Cheat detection bug?

bjoernd

Hi,

I got a warning for war slot filling because the in-game cheat detection flagged me as a possible cheater, someone denounced me for that and no one cared to ask me. I'm not posting to whine about that, I just want to post a hint, that the detection does not work in a corner case.

So what had happened? I joined CN and as a newb also joined an alliance. The alliance was on war with one nation and since this nation was already well down the strength range, I got orders to declare war and finish him off. Unfortunately, this guy did not have any military anymore (something you cannot see before declaring war) and so I was not able to send my soldiers into battle. The in-game cheat detection now flagged this as possible war slot filling because no battles took place. Furthermore, since this was my first war at all, my stats clearly showed that I had never ever sent soldiers to battle and not lost some - there you go being suspicious as a double account and get non-revocable in-game warnings. :(

Could the cheat detection tool consider the nations' odds and not flag wars as ws filling, if the attacker does not even have a chance of attacking?

You can still send defeat alerts, spy attacks, air attacks and CM's

Also

"Unfortunately, this guy did not have any military anymore (something you cannot see before declaring war"

Yes you can, you can see what their military situation is before attacking

You can still send defeat alerts, spy attacks, air attacks and CM's

Also

"Unfortunately, this guy did not have any military anymore (something you cannot see before declaring war"

Yes you can, you can see what their military situation is before attacking

Do note he said he's brand new. He can't afford those luxuries at his size, and if there are more than one nations at war with the target, he can't send a defeat alert unless he's the first to attack for the day.