Negative Improvement Slots

Joseph RA

The reason it's showing negative two improvements is because you have 14 improvements and you have population enough (12,599) for 12. You'll not be allowed to buy another improvement until you get your population over 15,000 and hence have enough population for a 15th improvement.

It most likely didn't. You would have had the necessary citizens at the time of their purchase. There a number of possibilities. A change in your resource build from one with a lot of population modifiers to the one you have now would cause a drop in citizens. You could have had an event giving a population bonus which would have allowed you to gain improvements faster and once it expired and the population dropped, it left you in your current situation. Or you could have a negative event now affecting your population. Those would be the most common reasons for a drop in population below that needed to buy the improvements. War would be another and the loss of a lot of infrastructure.

It most likely didn't. You would have had the necessary citizens at the time of their purchase. There a number of possibilities. A change in your resource build from one with a lot of population modifiers to the one you have now would cause a drop in citizens.

Thats totally possible, when I changed my resources I went from 40,000 to 35,000 people so I had negative improvements for a while.

Also happens during war, when infra losses reduce your citizen count. You keep your improvements already bought, but your available improvement slots will be reduced accordingly, even into negative count.