Possible bug with Nuclear Power Plant

SlayerX46

Found this a couple days ago, just got around here now.

So, being non-nuclear I had my gov position on 2 to get the money from Uranium. A few months ago I got the Nuclear Power Plant and everything was fine until a couple days ago I went to buy nukes. Changing my gov position to 3 gained me money. While this isn't a bad thing, I couldn't find anything that would do this.

I changed my gov position back and forth a couple times to verify the effect and sure enough my income went up by $2-3 a citizen in taxes. It doesn't say in any of the wonder/resource descriptions that you only get money for something by being in gov position 3 so I found this a bit confusing.

Yes it does,

Uranium says this: If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness.

The Nuclear Power Plant gives you back the bonus when you switch your position to option 3.

The nuclear power plant allows nations to receive Uranium financial bonus (+$3 citizen income +$0.15 per technology level up to 30 technology levels even when maintaining nuclear weaponry.

Yes it does,

Uranium says this: If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness.

The Nuclear Power Plant gives you back the bonus when you switch your position to option 3.

The nuclear power plant allows nations to receive Uranium financial bonus (+$3 citizen income +$0.15 per technology level up to 30 technology levels even when maintaining nuclear weaponry.

Yes, it's the happiness point that is the key.

The NPP also unexpectedly improved my environment.

I wouldn't have lost the bonus being on option two, though. (I didn't have nukes at the time). So what changed between options two and three?

Basically I had my gov't at option 2 for almost two years now and then decided to buy a few nukes and switched my gov't to option 3 and immediately noticed the economic increase. As far as I can tell there is no additional increase listed for moving to option 3.