Alliance Cup Thread/RP Thread

njndirish

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, I call Willems Nations uhh...

* Arcadian refers to guide

substituting, timewasting, injury-prone, and the rest.

So I take it my team equalised in the stoppage time :P

Also I find it funny that it was 3-3 in extra time. Would have been a right ol' good match to watch, lucky Andrew Walker-Roberts took goal in the penalty shoot out. He was rumoured to be injured pre-match. He pulled of two mighty fine saves as well :D

Round of 16

Momgolea 1-6 OMFG Country lolz

OMFG Country lolz '5 '14 '25 '27 '45+1 '70

Momgolea '62

New Tauron 2-3 Uralica

New Tauron '45 '90+2

Uralica '10 '15 '76

Original Name 0-2 Transvaal

Original Name

Transvaal '31 '83

Resistentia 1-3 reeB-1

Resistentia '10

reeB-1 '31(PK) '54 '71

Uralica Wins A Nailbiter

Revenge never tasted so sweet.

Avenging Pyros was the first thing on Uralica's mind as they never surrendered the lead after getting off the mark, despite New Tauron keeping it close. 3-2 was the final score.

New Tauron spent a lot of time worrying about Khavkuk Shlomov in the first part of the first half, however this would lead to two quick goals, scored by the other starting forward, Tapani Karjalainen (10'), and midfielder Pyotr Suvarov (15'), filling in for Jukka Tenhola. New Tauron got one back by rounding a tired Jarkko Salomäki and goalkeeper Yevgeny Kudymov to pull within one, which it stayed at until past the mid-way mark of the second half. Both sides had chances - SiPS would outshoot New Tauron 5-3 in this stretch and even hit the post once courtesy of a Harkány Molnár scorcher that had a little too much right curve on it.

Shlomov, despite the extra attention paid him in the first half, did score in the second at the 76th minute, thanks to a perfectly placed corner kick finding his head in front of goal.

Three minutes of stoppage would be added in the end, and around the two-minute mark of this, New Tauron would get a second goal, controversially, as Kudymov was unceremoniously bowled over by an incoming forward. The referee ruled that it was clean, however further replay showed a slight elbow to the head. A furious Indrek Lepp went into the book for arguing the goal.

It proved to be too little, too late for the Tauronians though. Uralica have exceeded pundits' expectations and advanced to the quarterfinals, where they will face high-scoring OMFG Country lolz. The other quarterfinal in the bracket sees favourited Transvaal against Polar upstarts reeB-1. At this point many pundits, including in Uralica, are predicting that VolNation or Tritonia will face Transvaal in the final of the event.

Edited by Uralica

Matches from Saturday (feed delay due to nasty weather around Dragonia)

Hawkislava 2-2 Willems nation (2-3 AET)

Hawkislava '14 '56

Willems nation '50 '60 '100

Crunchy Upon Nut 3-2 Kevodia

Crunchy Upon Nut '13 '76(PK) '78

Kevodia '80 '90+1

VolNation 3-2 LastManUtd

VolNation '85 '89 '90+3

LastManUtd '10 '66

Trintonia 2-0 The dakotans

Trintonia '43 '69

The dakotans

Matches from Today

OMFG Country lolz 0-3 Uralica

OMFG Country lolz

Uralica '27 '45+1 '71

Transvaal 3-1 reeB-1

Transvaal '2 '26 '62

reeB-1 '14

Edited by njndirish

Uralica to Face Transvaal

SYKTYVKAR - Bring on Transvaal.

Achim Tsyplakov was brilliant for Uralica as Polaris' four remaining teams were all eliminated in a two-day span, ending with a 3-0 epic for the Sinikotat over OMFG Country lolz. The shots on goal were dead even at seven apiece, but Tsyplakov, in his first start, stopped all seven, including a penalty kick.

Two of the three goals came from Uralican hotshot Khavkuk Shlomov, who now has ten goals to his credit. The third one was a surprise goal from right-back Petteri Vahalahti off a corner kick rebound which the Lolzers' goalkeeper failed to control after stopping an initial shot from Tapani Karjalainen, who was credited an assist on the goal. Other assists went to Jukka Tenhola and Diedrik Siemens.

Joining them in the semifinals will be Robertian football's oldest and most established national team, IRON's Transvaal, who defeated reeB-1 (also from Polaris) 3-1. Team captain Jarkko Salomäki from Uralica said he's very excited about playing against Transvaal.

"There's a lot of mutual respect here," he says. "No matter the scoreline, it should be a match with no bookings and very few fouls. And there will be a lot of jersey-swapping after the match. I'm really excited. This is our first international match against an established powerhouse, and win or lose, I can safely say that we will come away satisfied."

OOC: :awesome:

Incredible! Hopefully we don't repeat our losing semi-final appearance in Liga Mundo's cup.

My money is on VolNation to take home the prize, but who knows? If there is a Transvaal vs VolNation meeting, both of our teams only seem to do well against each other when playing at home.

Hawkislava 2-2 Willems nation (2-3 AET)

Hawkislava '14 '56

Willems nation '50 '60 '100

A brace from Nick Walker-Roberts and an extra time winner from substitute James Brijin put Willem's Nation through to the final eight of the competition. Coming up against similar rated opposition, Hawkislava, was definitely a test for the national side.

Going into the break at 1-0 down put the pressure on Michael Banter's half time team talk, but with just 5 minutes of the second half passed, the most exciting 10 minutes of the game would start. Binto Finto played Nick Walker-Roberts through and with his pace he was away for a one on one which he cooly finished. Hawkislava responded with a goal of their own, benefiting from a Gravesly slip courtesy of the now wearing pitch deep into the January/February competition.

