New Nation needs friends

Guillermo

Hello World,

I am Guillermo Veda I, Transitional Governor of the small nation of Vedaricium. I have just successfully united and liberated the surrounding lands in the Yucatan. Our lands are rich in marble (looks like toilet paper) and water. Our citizens like long walks on the Yucatan beach and treasure hunting in the carribean... I suppose you could say we enjoy beauty and booty!

Regardless, within hours of our creation, our nation was relentlessly bombarded by no, not munitions, but diplomatic envoys looking to scoop us up into an alliance. Being rational, my gut instict tells me to go with whoever offers the most aid, as a new nation could always use anywhere between 100-500k in new infrastructure, military and land. However, I am not the president of the United States, therefore, I would rather not follow my gut instinct, and instead, take a good look at the playing field and get to know the existing world order. I am guessing that choosing an alliance is a little deeper than going with the highest bidder, hence here I am.

As of right now I am a member of the red team, although I have no idea what that means (I'll slowly make my way into the FAQ), though I am guessing that restricts me to red team alliances. So, without further ado, are there any red team alliances out there seeking to add a new member to their coalition? If so, what would you like to see out of our nation, and what can we expect from yours? I thank all who take the time to read through this... slightly verbose message, and hope to meet you under peaceful circumstances.

Guillermo Veda I, Governor of Vedaricum

Edited by Guillermo

Well, I created a new alliance for nations that are part of no team, and nations that are members of a team but have not joined a team-based alliance. Sort of an alliance for the Ronin nations of Cyber Nations, if you will. The links are in my signature, if you're interested.

NPO is the only red team allience.

Nobody likes people that join for aid by the way.

No of course not, that would be acting in self interest and greed, right? Nevermind that over half of the emails recieved so far made sure to include a sentence on aid...

But then, would it be wiser to respond to offers that don't mention aid under the impression that they have values that go beyond wealth?

The only red team alliance is the NPO, also one of the oldest and largest alliances in the game on this moment. Because of the Moldavi Doctrine, the NPO does not allow other alliances on the red team.

As an invitation, I would like to ask you to consider the OIN, we are a medium-sized alliance with an active community and looking for capable and contributing members to our alliance. Founded on 7 april 2006, also one of the older alliances nowadays and we have peaceful intentions. We like to ask new members to become and stay active on our forums, and especially in our government and senate, and above all that people enjoy the time they spend on CN and on the OIN.

We would very much like to help you out, and I for one am glad that finally a person realizes that aid is not everything in this game, or may be the least important factor which determines which alliance a person should choose. Shared ideals and visions are of a far greater importancy, though sadly (too) few new members realize this.

What we offer is plenty of space to expand and explore your qualities, as a diplomat, a warrior, a leader or a minister, and also financial assistance (like the bribery you already mentioned) and assistance when you want to expand your nation, to increase your citizens' wealth or when you are attacked by other hostile nations. Though this is of course the whole purpose of an alliance, to help each other in times of need, but also, simple to offer another dimension to the game and meet new people.

To get to know us more, feel free to PM (personal-mail) me any questions or to register on our forums (http://s9.invisionfree.com/OIN ) and ask more questions there.

Well, I created a new alliance for nations that are part of no team, and nations that are members of a team but have not joined a team-based alliance. Sort of an alliance for the Ronin nations of Cyber Nations, if you will. The links are in my signature, if you're interested.

Just go join the grey council then. Much better then starting your own allience in No team.

No of course not, that would be acting in self interest and greed, right? Nevermind that over half of the emails recieved so far made sure to include a sentence on aid...

But then, would it be wiser to respond to offers that don't mention aid under the impression that they have values that go beyond wealth?

You're basically saying in this thread that the highest bidder gets you. Well thats not the sort of members I'm looking for.

Guillermo, you should join the Samurai of the Sun alliance. We are at http://z4.invisionfree.com/Samurai_of_the_...dex.php?act=idx

We do not care what color you are and we prioritize having fun, devloping your nation and following the codes of Bushido. Plus, you will get an infinite supply of haiku poetry. We are protected by two very powerful alliances in CN and are fully recognized as an alliance of 18 members. Come visit us sometime or ask anyone of our members for more info. I actually interviewed them before joining and found their ideals closely match my goals. Just try us out, I am sure you will learn so much about the game while enjoying the process. Thanks.

you are more then welcome in The Alliance of Paladin Soldiers

we are a smaller alliance with 12 members (1 is an iron pow atm) and an average strength of 21,021 at the moment

allthough we are small we have a very active forum where we have lots of fun

we are maroon, but we dont force people to change colour

you have the red colour and dont know what it means: the colour is mostly important for getting trades with

you can join any alliance you want, as long as they accept your colour, having a colour doesnt mean you cant join alliances with other colours.

as for your recent war problems, im sure we can help you with that and get some aid on your way if you join

here is our forum where you can sign up if you want: http://z11.invisionfree.com/

Hello World,

Are you a programmer by any chance?

Regardless, within hours of our creation, our nation was relentlessly bombarded by no, not munitions, but diplomatic envoys looking to scoop us up into an alliance. Being rational, my gut instict tells me to go with whoever offers the most aid, as a new nation could always use anywhere between 100-500k in new infrastructure, military and land. However, I am not the president of the United States, therefore, I would rather not follow my gut instinct, and instead, take a good look at the playing field and get to know the existing world order. I am guessing that choosing an alliance is a little deeper than going with the highest bidder, hence here I am.

