N00b question: now what?

Mosey

I think the game looks interesting, love the concept.Created a nation and then bought land, infrastructure and military... out of money... nothing to do now.

So, I come back each day, spend three minutes doing it again, look at my map... and that's it.

Am I missing something? Is there more I can do? (besides read oodles of alliance messages?)

Or is it come back each day spend 3 minutes, come back the next day... Doesn't seem like it would be that popular if that is all there is.

Well, it's the interaction of alliances and the politics involved that is where the real game is located otherwise as you have already discovered, it's three minutes a day logging in to pay bills, collect taxes and spend money. There are some tricks as to how to spend that money in terms of efficient nation development but the game is really all about the unfettered system of alliance politics. You should sort through alliances and find one that looks interesting to you and join one. You're find a broad range of alliance themes in terms of the roleplay they add to the game. You're bound to find one suited for you. Then get involved and you'll find yourself hooked.

Thanks, I figured that was the answer.

I can't be the only one who asks this question. I'd guess a lot of people give up after 4 days because they expect this full experience and then click click... oh, every day.

This is first and foremostly a game of politics. Although I have to say, I do appreciate the moments of (for my standards) complicated maths to find out which wonder I should buy next and how much money I need to save up for the next jump and that sort of thing.

As others have stated, this game is all about politics and social interaction among nations and alliances. If this interests you, look up some possible alliances that you wish to join and do some research on them. There is an alliance out there for everyone, many different types with many different goals. IF there is one piece of advice I can give you it's this...don't stay unaligned for long if you are not in peace mode. You'll get raided fast...or come on the red team for the NPOs protection.

i only play to look at all my numbers go up... but wars are really good ^^ you always have somthing to do and you must have alot of team work and organising skills for them...

Edited by Hassman

In a few months you'll eventually get to buy wonders and nukes. And wars can be fun.

But yea, it's mostly about the alliance politics and community.

If he doesnt join some alliance and get much aid, it will take more then just few months.

Also, find some alliance or soon somebody will attack you just for fun. Also, when you join some alliance, you probably get joining funds and money for being active so you can grow faster if you want. :awesome: