What should be my next Improvement?

Rozalia

I have currently.

Banks: 5, Factories: 5, Foreign Ministries: 1, Harbors: 1, Stadiums: 5

I've been told by someone in my allience to buy a school next. I however think that a clinic might be better so I'd like it if someone on here could tell me.

My stats are.

Population Happiness: 40.10

18,466 Working Citizens

$182.47 (A solid economy)

Infra: 1,960.99

I can buy another 39 infra before the jump, and I think the clinic is best because it may allow me to buy another Improvement when I'm at 1999.99. Could someone confirm this also.

Thanks.

Edited by rozalia

Yes, if you bought a clinic it will allow you to buy another improvement before crossing the 2k jump. You're basically getting 9 citizens a point (9.4 but that would include gains from land), multiplying by the 39 points of infrastructure remaining before the jump will garner you 351 citizens added to your current total of 18,466 equals 18,811 adding 2% extra citizens from a clinic would bring you up to 19,193 as a rough approximation.

Yes, if you bought a clinic it will allow you to buy another improvement before crossing the 2k jump. You're basically getting 9 citizens a point (9.4 but that would include gains from land), multiplying by the 39 points of infrastructure remaining before the jump will garner you 351 citizens added to your current total of 18,466 equals 18,811 adding 2% extra citizens from a clinic would bring you up to 19,193 as a rough approximation.

Ah thanks. Should I go for a clinic first or a School then.

Well the conventional wisdom for nations in your position is to go for the schools/univerities before moving onto the clinics/hospital. The reason for that is the increase in income will bring in more money than the increase in citizens paying taxes will (a 5% boost to your current income (goes from $182.47 to $191.53) will bring in $2.54 more in taxes per citizen which equals to an extra $46,903.54, on the other hand, the clinic will increase your population by 382 who would pay your current taxes of $51.09 and that comes to $19,516.38). However, your situation because of the jump means you have an opportunity to make the most money waiting to cross the 2k jump by getting one clinic first enabling you to buy an extra improvement before you cross the 2k jump. If that extra improvement is a school, then you're in the same position the conventional wisdom tells you to be in with a bonus of 2% to your citizens. Only different is your closer to getting your second school if you got the school first since you're be at 18,811 citizens while the clinic/school combo leaves you at 19,193. Depends on how long you expect to sit at the 2k jump. If you're not going to really stop, then the school/university route is the best money maker. If you're going to sit for any length of time, go clinic school for the extra income. After you cross the jump, ditch the clinic in favor of the second school and complete out the schools/universities.

Well the conventional wisdom for nations in your position is to go for the schools/univerities before moving onto the clinics/hospital. The reason for that is the increase in income will bring in more money than the increase in citizens paying taxes will (a 5% boost to your current income (goes from $182.47 to $191.53) will bring in $2.54 more in taxes per citizen which equals to an extra $46,903.54, on the other hand, the clinic will increase your population by 382 who would pay your current taxes of $51.09 and that comes to $19,516.38). However, your situation because of the jump means you have an opportunity to make the most money waiting to cross the 2k jump by getting one clinic first enabling you to buy an extra improvement before you cross the 2k jump. If that extra improvement is a school, then you're in the same position the conventional wisdom tells you to be in with a bonus of 2% to your citizens. Only different is your closer to getting your second school if you got the school first since you're be at 18,811 citizens while the clinic/school combo leaves you at 19,193. Depends on how long you expect to sit at the 2k jump. If you're not going to really stop, then the school/university route is the best money maker. If you're going to sit for any length of time, go clinic school for the extra income. After you cross the jump, ditch the clinic in favor of the second school and complete out the schools/universities.

I see. I'll go for schools. How much should I save up for the 2K jump might I ask.