Willem's Nation pulled level quickly with another Walker-Roberts goal, this time finishing off a beautiful move involving Chamachachi, Chuckie and Bro's brilliant build up play. The final half an hour was a nervy affair with both teams holding strong and giving up no decent chances.

In extra time, Michael Banter made some whole-sale changes, bringing Garn, Brijin and Gandalf on for Finto, Chuckie and Walker-Roberts who seemed to be suffering from cramp. This seemed to spark some more life into the team. Hampshire pair Garn and Gandalf controlled the centre of midfield and in the 100th minute the pressure turned into a corner. Bro whipped it in from the left hand side for Brijin to pull off an amazing volley from the edge of the penalty box.

Michael Banter said he was pleased with the way his team played and is looking forward to moving forward to the next stage.

OOC: NEW PIP :D

I finally found the topic

Here are the delayed scores due to weather

Willems nation 2-3 Crunchy Upon Nut

Willems nation '26 '54

Crunchy Upon Nut '30 '38 '78

VolNation 1-2 Trintonia

VolNation '85

Tintonia '89 '90+4

I'll post the scores to the first Semi as it happens later

This storm has really put a hamper on watching the match with lightning striking the sattelite broadcasting it to the rest of the world, all but Dragonia was left in darkness as perhaps a true epic occured

The game ended 0-0 extra time ended 0-0, and don't get this wrong, the teams were sprinting up and down the pitch taking shots and goalies were making epic saves. But it came down to PKs and here is what happened: (X=successful PK, O=miss/save

Uralica XOOXXOOOXOO

Transvaal XXXOOOOOXOX

Transvaal's keeper beat his counter part and celebration ensued.

Uralica Loses in "Match Of The Tournament"

It was a heartbreaker for Uralica, but in the end they also conceded defeat graciously as Achim Tsyplakov was beaten by Thurston Alderton in an epic 11-round penalty shootout against Transvaal, who now await the victor of the match between Pacifica's Crunchy Upon Nut and NOAH's Tritonia.

"That was, by far, the most EPIC football match I've ever seen," said Uralikan Palloliitto president Attila Farkas. "Achim played very well under pressure and despite the loss, I think he ought to be pleased with himself. As the tenth seed coming into the tournament, we would have expected to lose by the Round of 16. The fact we made it two rounds further is a real testimony to how good these guys really are. And if we had to lose, I'm really glad it was to someone like Transvaal."

The closest Uralica came to scoring in regulation was a Khavkuk Shlomov shot in the second half that hit the crossbar, but the chances were there for sure. It was exciting football, without the goals.

After the match, there was much in the way of jersey-swapping.

"I didn't put the jersey on because it was too tight," said 6'7" Uralican captain Jarkko Salomäki. "But I did manage to get Bert van der Meer's jersey. I think mine was a little big for him! Granted, there are some guys on Uralica's team who are bigger than your average footballer. Petteri[ Vahalahti]'s 6'4", Tapani[ Karjalainen]'s 6'4", Yev[geny Kudymov]'s 6'6", and so forth... Yeah, I'm a little gutted that we lost. We... were doing our best to put on a brave face after the last shootout goal. But if there's any consolation, it's knowing that one of the tournament's true class acts beat us. We didn't lose to someone who plays dirty or cheap football. I'll be rooting for Transvaal in the final. I think most of us will."

Sorry for the outage in posts, but I've been away, and trying to catch up with EVERYTHING. Will post on loss in coming days, but congrats to Tritonia! You guys put in a hard days work and got the win for it, and you deserve it! Best of luck to you and take it all!

In a close, tense battle fought on the grass this afternoon against Uralica, Robert Persijn, fullback spotkicker for Windhoek Welwitschia, gained immediate fame in his homeland and abroad for potting home probably one of the biggest goals in Transvaler football history when his deciding goal against Achim Tsyplakov in the penalty shootout propelled the Springboks into the Alliance Cup Final.

“Ek kan dit nie glo nie!” said a beaming Persijn, who was mobbed by his teammates after the goal was scored. “I cannot believe it! We are going to the final”.

While the Springboks of Liga Mundo and UCFA are household names amongst sports fans – both black and white – in Transvaal, the Welwitschias are based in Namibia and thus don’t get much, if any, attention in the national press.

Manager Bartnel Botha kept his post-game comments restained, saying that “…the next match is the biggest hurdle for us. We were expecting to play against VolNation, a team we are familiar with and know fully what they are capable of. Instead we will be going up against an unknown for us. I will be spending a lot of time with the boys watching video taken from earlier on in the tournament of our opposition once we know who it will be. We need to be prepared if we are to take home the cup.”

With two players watching on the sidelines injured (midfielder Henk Schot and forward Gert Grünholz from Liga Mundo Springboks), players such as Vorster De Vries and Nik McCarthy who hadn’t seen much action were given the nod for the start this afternoon.

“Losing guys like Gert and Henk to injuries would be viewed by many observers to be a setback - however when you have depth guys like Nikkie and Vorster as their replacements… well, those two lads have also won championships in the UCFA, they know what needs to be done to win and stepped into the line-up effortlessly today.”

The only probable weakness in a squad otherwise deep in talent is the Springboks are now without a back-up goalkeeper, as HJ Koopman was sold last week by his home club Windhoek Welwitschia. Including the injuries and Transvaal is now down to a roster of 17.

As Manager Botha explained: “In an emergency, without a reserve keeper now in our line-up, our leading forward Ricardo van Deinsen would be called upon to take up duty between the posts. As unusual as the move may sound, he’s not that bad in net and stepped in a month ago for Thurston Alderton - winning the match for us without letting in a goal.”