Population

zhar2

population also increases slightly with land and environment, but these numbers are nothing in comparison to infrastructure. (around 1 citizen for every 2 miles of land). for environment effects i dont have the exact numbers, but the effect is also very weak.

if you ever have a +x% citizens event - chose THAT option, no matter how much -$income you suffer. adding citizens is great for building additional improvements and earning LOTS of more cash.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

population also increases slightly with land and environment, but these numbers are nothing in comparison to infrastructure. (around 1 citizen for every 2 miles of land). for environment effects i dont have the exact numbers, but the effect is also very weak.

if you ever have a +x% citizens event - chose THAT option, no matter how much -$income you suffer. adding citizens is great for building additional improvements and earning LOTS of more cash.

Try changing your Government Positions to the bad settings so you get -environment. From that you should be able to see how much a star is worth.

I can't remember exactly but I think it was 60 or so citizens.

hm just tested it. since my environment is best, i was only able to reduce it by half a star and that reduced the citizen amount by 36. someone might cross-check if he gets another result.

detailed:

Env: 5.0 Stars (1.00) = 93,380 Citizens

Env: 4.5 Stats (2.00) = 93,344 Citizens

8,899.99 infra

hm that looks weird. the change from 1.00 to 2.00 seems to be stable with 36 citizens and seems to be independent from infralevel or total citizens, so its not a percentage. but from 2.00 to 3.00 the effect is reduced to 12 (which is exactl 1/3rd of 36)... strange formula. since environment affects the WHOLE nation, one could expect that its effect is based on the total population number... time for another suggestion i think ^^