Paranoia about cheat flags

Qaianna

OK ... I know I keep hearing how it's unlikely random chance would bring this about, but considering how often I manage rolling snake-eyes on d20 (hint: more often than 1 in 400), I have to ask this.

I've logged into my nation from two non-my-normal-address locations, both public wifi style things. Assuming EnemyNation5 logs in on one, is there a way for anyone to figure out this's happenned before cheatflags start appearing all over the place? Also, if EnemyNation5 keeps trying to declare war on me, who gets the flags?

Also have lost the bit that says how long it takes for in-game cheat flags to go away, if ever.

OK ... I know I keep hearing how it's unlikely random chance would bring this about, but considering how often I manage rolling snake-eyes on d20 (hint: more often than 1 in 400), I have to ask this.

I've logged into my nation from two non-my-normal-address locations, both public wifi style things. Assuming EnemyNation5 logs in on one, is there a way for anyone to figure out this's happenned before cheatflags start appearing all over the place? Also, if EnemyNation5 keeps trying to declare war on me, who gets the flags?

Also have lost the bit that says how long it takes for in-game cheat flags to go away, if ever.

For the cheat flag to go away, you or the other person will have to wait it out, or delete the aid or trade, and for the wars, both sides will have to wait it out, or declare peace. The cheat flags goes on both person, although the bans won't show up until someone reports it, and the moderator investigates.

At the same time, avoid public internet as much as possible! Stick to your home's internet as much as possible to avoid the cheat flags. Keep in mind that those cheat flags only appear if two or more CN players are using the same IP address.

I'm assuming this other nation you mention is someone at war with you. I also assume you dont know them in real life. If you are concerned about the very unlikely chance of you and someone you are interacting with accidentally sharing an IP, you should know moderators have more sophisticated ways of spotting cheaters than just IP's. You really should not worry so much.