My proposal.

As it stands we have 200 alpha testers. Not bad for testing software. but the worst thing possible for a sanctioned tournament. I will explained. I've played alot of Tournament sports. They all have one commonality, Tournaments favor experience, plain and simple. I am also against an 8/30/2008 reset. 9/30/08 or even an october reset would be more reasonable for a couple reasons.

1. When that thing resets, It's official playtime. It's a tournament. Real bad, I will explain.

We have 200 Alpha testers, Bad. They will be the smartest and most experienced players in the game. They have been playing for months. You will end up with a situation where everybody is a n00b except them 200 Alpha testers. Bad. While the rest of us are learning, They will be kicking butt and taking names early on, We will end up with a Continuum situation. Them 200 could form an alliance and be undefeatable. They would dominate the winners circle leading to an early reset.

Them 200 Alpha testers will Bias the tournament. My suggestion is to Open registration ahead of reset for a month of unsanctioned game play so people can get a feel for the game, Thus removing the advantage held by the 200 Alpha testers. There would still only be 200 Alpha testers as they would be the only ones that could report. If this happens, there should be a rule that says Alpha testers cannot declare on unsanctioned players. It would only be a situation where you have 200 official testers and a bunch of n00b's running around getting a feel for things.

Admin is all about fairness. Opening registration ahead of reset for unsanctioned game play is the most fair thing to do for the reasons mentioned above.

2. Pushing back reset at least a month or so would give admin and the developers more time to tweak the game. Time is Admin's best friend. Opening reg to create experienced players is the best thing for fairness. Which is what Admin is all about. The built in handicap must be removed. Testers wouldn't be able to declare on n00b's likewise n00b's could form alliances and declare on eachother, they couldn't declare on testers.

I was going to brush this suggestion off but after thinking it over I've opened up CN:TE sign ups to new players for a bit. This is still unofficial testing but it will allow me to performance test the server a little more before we go live.