Season 4 Commencement

PremierApex

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 against the Springboks, a point is better than nothing.

Especially when I should have probably (statistically we outclassed you except in the defense) won that match based on how much possession we had and the number of shots. Anyways a good result for you.

Especially when I should have probably (statistically we outclassed you except in the defense) won that match based on how much possession we had and the number of shots. Anyways a good result for you.

Yeah that has got me a little rattled, i played a full strength side and at home...this does not bode well for the future but then again games against the Springboks have always been difficult :D

6-0 win to start the season. Satisfying at one level, but disappointed that Gumbo Gods didn't set their roster. At the Primera level, I guess I expect more...

agreed, but this is somthing that will be correctly naturally within a few season, and by then, Primera will be very very skilled.

EDIT: lol@Arcadia, i mentioned in a press release or in one of these forum threads that ALDM is sheer star-power over depth of our club, thus we get alot of the xpert11 team from ALDM. its like gambling, pray they dont get hurt, and hope for the big hits.

Edited by PremierApex

How do you know they didn't set their roster? For all we know you could have just spanked them fair and square. I've had some pretty awful losses and I've tried to do my homework before the game. The fact is the Top Three teams are beyond dominant its damaging to the rest of the league.

Without expansion to the Primera, I see it being a constant 3-way battle for the top three spots. Then Transvaal and Estrella Roja will struggle to avoid the hovering spectre of relegation, although stealing enough upsets to keep them up (barely). I would not be surprised if both newly-promoted teams struggle.

Well, after our Season 2 WTF run... I'm happy we're considered in the Top 3, frankly. Well, Botha, that's what Promotion/Relegation is for - next season we may have 8 teams again, and some lucky !@#$%^& in the Segunda'll get picked up, more points for you then.

And I think I can prove the Gumbo Gods didn't set their roster, and it cost me 35 000 to do this:

Simple fact. Why in the world would you play Offensive on a team that is obviously twice as good as you?

Hell, even we, one of the top 3 had to play defencive to scratch a 1-1 draw.

From that fact, Gumbo didn't set their team.

I might be giving away too much here, but I aim to play offensive as often as possible. My defence is quite solid at it's best and even if it isn't I look to keep the ball away from them at all times. It also helps me score. If I were to play defensive against one of the Big 3 I don't think I would have enough opportunities to score and force a draw or a tight loss. My theory is that playing offensive against a better club gets you more chances and limits theirs. This could be completely wrong but that is how I believe one should play.

Well, you never know. Mousey, give your new revolutionary tactic a cool name, and if it works...you'll be world famous!

I like to play Off. as much as possible too - but I find that against the other big teams, I lose or draw crucial games. So I've found a different approach, I call it the "Da Hoondenstormen" - or the Lightning Dog Tactic.

The fact is the Top Three teams are beyond dominant its damaging to the rest of the league.

Without expansion to the Primera, I see it being a constant 3-way battle for the top three spots. Then Transvaal and Estrella Roja will struggle to avoid the hovering spectre of relegation, although stealing enough upsets to keep them up (barely). I would not be surprised if both newly-promoted teams struggle.

VolNation has always kept a long term approach, even sacrificing some short-term gains to make sure all players have 100% match experience at the end of a season. The down side is that my players are getting older (over half of my mids and forwards are 30+). Thus, down the road a few seasons, we will have to collect and train some juniors, and we will struggle to stay as dominant as we are now. That, plus presumably the other clubs will be growing their talent, means that there will always be a waxing and a waning for even the Big Three. (We are seeing that in the Ark Premier League now)