Friends Across the Sea

Biohazard

[b]CLASSIFIED:[/b]

A request was sent to the Kraljevina Jugoslavija, or the Kingdom of Yugoslavia:

Greetings! I've been instructed to arrange a diplomatic meeting between our two nations. I can be in Yugoslavia within the week, depending on your reply. Ioannes Palaiologos, the leader of Alexandria, is currently away in Rome on official state business; I will be filling for him. The nature of my visit is to open up ties with Yugoslavia, and set the groundwork for a more cooperative Mediterranean, especially with our neighbors across the sea.

I look forward to receiving your reply,

Signed,

Sayyid Antar

Classified:

"The Kingdom of Yugoslavia sends many well wishes to the good people of Alexandria as well as a pardon on the tardiness of the response. The prior embassy of the sadly defunct Red Sea Republic has be reallocated for the use of the state of Alexandria and its diplomats, the embassy is located in the Red district of Beograd. Do note however, that the district is a normal district and not one where services of the carnal nature can be sought out as some may think.

With that being elaborated upon, we shall await your arrival and hope that mutual cooperation and good relations can flourish."

Sincerely,
HM Kralj Dragojev Belojevic

[b]CLASSIFIED:[/b]

"Tardiness, and The Red Light District not being an actual Red Light District? Poor showing!"

-Signed, Sayyid Antar. 

---

Sayyid arrived at the new embassy building in Beograd. He parked his vehicle and after security clearances, was lead into the conference room by a Yugoslavian staff member. The King of Yugoslavia stood when Sayyid entered the room. He shook the King's hand, exchanging small pleasantries with him before seating himself opposite the King and opening his laptop. He opened a fresh file to take notes on. 

"I'd like to thank you for meeting with me today, your highness. Alexandria is very interested in opening ties and relations with our neighbors with those in the Mediterranean, especially with those who share a common religious ancestry through Eastern Orthodox. Before we begin on anything political, I would like to inquire to the Kingdom's stance on the Aidennic religion, and whether or not is allowed to be preached in the streets or within a church without persecution from the government?" 

Classified:

"I'd also like to thank you for visiting us, Mr. Antar. Most do not come to us so it is a pleasant surprise for one of the middle eastern countries, albeit one with religious ancestry tying us together to approach with open arms as it were," the Kralj started with as he simply sat, his hands steepled on the room's table. "As to the stance of the Kingdom on the Aidennic religion, while the country may be predominantly Eastern orthodox, I'm afraid we do not let missionaries preach in the street. Religion is kept strictly within their churches or mosques, no where else," he answered the diplomat's first question.

"If that is an issue with Alexandria, I'm sure we can come to an accords of some sort down the road concerning the Aidennic religion." Edited by Rudolph

"An issue? Heavens, no. I, and by extension Alexandria, understand completely!" said Sayyid, laughing a bit. "I personally don't like having religious dogma thrown in my face either. Would the kingdom be adverse to the creation of an Aidennic Bethgan? If you're unfamiliar with the term, it's basically the equivalent of a church for Aidennists to congregate at. Most Bethgans also include a theological school center, to allow people, regardless if they're Aidennist or not, to come learn about our religion and the other religions in the world."

He sat back a bit, relaxing. "I apologize if this isn't per the usual diplomacy standards, but to Alexandria our religion is very important. After your answer though, I believe you'll have sated my thirst, for now," joked Sayyid.  

Dragojev shook his head, "I understand very well the concern, so no need to apologize, Ambassador," he said as he smiled politely at the foreign dignitary. "That said, the Kingdom would not be adverse to such a creation as long as there is an appropriately sized...I guess 'congregation' would fit for the lack of a better word," he answered without issue.

"As long as that follows, the Kingdom would have no issue with the Aidennic religion. We simply ask that the practitioners follow the laws and decrees of the state."

Ioannes nodded, happy with the Yugoslavian's words. "Of course. For those Alexandrians of Aidennic faith, it is taught that in order to live a virtuous life they must be tolerant and abide by the laws of society, regardless of which one they are in." 

