American Commonwealth Presidential Elections

MostGloriousLeader

Pick the next President of the American Commonwealth  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The 4th American Commonwealth Presidential Election, as well as general elections for congress, are looming on the horizon along with a frenzy of political activity and campaigning.  The retirement of President Bronson and the decision of President Nelson to not run for another term has led to the disintegration of an large or organized independent moderate presence in the Commonwealth's political scene.  New politics have polarized voters to two mainstream parties.  Now, amidst an economic crisis, the presidential candidates must navigate this new political environment.

Bradley Marston

Party: Democrat

Vice President: Hillary Clifton

harrison_ford_1194821.jpg

Democratic party candidate Bradley Marston is the current Governor of the state of New York, launching his campaign as his current term as governor comes to an end.  Marston has gained prominence as a star of the democratic party since the start of his governorship, in which he has been the first and only governor of New York since its induction into the Commonwealth, winning re-election handily several times.  Marston's tenure as governor has established himself as a highly effective and efficient administrator that has grown New York into the state with the largest economy in the Commonwealth.  Even in the waning days of his governorship, amidst the financial and economic crisis, Marston's leadership and economic initiatives have limited the damage to the state's economy and has even managed to spur a small recovery.

As president, Marston has promised to enact government relief programs to slow and halt the economic decline and, eventually, to bring about a recovery.  He has stated he would push for another round of stimulus spending while temporarily expanding social safety programs for the duration of the recession.  Marston has said he plans to expand education programs and social security, reform healthcare as well as re-institute financial regulations that were removed by the republican controlled house several years ago which many have blamed as a cause of the economic crisis.  If elected as president, Marston has also promised that he would do everything in his power to positively promote the Commonwealth on the international stage, seeking to expand greater economic and diplomatic ties with other nations in the world. 

Richard Boener

Party: Republican

Vice President: Tim Cruze

john_boehner_orange.jpg

Ohio Congressman and Speaker of the House Richard Boener is the prime candidate of the Republican Party for the upcoming election.  Decades of successfully navigating internal party politics has raised Boener to the spotlight in his party.  A professed moderate republican, Boener has claimed that while he lacks executive experience, his insight into the legislative process will allow him to make an effective president and to work across the aisle with democrats.  Boener's views on how to solve the economic issues facing the Commonwealth differ somewhat from his democratic opposite.  He claims that while he'd be in favor of a limited stimulus he was opposed to increasing government spending on expanding social safety programs or re-enacting regulations removed by his party, saying that the answer to the recession was further deregulation, smaller government, and lowering taxes on corporations and job creators.  He has also announced that he would greatly increase military funding, even after budget cuts were restored to the military.  On the other hand his plans for foreign affairs are very much similar to Marston's, as he intends to expand the Commonwealth's overseas relations and ties.

Glenn Taylor

Party: Libertarian

Vice President: Remmy Paul

Glenn Taylor is one of the most prominent politicians of the Libertarian party.  Advocating vastly reduced government, candidate Taylor has claimed he plans to cut back the federal government and intends to reinvest the power in the various state governments.  Taylor has claimed that ideally that in his vision for the federal government, many social programs would be cut or eliminated like social security and various welfare programs, and would be limited to defense and foreign affairs.  In regards to the latter he has said that while his government wouldn't be opposed to pursuing trade and better relations with other nations, he was against establishing any permanent ties that bind the Commonwealth to a foreign power claiming that non-interference should be the foreign policy of the nation. 

All three candidates have said that they are open to questions from different parties.

OOC: Only votes from players participating in cnrp will be counted.

After a 24 hour period voting has ended and the ballots have been tallied.  Throughout the race both the democratic and republican candidates were neck in neck and the vote ended in a near tie between the two, both coming out with 42.68% of the vote.  At the very end of the race Marston pulled ahead with a 6% lead.  Boener conceded the race to Marston shortly afterwards.  Bradley Marston is now the third president of the American Commonwealth.

