Mogar

To: Plains Federation Department of Foreign Affairs

Greetings,

As The Imperium has maintained a strong relationship with Tikal for years now, I am interested in reaching out to others in North America to ensure our half of the world does not fall into anarchy or war like so many other regions have done as of late. If The Plains Federation shares my vision of a united and prosperous America and Asia, write back to me and I will come personally to visit your nation and discuss our shared future.

Signed,

-Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of Japan and Joseon Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure.

To: Office of the Empress, Imperium of Japan

Greetings,

The Plains Federation would be delighted to host you for diplomatic talks, Empress Hoshiko. If your visit is to be soon, we'll be happy to host you in Chicago, where I am currently acting as a guest speaker for the next week at the Illinois Future Leaders convention. I will have more than enough time to lend you my undivided attention.

Signed,

President John Reese, Plains Federation

The Mitsubishi SonicStar would arrive the next day, the time changes would quickly begin to take a toll on her, Kazuko but luckily she would be back within her own time zone before jet lag kicked in, hopping and skipping through the time zones. She would land in Chicago, looking forward to meeting the friend of a friend, they didn't have any interactions, but appeared to have agreed on a number of diplomatic issues that had occurred over the past few years.

The President would greet the Empress at the Mayor's House in Chicago, with security beefed up accordingly. Upon her entrance, President Reece bowed slightly to her, acknowledging her culture's prickly sense of formality.

Edited by Mara Lithaen

• 2 weeks later...

Bowing slightly in return she would also extend a hand, wanting to follow both of their respective nation's traditions, as the Imperium had been touched heavily by the influences of America. "It is a pleasure to be in your nation, I trust I am not being too much of a hassle in my sudden decision to visit. We share a common friend in Tikal, and unfortunately a near constant wave of distractions has prevented me from reaching out to the rest of the Americas. I look forward to making up for lost time though, and will preface that by acknowleging I am a fairly direct person, a trait I have picked up from my college days here in America. As we seek to unify the Pacific Rim, by extension this would include the rest of the Americas, not just those upon the west coast. The Americas seem to be peaceful and united already, so it is less of a leap than attempting to see a unified Europe for example."