The California Republic may, although not officially, already chosen a side in the Plains Federation-Republic of Texas war. The interesting concept of this was that California was open to siding with either of them, and both sides knew that California would be a large help to them in this time of dire need. This was especially true to the Plains Federation, who seemed to have all of the odds stacked against them, with one of these odds being California. However, California was determined to remain unbiased, so sent a letter to the Plains Federation.

Dear President Reese,

The California Republic, when choosing a side in a war, keeps in mind two things: What the people want, and what I want. Personally, what I want is to side with Texas as it is obviously the mist beneficial choice, however I will choose what I feel is the best choice following your arrival and a meeting in Los Angeles. You will be required to land in Oakland due to damage in our airport here, and will drive down the coast. Take in the sights, Mr. Reese, as this may be your last look at California, or your first.

Sincerely,

President David Marxon

Dear President Reese,

The California Republic, when choosing a side in a war, keeps in mind two things: What the people want, and what I want. Personally, what I want is to side with Texas as it is obviously the mist beneficial choice, however I will choose what I feel is the best choice following your arrival and a meeting in Los Angeles. You will be required to land in Oakland due to damage in our airport here, and will drive down the coast. Take in the sights, Mr. Reese, as this may be your last look at California, or your first.

Sincerely,

President David Marxon

President Marxon,

I regret to inform you that, as there is a war on, I feel that despite your current neutrality in the conflict, it would be much safer were I not to leave the Plains Federation. I'm willing to join you on a secure video call, but any physical visit will have to wait until after the dust has settled.

As a note, anyone who sides with the losing party is ill-advised. You may want to consult your generals on this.

Regards,
President John Reese