

***Classified***

They had better...because they would regret it if their intentions were anything less than honorable...

OOC: Sorry, i had to throw that in there... :D

OOC: Sorry, that wasn't a message, but simply a classified statement...they didn;t read that.

OOC: EHEM, Jed...