Population Mechanics

Friar Tuck

I am trying to calculate the benefit of each wonder. I have a big spreadsheet going right now, but I don't know exactly how the population boosts work. I know how the happiness multipliers work though...So I guess my question is this:

If I buy a disaster relief agency, Can I just multiply my current population by 1.03 to get my population after I buy the wonder?

Also what about infra upkeep reduction...If I get a reduction of 8%, can I just multiply my infra upkeep cost by .92 to get my upkeep after the wonder?

Edited by Friar Tuck

Thank you Caesar. Your answer is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, it's also wrong. You need to calculate this based on your BASE numbers, not your CURRENT numbers. This is how improvements and resources work as well, for pretty much everything, including infra upkeep and purchases.

just for some hard numbers:

54,631 Working Citizens(5 clinics, fish and wheat)

after adding a hospital...its 57,906

just what is your formula exactly...?

i one i got for you is:

x = base citizens

total citizens = x + 0.08x + 0.08x + 0.06x + 0.1x

total citizens = 54630.9

just for some hard numbers:

54,631 Working Citizens(5 clinics, fish and wheat)

after adding a hospital...its 57,906

just what is your formula exactly...?

i one i got for you is:

x = base citizens

total citizens = x + 0.08x + 0.08x + 0.06x + 0.1x

total citizens = 54630.9

Friar Tuck's Nation:

Base Population = Infrastructure * 7.5 = 37499.325 citizens

With no wonder:

Resources & Improvements: 5 clinics(1.10) * 1 hospital(1.06) * Fish(1.08) * Wheat(1.08) * Cattle(1.05) * Pigs(1.035) * Sugar(1.03) = 1.522344473496 modifier.

37499.325 * 1.522344473496 = ~57086 citizens. (Extra 700 citizens from land bonus)

With wonder:

Resources & Improvements: 5 clinics(1.10) * 1 hospital(1.06) * Fish(1.08) * Wheat(1.08) * Cattle(1.05) * Pigs(1.035) * Sugar(1.03) * DRA(1.03) = 1.56801480770088 modifier.

37499.325 * 1.56801480770088 = ~58799 citizens. (The land bonus is static in both cases)

DRA gives you approximately 1700 citizens.

To calculate infra upkeep, it works exactly the same way, except all of your factors are negative. For -8% you use .92, not 1.08 in the calculation.

*EDIT FOR THIS*

It should be noted, that generally your first wonder should be either Stock Market or Social Security System. Stock Market because it's cheap compared to the others in it's category, and SSS is the best income generating wonder.

The Interstate System is also a very valid choice, if you plan on making a lot of infrastructure purchases in the near future, rather than sending out aid. I would definitely not recommend getting Disaster Relief first, unless you are really an aiding machine for your alliance, and your primary goal is to build others and not yourself. IMO, even if your goal is to build others, it's still a bad first choice for a wonder. But that's just me.

Edited by x Tela x

what the $%&@ are you talking about then?

that WAS the formula i was referencing to(in my first post). when all your operators are the same, it doesn't matter what order the terms(is that the right term? no pun...) are placed in.

10 * 5 * 4 = 4 * 10 * 5

therefore, you CAN simply multiply the new bonus against your current value

Edited by Caesar_101