Soldier Bug

Sellery

My nation is Omnivista

My nation lost ~25K soldiers when I deployed them on 9/16/07. I had roughly 55k total and deployed 22k and when I went back to my main page after attacking twice my soldier count was down to 5k. I was not attacked during this period and my deployment did not account for the missing soldiers even with loses after attacking being taken into account. I was further attacked post finding the error and am now in anarchy.

I dont know what is fair at this point but a roll back would be appreciate if it is deemed appropriate.

My nation is Omnivista

My nation lost ~25K soldiers when I deployed them on 9/16/07. I had roughly 55k total and deployed 22k and when I went back to my main page after attacking twice my soldier count was down to 5k. I was not attacked during this period and my deployment did not account for the missing soldiers even with loses after attacking being taken into account. I was further attacked post finding the error and am now in anarchy.

I dont know what is fair at this point but a roll back would be appreciate if it is deemed appropriate.

This happens all the time and has been happening forever. Today, for instance, I had over 48000 soldiers, was attacked once for a loss of just over 35000, but the result is that I have 0 soldiers left. I remember being one of many people who reported this bug no later than during the big war in May, perhaps even in March, when noticing that my defending soldiers went down when I was attacking or that I lost 10K soldiers when battle results said I lost 5K, etc. All + modifiers to number of soldiers are essentially pointless because of this bug. I really hope it gets fixed at some point.

Edited by Tildy

Thanks for the heads up Tildy.

As for the bug its less important I get a roll back. My nation isnt nearly as fubar as I thought it would be. I stayed out of bill lock and got my soldiers back to an acceptable level. The anarchy is going to hurt for the coming days though.

This is annoying, yes. But it's more of a very strange feature than a bug at the moment. Admin has said this before, as well. I'm not going to try dig up the post, believe me or not..:P

Basically, +soldier bonuses are good for one thing: Battle Odds. You can still easily get underdogged, but they help with your battle odds. It's quite true that the way the soldier bonus is calculated is very odd, but that's how it is.