OOC: The top two were tied so I coin flipped to see who would win.  Indiana Jones.. er... Marston won the coin flip.

Edit: meh, there was one last second vote so I re did it :/  (Currently 7 Dem, 6 Rep, 2 Lib)

Edited by MostGloriousLeader

Confidential!

To: The Office of the President of the American Commonwealth

Subject: Congratulations

Mr Marston,

With the elections in your country concluded, I would like to congratulate you to your new office and would hope that your presidency will keep the Americas stable and your people secure. As Minister of Foreign Affairs, I would however also request that we meet in order to discuss possible establishment of economic and civil ties between our two countries. As we always look for reliable trade partners, we would think this to be in our mutual interest.

With regards,

Nakamichi Minoru

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Dai-Tōhoku Renpō

From The Office of The Prime Minister of The Commonwealth of Canada

To The Office of The President of The American Commonwealth

President Marston, 

Congratulations on being elected the third president of the American Commonwealth. It is a great thing, especially in North America, to see republics elect their leaders fairly and through an actual democratic process.  Canada will soon see its first democratic elections after my term ends in a few years and I look forward to having the people choose their next leader. 

I hope that we can work together and establish relations, whether it be political or economical, soon and begin to work together. I am always open to new ideas, so feel free to get in touch with my office if anything comes across your mind.

Regards,

Tesla LeBlanc 

Prime Minister of Canada

Edited by PresidentDavid

To: The Office of The President of The American Commonwealth

From: Catherine Martin- Newfoundland&Labrador Minister of Foreign affairs

Mr Marston,

With the conclusions of your elections, I would like to congratulate you for winning the elections, to be the Commonwealth's third president.  I hope that you can continue to be a source of stability in the Americas, and wish you the best of luck with your new job of serving your people.

Hopefully we can meet sometime to increase our relations and such soon.      

Regards,  

~Catherine Martin- Newfoundland&Labrador Minister of Foreign affairs

Edited by Shadow hawk

Confidential!

To: The Office of the President of the American Commonwealth

Subject: Congratulations

Mr Marston,

With the elections in your country concluded, I would like to congratulate you to your new office and would hope that your presidency will keep the Americas stable and your people secure. As Minister of Foreign Affairs, I would however also request that we meet in order to discuss possible establishment of economic and civil ties between our two countries. As we always look for reliable trade partners, we would think this to be in our mutual interest.

With regards,

Nakamichi Minoru

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Dai-Tōhoku Renpō

The American Commonwealth would be more than happy to hold a meeting with your nation to discuss and establish diplomatic ties and trade relations. 

From The Office of The Prime Minister of The Commonwealth of Canada

To The Office of The President of The American Commonwealth

President Marston, 

Congratulations on being elected the third president of the American Commonwealth. It is a great thing, especially in North America, to see republics elect their leaders fairly and through an actual democratic process.  Canada will soon see its first democratic elections after my term ends in a few years and I look forward to having the people choose their next leader. 

I hope that we can work together and establish relations, whether it be political or economical, soon and begin to work together. I am always open to new ideas, so feel free to get in touch with my office if anything comes across your mind.

Regards,

Tesla LeBlanc 

Prime Minister of Canada

We thank the Commonwealth of Canada and would like to state that we would be open to establishing relations between our two nations.

To: The Office of The President of The American Commonwealth

From: Catherine Martin- Newfoundland&Labrador Minister of Foreign affairs

Mr Marston,

With the conclusions of your elections, I would like to congratulate you for winning the elections, to be the Commonwealth's third president.  I hope that you can continue to be a source of stability in the Americas, and wish you the best of luck with your new job of serving your people.

Hopefully we can meet sometime to increase our relations and such soon.      

Regards,  

~Catherine Martin- Newfoundland&Labrador Minister of Foreign affairs

The American Commonwealth is always open to the establishment of good relations with other countries.