DEFCON, no difference.

Platinum

When I changed to DEFCON 1, my soldier efficiency didn't change, but my citizen happiness lowered. Then an enemy spy changed my DEFCON to 4, and then I changed it back to DEFCON 1, and still, no soldier efficiency change.

Edited by Platino

When I changed to DEFCON 1, my soldier efficiency didn't change, but my citizen happiness lowered. Then an enemy spy changed my DEFCON to 4, and then I changed it back to DEFCON 1, and still, no soldier efficiency change.

It's not an effect to soldier efficiency, I believe it's a modifier applied after the soldier efficiency modifier is applied. I've noticed this myself, as well.

Nice :awesome:

Anyway, by definition, DEFCON 1:

DEFCON 1 - Maximum military readiness. (-2 happiness, -20% initial soldier cost, 100% soldier efficiency, tank, aircraft strength in battle)

Basically, you have your soldiers, your soldier efficiency, and your battle efficiency. All your soldier efficiency modifiers are applied to your soldier count. You get the ()s. THEN when you go to battle, your DEFCON efficiency is applied.

So in DEFCON 1, if you have soldier efficiency of 10,000, you actually are fighting with 10,000 soldiers; in contrast to DEFCON 5, where you'd be fighting with 7,600 (76% of 10,000).

Get it?