Connecting from an university

elvenwizard

Hi and congrats for this wonderful game.

I registered 5 days ago and I have a problem. I'm studying at university (Valencia, Spain) and I log in to the game mainly from its computer lab. Since the university has its own servers, it uses fixed IPs. Here comes the problem. A friend has discovered the game and has registered. We'll never connect simultaneously from the same PC, but for example, I'm using PC #46 today, and my friend's using PC #50. If tomorrow he uses PC #46 (#50 may be not available), he'll be using the same IP as I did and we'll be in trouble...

So my question is: if we don't interact with each other (we're in different alliances, never trade and/or get or send foreign aid between us), will we be allowed to keep our accounts? (the account names are elvenwizard and paboro).

Thanks in advance for your help,

~~elvenwizard

Edited by elvenwizard

Could you just login at home?

Logging in at a computer lab makes the chance of an eventual IP collision likely, so in essence you're asking to be put on a "do not delete" list, which is kind of a long shot in your case.

See if one of you, or preferably, both of you, can find your own hardline to log in from (not a computer lab).

Ex: I log in from my dorm room all the time, but I don't even think about logging in to my nation from the campus wireless.

Edited by bigwoody

Could you just login at home?

Logging in at a computer lab makes the chance of an eventual IP collision likely, so in essence you're asking to be put on a "do not delete" list, which is kind of a long shot in your case.

See if one of you, or preferably, both of you, can find your own hardline to log in from (not a computer lab).

Ex: I log in from my dorm room all the time, but I don't even think about logging in to my nation from the campus wireless.

I'm not asking to be put on a "do not delete" list, I'm just saying that me (elvenwizard) and my friend (paboro) are two different persons, will never trade, be in the same alliance or send/receive aid to each other. I can't login at home, that's the main problem...

It's not like "do not delete" but "do not delete IF the collision occurs with paboro OR if we trade or something"...

EDIT: and would I create this topic if I planned to use another account in order to push me? :S

Edited by elvenwizard

Now that it's in the right forum, try reading the stickies here as well...your answers lie herein.

There is no "do not delete" list for users logging in from the same network and hasn't been for months now. It's not allowed. University students logging in from computer labs who are genuinely unique players are usually fine as we have multiple methods of detecting cheating. There's always a risk and that's the consequence of logging in from a shared network, but if you are really different players on a college network you will probably be okay. Try sticking to 1-25 and he 26-50 if you're really worried.