Finality

Lestari

And thus, the Federal Hierarchy of Amazonia, the nation once known as the Republic of Pará, the country which had seen the rise and fall of entire nations and been witness to destitution and greatness-- the longest-lived nation in South America-- at last met its demise.

Executor Valverde had arrested the premier and taken control of the nation with the support of the military, advocating with the armed forces' patronage intervention into the brewing conflict that had embroiled Bolivia. It was Alex Valverde's belief that permitting a foreign power-- especially one with such a track record as Tianxia-- to conduct military operations against a South American nation ran completely contrary to what the Hierarchy was meant to do. Had it not been the dream of her aunt, Premier Isabel Vieira, from the very first days of Pará as a sanctuary during the Holy American Civil War, to help create a unified South America free of foreign intervention and the insidious plague of war beyond the continent's borders?

But the premier had failed in that regard. She had proven unwilling to oppose Tianxia's intervention into South America, and Alex, torn between her committment to her aunt-- to her premier-- and to the virtues upon which her nation was founded upon, was forced to overthrow the order of the goverment to see that the ideals of the former Republic of Pará were pursued.

Unfortunately, though the military supported her advocacy of military action against foreign invaders, the people.... did not. Moreover, they were fiercely loyal to the premier, and, for reasons mysterious and obscure, did not seem to appreciate their beloved leader being removed from power, not even by another (somewhat less) beloved leader. Alex had estimated as much, but she had failed to gauge the full depth of the citizens' loyalty to the premier over the nation, and she had certainly failed to understand just how widespread, how vehement, and eventually, how violent the uproar would become.

Civil conflict seized the nation suddenly and brutally. Unwilling to relent, incapable of compromising her virtues with the wishes of the populace, her psyche fracturing amidst a slow and agonising mental breakdown, the Executor waged war against her own people, the citizens she had once dedicated her very life to protecting, they for whom her only wish was to provide a strong, virtuous nation to call home. The military itself was no longer united under her auspices: action against Tianxian military intervention was no longer the issue at hand, and the armed forces shattered into sects-- some remaining loyal to the Executor, others deserting to fight for the people, and still others, branding themselves True Loyalists, declaring their allegiance to the premier alone.

The conflict became a war in all its sanguine ingloriousness when a True Loyalist special operations team infiltrated the military prison in which Premier Isabel Vieira was being held, and freed her. At that point, the civil war became a struggle between two distinct forces: the Executor and her military loyalists, and the premier with the support not only of the True Loyalist forces but also of the civilian populace itself. Alex declared that the premier had lost sight of what the nation was meant to be, and that she was the only person who could alleviate that: Isabel avowed that Alex would go down in history as a traitor to the nation once the will of the people returned the rightful leader of the nation to her place.

The casualties were staggering: tensions that preceded the nation of Pará, ideological differences that had been repressed and kept under the surface for years by the premier, fuelled the vehemence fo the conflict. The merest of towns became the site of overwhelming carnage-- the premier cities of the nation, once proud and resolute, withered under the merciless specter of siege warfare. Bombing campaigns decimated the land, engagements at sea filled the coastline with the carcasses of ships both Loyalist and True Loyalist, and the infrastructure of the nation suffered grievously.

Just one gruelling year-- one year of carnage, destruction, pandemonium, despair and sorrow. It took that much pain and misery for both factions to step back from the devastation they had inflicted and grudgingly pursue avenues of peace. However, by that point, even as representatives of both factions began to contemplate the process of peace, it was discovered that Isabel Vieira and Alex Valverde had both disappeared without a trace.

Leaderless and absent of the two primary figures of the conflict, the two factions hung their heads in shame and requested formal protection by the SAO. The civilian populace, weary of the year-long civil conflict and on the whole drained of their once-inexorable dedication to the premier, agreed. And with that, after years of stable, prosperous leadership followed by one year of brutal conflict, the nation once known as the Republic of Pará came to a close, its chapter in history drawing to an end-- its voice in the global chorus falling silent at last.

OOC: No, this is not gonna be some '________ IS KILLING CNRP' shit. This is prompted by two things: one, I've realised due to my general inactivity that I no longer can really commit to CNRP as I should given the extent of my land. And two, CNRP is no longer the entity it was when I first joined it. CNRP was at its best when it was about the characters-- the Sarah Tintagyls, the Baron Ubersteins, the Generalissimos and Kaiser Martens. Dynamic, interesting characters that changed, felt, and thought in ways that felt real. Now, it's all about the nations. The heads of state are cardboard cut outs-- static, empty, flat, uninteresting and with no real character arc or development. Nobody really does character RP anymore, and that's what I feel is the bane fo the game rather than any one particular entity or RPer.

I'm sure I'll probably get folks who'll say if I thought the system was broken I shoulda tried to fix it, but, like I said above, I lack the time and committment to really try and change the entirety of CNRP-- and anyway, at that, I'm sure there are plenty of people who prefer it as it is with nation RP taking precedence over character RP. I personally was always of the belief that CNRP should have been 'RPing characters against a backdrop of international intrigue' rather than 'international intrigue in which the characters take part', but I'm sure there are people who disagree with me.

Anyway, I'll probably still hang around a bit in the chatroom and check around CNRP from time to time. I left the fate of the premier and the executor ambiguous so that, if I feel CNRP is sorta becoming what it used to be again, I can return with those two characters and be more active. 'til then, though, probably not.

Already prepped for action in Bolivia the Republica Military only required a change in orders and a few quick movements to react to the fall of Para. Two divisions (~40,000 troops) were readied to move into the country and took over military facilities and other duties now being neglected by the fallen government. Work would begin immediately in dismantling dangerous weapons to keep them from falling into the wrong hands. For now the country would be converted into a South American Organization protectorate. Followers of Delgado would also move in after the military to begin philanthropic activities such as rebuilding and feeding those who needed it.

An official statement would be made to the SAO and the rest of the world by Chancellor Delgado.

"We are deeply saddened by the fall of such a prominent nation in South America and the head of the SAO. The Imperio Republica will take up an interim position as the head of the SAO until proper elections can be held and the current crisis have been resolved. We would also like to announce our official endorsement of the UN. Times are changing very rapidly, and its important to adapt to these changes. We must stand strong and set an example for others until things settle to prevent further disasters such as this one."

OOC: Sad to see you go dotcom, I was looking forward to more of your RP :(