He sat up a bit straighter and looked the King in the eyes. "Now, I believe that it's time we talk a little bit about politics." He let it sink in for a second, continuing on. "Mediterranean unity is something that matters to Alexandria very much. After the Italian-Franco fiasco. By doing that, we are reaching out to our historic and contemporary brethren to attempt to establish peaceful and friendly relations. Our current policy is to secure non-aggression and economic treaties with as much of the Mediterranean as possible. Would the Kingdom be willing to mutually agree to non aggression and reduced tariffs?" 

"Perhaps," Ioannes began, "if the Kingdom is willing to negotiate, we are willing to reduce Canal prices for commercial shipping from the Kingdom, or perhaps even waive the fee altogether." 

The Kralj nodded in return, quite happy to hear the dignitary's response. The Aidennic Church and faith was a recent and modern invention, based from a mixture of Christian and Muslim roots so it was a pleasant note to hear altogether.

Dragojev cleared his throat, "As it stands, our policy is to ensure the freedom and independence from foreign countries for the Balkan Peninsula, and to clear out the Mafia that run rampant in the countryside," he elaborated for the foreign diplomat, "But I'm more than willing and happy to slightly alter our policy to assist Alexandria in its mission of securing the Mediterranean by way of treaties."

"To that end, what would Alexandria ask for Canal fees to be waived altogether?" the Sovereign of Yugoslavia asked, all manners of trade possibilities blooming within his mind.

"Excellent!" Sayyid said, clapping his hands together. "I'll be sure to have a copy of the non-aggression and economic treaty sent over to Yugoslavia for signing." 

"As for the waiving of the Suez Canal's fees, I believe that in return for mutual defense when it comes to situations residing only," Sayyid stressed the word, "in the Mediterranean regions, we can bill Yugoslavian fees under a "Mutual Mediterranean Defense" fee-free tag. I can also get this paperwork sent over to your capital within an hour or two of my return to Alexandria." 

Edited by Biohazard

"I do believe that works well for everyone involved, Ambassador Antar," the Kralj indicated as he nodded, quite happy that his people would have fee-free trade coming from the Suez Canal.

"The Mutual Defense should work in tandem with diplomacy to ensure the protection of the Mediterranean in any issue that may involve us or any dispute within the region only. Do note that mutual defense will only be enacted for the defense of each other with the cooperative diplomatic force being the main force to ensure that the Mediterranean can enjoy peace," Dragojev added and explained, wanting to make sure this would be simply between the two countries.

"Apart from that I believe that our peoples will enjoy this new relationship between our countries."

Edited by Rudolph

Classified

The Great Council of the Yugoslavian Kingdom would transmit (via classified and secure communication) information to the Alexandrian government, specifically in regards to treaty that was discussed a week ago during the scheduled meeting between the two governments in Beograd.

Brothers of the Faith

In the interest of a stable and prosperous relationship, the sovereign nations of Aidennic Alexandria and the Kraljevina Jugoslavija agree to participate as brothers of the faith, with all the benefits, privileges, requirements, and regulations outlined in this agreement.

Article I. Trade Pact
Brothers of the Faith shall undertake appropriate steps, actions, and policies to encourage and facilitate increased trade between the two. Such steps, actions, and policies include, but are not limited to, the reduction or elimination, whenever applicable, of tariffs and other protective barriers, with exceptions for certain industries as determined by the signatories.

Article II. Non-Aggression
Brothers of the Faith shall not undertake any aggressive or otherwise hostile actions against each other in any form. Such actions is defined, but not limited to, illegal espionage and destabilizing actions. This clause shall not be construed as to restrict or otherwise prohibit healthy debate or productive disagreement. Brothers agree to engage in dialogue with each other should a disagreement arise.

Article III. Mediterranean Mutual Defense
Brothers of the Faith shall come to the defense of each other should they become under the threat of a hostile power situated in the Mediterranean Sea.

Article IV. Mediterranean Diplomatic Force
Brothers of the Faith shall come together in mutual diplomatic cooperation in an effort to ensure the safety and stability of the Mediterranean should any disputes within its waters come to rise.

"I trust the following treaty fits our discussion well, and should fly accordingly with all proper procedures."

Respectfully,
HM Kralj Dragojev Belojevic, Lord Protector of the Albanian and Romanian People