The Kingdom of Iceland - DoE

PresidentDavid

King Nightfall was anything but months earlier. However harsh weather, political partisanship, and failing attempts of establishing a central government for the entire island led to his rise as leader of Iceland. He was more of an intriguing man than a brutal man. Though he could and would use force on his enemies or the foes of his friends,  he was normally a curious monarch with the desire of being shaded in mystery. Though do not be fooled, his curiosity was well shaded from the light of conspicuously by his wisdom and common sense.

A good king is smart, a great king is wise.

A physical document would be sent to the foreign ministry of the Athenian Federation and to the monarchs of the Athenian Federation. It would entail the following. 

The Aurora Article

best-pictures-night-sky-astrophotography

After political confusion and economic uncertainty for years, the people of Iceland have had enough and want to maintain a stable island. Through the will of my countrymen, I was brought to the roll of King of Iceland after being accepted by nearly all of the numerous religious groups and political factions on this island. Wielding the will and hope of the people of this island, I request formal recognition from the Athenian Federation so I may serve my people as a sanctioned leader who will not face political persecution from the very same government that has generously protected this place from harm. 

Through the past, Iceland has seen hardships and death. I bid you now to give this island the freedom it needs to govern its own affairs and take care of its people. Though brief, I hope this message will be relayed quickly and read with consideration. 

We await your reply, 

King Nightfall of Iceland

Iceland was, political correctness aside, in an economic depression which had lasting so long, the people of the island were use to such low standards of living. Some would argue that the island was technologically backwards, electricity being virtually unknown on the island except in the heart of the largest cities, and motorized transportation not used simply because there was no need to ship goods that weren't being produced. Much of the island's economy was was focused on fishing and limited agriculture. On a macro level, those sectors of the economy were the largest however there were other smaller industries. But in Iceland no good was being mass produced. The only positive aspect of this economic state was that only progress could be made at this point, the island had hit rock bottom compared to the rest of the world. The people of Iceland, however, were remarkably calm but eager for progress.

Edited by PresidentDavid

The American Commonwealth welcomes the newly independent Kingdom of Iceland to the North Atlantic community and recognizes it as a sovreign nation.  We would like to extend an offer to begin and, hopefully, expand diplomatic relations between our two nations.

-American Commonwealth State Department

The Uruguayan Republic happily recognizes the Kingdom of Iceland as an independent state and hopes the Icelandic people will see a future of prosperity and safety.

"I thank the Uruguayan Republic for their recognition and best wishes. I look forward to bringing our countries closer together in the coming future." 

-King Nightfall

The American Commonwealth welcomes the newly independent Kingdom of Iceland to the North Atlantic community and recognizes it as a sovreign nation.  We would like to extend an offer to begin and, hopefully, expand diplomatic relations between our two nations.

-American Commonwealth State Department

"This Kingdom and its King values above all else our Atlantic neighbors. I would be honored to have a diplomat from the American Commonwealth come here. Unfortunately, there are no active runways here on the island that could accomodate a large aircraft. I suggest, if a diplomat would like to come, he or she flies to Greenland where I will have a ship chartered to bring them here to the capitol. I hope to see us work together in the coming future." 

-King Nightfall

The National Transition Council, in support with the President, of the Republic of Madagascar, declares it's recognition of the Kingdom of Iceland

"Thank you for recognizing this Kingdom, and thus its King. Madagascar will prove to be a stable partner and friend of Iceland - I am sure of it." 

-King Nightfall

Edited by PresidentDavid