Rohan

Dillon1102

Today, this most glorious day, the Kingdom of Rohan was granted independence from the Athenian Federation. There were hardships, there were times we thought it would never happen. Alas we pulled through we were able to make the Kingdom of Rohan a reality. The king of Rohan, David Wymore, today said,

Today my friends, people, enemies is glorious for the Kingdom of Rohan. I would like to personally invite leaders from every nation on this great planet to our great city of Addis Ababa. Unfortunately any delagation from Tianxia will be arrested on the spot. Do not be scared, other leaders we welcome you with open arms, especially the Athenian Federation.

Outright threatening diplomats of any state is an egregious breach of diplomatic protocol.  As Ethiopia falls within the jurisdiction of the Imperial Strategic Zone of Interest, it is an even greater egregious breach, and the idea that a national government with whom we have no contact will [i]arrest diplomats[/i] who would be the very same people necessary for good relations in the first place, means that such a government outright intends to be hostile, and is not at all interested in cordial relations.  This type of naked aggressive character simply will not be tolerated.  I do not have any idea what would make you start out on such a wrong foot, but the Empire will not feel itself obligated to be restrained with a nation that in its declaration of existence is so overtly hostile.  Nor will we tolerate any outside interference in this manner, there is simply no excuse for this sort of amateur chicanery and no political will within the Empire to tolerate it.  You have your choice to grow up very fast or face a response equal to your own level.

No, we will not tolerate such a state in this area of imperial strategic interest.  I give you one last chance, I guarentee you I will not sleep worse one night over putting an end to such an overtly hostile state.  We had one nation rise up in Addis Abba irrationally hostile, a second shall not, period.

Private

The king had a choice to make. He could back what he stood for and let his people be destroyed or he could give Tianxia a chance. After hours of deliberation he decided couldn't do it to his people he would open up talks with Tianxia.

Breaking news

Today the king announced he would invite a delagation to come from Tianxia to meet with himself and other officials from Rohan

Edited by Dillon1102

It is good to see that the Kingdom of Rohan has decided to change its unnecessarily harsh stance towards Tianxia.  One cannot amend issues or build better relations with other nations if diplomacy is prevented from being given a chance.  Given time and patience from both sides we're sure positive relations can be established.

-American Commonwealth State Department

While the initial declaration from Rohan seems antagonistic towards the Empire of Tianxia the near immediate threat of force is at least as antagonistic if not more so. Rohan has made no actual attempts to arrest Tianxian diplomats, neither has it gone out of its way to threaten Tianxia. All they have done is use their sovereign right to reject diplomats from a nation they did not seek relations with. However we are glad to see Rohan has seen it fit to adapt to the circumstances and as such will gladly send a delegation to the capital for the establishment of formal diplomatic relations between Athens and Rohan.

-Ariel David, Magistrate of African Affairs.