Sanctioned Alliances (Regarding changes in the AA system)

Instr

What happened to sanctioned alliances? Do Sanctioned Alliances still exist? What alliances are currently entitled to get a pip on the forums?

What about the flag system? In TE, any alliance over 20 members is allowed to have a flag and with the complete importation of the system to SE, the same rules now apply. Are flags still a valued commodity or have they been demoted to a similar value as 5 donations?

Sanctioned alliances are no longer highlighted within the new Alliance system, so it's hard to tell whether Sanctioned Alliances still exist.

The flag thing should be clarified; has the flag run finally been killed (or partially slain)? Once upon a time I enjoyed the flag run because it was relatively apolitical, but as with all things and normal competition the competition became too intense for my taste and I guess I couldn't handle the heat anymore. So, I'm fine with it either way.

With regards to the changes in the flag system, the following thread addresses the majority of the issues.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/117500-winning-a-flag-in-te/

If there's nothing that needs to be added this question should probably be closed.