Everyone is a new recruit?

Minion Rouse

Right now, everyone in the alliance is listed as a "New Recruit," which is what I have listed as the "New member title."  The problem is not everyone is new.  Is there a way to change the title of people who aren't new to something like "member" without manually changing everyone's title one by one?  

Thanks

Thanks for the assistance.  It's really not a problem unless you have to change the titles of an entire alliance.  Luckily I should only have to change one or two at a time from now on,  

A feature was recently added where if you change the new member title, then set a group of users to pending and then reapprove their membership, you'll be able to batch-change their member titles. I haven't tested it, but I suspect they'll lose all their special privileges when that occurs and you'll have to reset it, however.

Just tested with 3 guys from the GATO SE AA.

Any special privileges [besides Post Alliance Announcements] prevent their status from changing to pending, even through the mass status change option. If mass changing at same time as people who can be moved to pending normally, only those who can be moved will be.

status can be changed to pending if they have Post Alliance Announcements checked, and it stays checked while they're pending, although they cannot access the alliance announcements page. Once reapproved they regain their ability to post.

checking any of the other boxes automatically approves them.

individually changing status to pending while also checking one of the non-announcement options cancels out the pending status.

mass approving does indeed change their membership title to a new one.

changing member status [even to and from pending] does not affect seniority levels.

Edited by Overlord Wes

It's probably controlled by your authority level in your alliance; I could check but you're probably set to manager level, not owner level, so you can't de-manager other users.