Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Peter Ilyich

By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty

Dear nations of the world,

My name is Calvin Coolidge of Massachusetts. You most likely remember me as former governor of Massachusetts. And, if you haven't heard already, the United States of America has fallen. I am coming to you all in the state house of Massachusetts, which is now an independent nation, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I have been elected as the president and will be representing them in many different ways in the years to come. Thirty former U.S counties are now considered the Commonwealth, of which are Berkshire, Franklin, Hampshire, Hampden, Worcester, Middlesex, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Bristol, Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes, Nantucket, Androscoggin, Aroostook, Cumberland, Franklin, Hancock, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Sagadahoc, Somerset, Waldo, Washington, and York.

I understand your nation may feel uncomfortable with a former 17th and 18th century colony returning as an independent state, but we assure you nothing "bad" is to go on. I would, however, like you to know that as part as our project to influence the world, we will likely have ties to colonies or bases in nearly every continent of the planet. We do not want you to be suprised when you see men with our flag on there sleeve near your nation.

Well, thank you for reading, if you have any questions feel free to send a message to Boston. By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Sincerely,

President Calvin Coolidge

The states/former counties would make up the Massachusetts area and the Maine area of the Commonwealth. These make up what was the former Massachusetts Bay Colony before they split up and went to there own. Although not claimed to begin with, Massachusetts reserves the right to claim former states of Rhode Island, Connetecuit, Vermont, or New Hampshire. It also reserves the right to lay protectorate to any land in North America, South America, North American Waters, and South American Waters. In other words, any land in the western hemisphere.

In terms of the president, he will serve 5 years as president and may be re elected as many times as he wants to run. Around him will be an executive, legislative, and juducial branches who will each balance the power similar to what the United States was supposed to do.

The Commonwealth hopes that your nation will welcome us to the world.

OOC: Until I get a factbook, I will post my points here:

Tech: 15

Army: 20

Air Force:  10

Navy: 20

Industry: 15

Edited by Ferdinand Foch

Classified

A secure telegram would be sent to the Commonwealth once the communique reached Istanbul:

Greetings President Coolidge,

It has come to my attention that your nation intends to establish colonies and bases on nearly every continent. I hope you understand when I say that should the Commonwealth attempt to do so near Ottoman territory, especially in Cyprus, the Ottoman Imperial Army and Navy will respond with the full force as is necessary to prevent our lands from becoming victims of foreign infidel aggression and colonialism. I mean no disrespect by informing you of this - I imagine that you would come to my court with the same attitude if I had made such a brazen statement. The Ottoman Empire will gladly host a Commonwealth embassy in Istanbul, but will not allow colonialism, especially not from a far-off land in the Americas.

I sincerely hope you understand and appreciate my concerns and will not perform actions that may be detrimental to future Commonwealth-Ottoman relations.

Praise Allah,

Sultan İlhami Selim Sadık

Sultan of the Ottoman Empire