The size of planet bob

Smallfrog

It is often said that planet bob must be 100's of times the size of earth, so it can't be humans living on planet bob. However, i am not certain about this, and did some calculations.

If we take the in game value of the amount of land, 15,829,296, we find that planet bob is 32 times smaller than earth. it is also worth noting that our population is only 2/17 of earths.

However, if we use the pi*radius squared (r=total land/2) we get a planet bob of 1.99669E+15 square miles, 3914535.184 times the size of earth. However, as this would give us a population density of 3.54576E-07, thats may well be totally ridiculous.

On a point of intrest, if we take the game definition of land, average is 44.72594801,

Fairly interesting. Another, much more tedious however, would be to measure the overlaps of every nation on the real world. Compare that with the earth.

Edited by Scorp

At least it's not like !@#$%*, where you could get 20-30 billion people living in your country.

i don't get it. that game is the most boring game i have ever seen. you can't really do much at that game.

but wants wrong with having 20-30 billion people in your country? that would be awsome :D

Edited by sparta

Fairly interesting. Another, much more tedious however, would be to measure the overlaps of every nation on the real world. Compare that with the earth.

Its not as if the map actually means anything though. If you simply compared how much nations overlapped you would have to either decide that planet bob is the second answer, or the same size as earth..

At least it's not like !@#$%*, where you could get 20-30 billion people living in your country.
It's equally ridiculous when a few tens of thousands are supposed to be living in an area thousands of miles across.

If you want to make your population about accurate to your land area given real-life precedent, add three zeros to the end of your citizen count.

Edited by Cirrus

It's equally ridiculous when a few tens of thousands are supposed to be living in an area thousands of miles across.

If you want to make your population about accurate to your land area given real-life precedent, add three zeros to the end of your citizen count.

Actually, the location my nation covers has a population of 4000 (IRL). So not necessarily.