You're right. Some factors you should consider are:

1)Age: New alliances offer a fast track to the upper level of government and a chance to play an important role in an alliance's development, but they're generally less organized. For example, they probably lack a formal aid chain and have fewer guides than older alliances.

2)Size: In general, smaller alliances offer a closer community and more chances to get involved in high-level decision-making than bigger alliances. However, they generally have less lively forums and are often less stable or capable of defending their members. Having said that, a small alliance with high average nation strength can likely aid its new members as well as a conglomerate.

3)Seriousness: Some alliances focus on playing the game well, with a few getting so involved that they set up intricate tech deals and swap trades to max their efficiency. Others enjoy the game but get most of their kicks from chatting in forums and on IRC.

4)Community: Some alliances attract members with specific interests, such as guns, strategy games, or communism, while others take everyone in. Some alliances accept any member who can copy and paste a nation link, some accept only those with good histories, and some accept only those who can write essays on the value of politeness and have the time to take several tests. Which you choose depends on your interests and the type of people you want to be around.

5)Government Structure: Alliance governments range from pure democracies to pure dictatorships, with many in between and some odd twists here and there. When looking at government structures, consider how much the community is involved, how well the government divides responsibilities, and how quickly the government can make decisions.

6)Leadership: Before you sign up for an alliance, especially a dictatorship or a new alliance, learn a little about the leaders. A good government needs people that follow politics, enjoy diplomacy, and act mature and professional; people who understand game mechanics and enjoy teaching others or making the alliance more efficient; people who love fighting wars and setting up defenses; and to a lesser extent, people who know how to write and argue. Ideally, the leaders should share your attitudes towards war, diplomacy, and membership standards.

7)Attitude towards war: Some alliances take vows of neutrality, some generally avoid war but consider it an option, and some love war. Since war generally destroys a significant amount of infrastructure and technology, the backbone of a nation, completely neutral alliances will grow the most. However, they lose the chance to participate in politics, never get war reparations, and rarely, if ever, enjoy the thrill of battle.

8)Attitude towards tech raiding: Some alliances allow their members to attack unaligned nations or nations in an extremely small alliance to get military experience or to steal tech. If you'd like to do that, find an alliance that allows it but puts enough restrictions on their members or has a good enough member base that they won't get into a war over a tech raid.

9)Team: Large teams make it easier to get in-team trades, which increase your citizen's happiness and therefore your tax collection. To see team size, login to the game, click "World Statics" under the last box in the left sidebar, and click "Team Statistics." Before you switch to Blue, Green, Orange, or Black, keep in mind that you can get the same happiness bonus if you can get in-team trades in small spheres. Smallness also make it easier for an alliance to elect a friendly senator, which will give them the power to deny bonus-granting trades to people from the same team.

Please note that the generalizations I make may be inaccurate, as I'm a new player who has only spent time with Vanguard, a small and young alliance. I'm hoping the other posters will correct my mistakes.

Given how much the right alliance adds to this game, I'd suggest taking your time choosing one. As a new nation without technology, it's unlikely you will come under attack even after you leave peace mode on your seventh day to avoid the happiness penalty. If you do get attacked, the aid you can get from joining an alliance or participating in tech deals should repair the damage.

If you choose the wrong alliance, most alliances will allow you to leave. However, make sure to pay back the aid you were given. Also, avoid copying their guides or otherwise stealing their secrets, as that will put you on their enemy list and bring trouble to the next alliance you join.

Here comes the inevitable Vanguard plug. If you've read this far, you've got the text tolerance we require.

Vanguard is a small alliance at 30 members. Most of us are gamers, book nerds, and anime fans, but we've got a few sports fans thrown in. I can say we're friendy without doubt and almost say that we're smarter than the average bear without worrying that I'm succombing to bias. Almost.

We started in July, so we're still organizing our recruiting department, treasury, and military. However, you can trust that we'll stay around and get everything in order. We've received several compliments for being one of the most organized and professional new alliances.

Our government mixes the representation of democracy with the efficiency and direciton of a dictatorship. Our permenant sovereign, Revanche, and his appointed vizier, QTUN, plot our general course. They're both skilled and friendly players who pay attention to politics and welcome feedback. Beneath them are the five elected architects: the shield, who handles foreign affairs; the sword, who handles military affairs; the hammer, who handles recruiting; the scholar, who handles education, the treasurer, who handles internal aid and trade, and the agent, who handles statistics and game mechanics. We hold monthly elections to keep leaders active and let people with potential get involved.

We're a polite group that uses diplomacy before force and signs treaties only with people we trust, so we're rarely enter an unnecessary war. However, we will defend our allies, we allow tech raids with approval, and we plan to run military training exercises We'd be a good fit if you want to grow in safety but occasionally fight.

We're in Orange, a peaceful sphere that is ranked third in size.

While we do not offer a set sign-on bonus, we're blessed with several large nations that send aid. For proof, go here. move to page 2, click on the lowest-ranked nations, and click search aid, the rightmost tab in the set above the nation screen. We also have two economic guides and a guide to getting trades, and we will review your nation on request.

In return for assistance growing, we expect our members to post on our forums, contribute to the alliance, make an attempt to grow, and treat members and non-members alike with respect. If you're interested, you can find our forums here. For security reasons, we require people to register before viewing anything. Once you've done that, you'll find our charter and instructions for applying in the Front Desk. If you'd like to meet our members and diplomats from other alliances, visit our spam forum, Hung, Drawn, and Quarted.

If you've got questions, feel free to reply here, create a topic on our forums, or PM me.