Soldier efficiency and environment

ganon5

First of all, my aplogies if this has beeen brought up before. I searched the board and didn't find anything similar but I may have missed it. Anyway...

Currently if your total soldier efficiency is > 60% of your working citizens you are penalized 1 environment point, correct? I can see the reasoning that a higher concentration of soldiers could be bad for a nation (for example, causing citizens to become uneasy) but I was wondering whether there was any reason for using efficiency rather than the physical amount of soldiers in the nation. It seems illogical to me, take the following example:

- 2 nations have the same number of working citizens and the same amount of soldiers.

- Let's say Nation 1 has no efficiency bonus, and their soldier count comes to 50% of their working citizens

- Now let's say that nation 2 has 5 barracks so while their physical count comes to 50% of working citizens, their soldier efficiency count comes to 75%.

- This means that Nation 2 is actually being penalized for having better trained soldiers even though in reality, the effect on environment should be the same.

So I was wondering, is there a reason that it's calculated this way? Is it an old formula that nobody bothered to change? Or is it just a quirk of cybernations?

Well presumably a more efficient army would have more training exercises, thus burning more tank fuel etc. in constant training to keep the efficiency up, this would result in the soldiers having a larger environmental impact. Just as an example, one American soldier results in more enviromental damage than on soldier from say a Darfur militia... The American soldier eats a full diet, rides in a HUMVEE, regularly trains etc. While the Darfur militiaman barely gets to eat and rides on a donkey...