Japaense-USA Relations

mona lisa

To: Government of Imperium of Japan

The Imperium of Japan and the United States have shared historical ties for centuries, and so after the resurrection of the American government, President Heller has instructed me to invite Japan to send a delegation to Washington D.C. to reestablish diplomatic relations. Among the topics to be discussed is the continual support for American-Pacific Trade, addressing growing tensions in the Pacific Ocean, and possible military cooperation.

I look forward to your reply,

- Secretary of State Alisha Taitt

To: US State Department

The Imperium welcomes relations with the newly restored United States, their recent actions restoring order in California and preventing the blatant Hawaiian aggression against North America. Prime Minister Yamada will be traveling to Washington D.C. in order to discuss matters of trade and security.

-Osamu Saito, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Yamada would arrive in Washington D.C two days later, having slept on the flight to try to prevent any jet lag from the time zone jump.

OOC: you can skip to the meeting.

"Prime Minister Yamada welcome to the United States. If you do not mind I would like to begin our formal discussions, as there is much to talk about. First I would like to inquire how involved the Japanese plan on being in terms of Hawaii and its previous possessions. Is it willing to work with US and Tikal forces?"

"Prime Minister Yamada welcome to the United States. If you do not mind I would like to begin our formal discussions, as there is much to talk about. First I would like to inquire how involved the Japanese plan on being in terms of Hawaii and its previous possessions. Is it willing to work with US and Tikal forces?"

"The Tikalese have taken point upon this, though we had our own grievances against Hawaii, Tikal chose to move forward and has informed us the Marshall Islands will be ceded to The Imperium as to the rest that is up to Tikal, our main priority currently is recovery of the Home Islands from the recent nuclear attacks before we look outward much, the Hawaiians were an exception merely for their craving of a conflict with us, or simply anyone it seems."

"Well I am grateful that the Hawaiian conflict has been resolved. The US sees Japan as a strategic partner in the Pacific, both economically and militarily. The US is interested in a possible ODP with Japan along with possible basing rights. In exchange the US is willing to offer a range of services, technology, and other items to satisfy the Japanese government."

• 3 weeks later...

"Economically we are the largest producer of electronic goods in the world, producing everything from traditional cell phones to... things a bit more exotic." He said, handing over a dossier referring to anything from artificial limbs to artificial eyes, just some of the many products to come out of the partnership with Tikal. "As for The Optional Defense treaty we would welcome such an agreement, but basing rights would be a hard sell at home, especially after so many negative relationships with foreign powers. I have to ask what other items and services you might be suggesting however."

"I understand and only wish for the best for the Japanese people. The United States government and private companies could give unprecedented access to newly developed naval research and technology, especially concerning a new destroyer class planned to be commissioned within the next year. We can also give access to the newly built MQ-8 Fire Scout and MQ-4C Triton drones. These could prove invaluable in protecting Japan's maritime claims and overall national security interests in the Pacific. This of course would only be given if the US was permitted to construct a base in Japan or given an equal alternative."