To the desk of Reichskanzler of Greater Germany

Zoot Zoot

[quote]To: Reichskanzler of the Greater Germanic Reich, Jorhan Stahl
From: Max Fisher, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Albion

I am writing to you today Reichskanzler Stahl in regards to the unification of the island of Britain. The former Governments attempt at unification was blighted by not consulting your office, hastiness and ill-judgment. I would like to arrange a meeting with you, or if you are otherwise occupied, a member of your diplomatic staff who is authorised to speak on your behalf, to discuss the matter of Scotlands future, be it a German protectorate, or annexed into Albion.

Recently, an ePetition created by a member of Albions public in favour of unification was signed by nearly forty million people. Now normally, it only takes one hundred thousand signatures to make it a document, that must, by law be discussed in Parliament and be resolved, either in favour of the ePetition, or against. It is because of this overwhelming show of support for unification with Scotland that I am writing to you now.

If you, or a representative wish to travel to London, arrangments can be made for your arrival, or I can travel to Berlin.

Yours sincerley
Max Fisher
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Albion[/quote]

[quote]To: Max Fisher, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Albion
From: Kurt Von Strohm, Reich Minister und Chief of the Reich Chancellery

Dear Prime Minister,

You are invited to Berlin to discuss the situation, surrounding Scotland. You are to meet with the Reichskanzler at the Reich Chancellery. He will be awaiting your arrival.

Signed,
Kurt Von Strohm
Reich Minister und Chief of the Reich Chancellery[/quote]

A polite, yet formal response was sent back to Reich Minister Kurt Von Strohm accepting the invite. Soon after the message was sent via electronic means, Fisher was aboard the official Government aircraft, a British Aerospace 125, also known as the Hawker 800. When he arrived in Berlin, he would head directly to the Reich Chancellery for his meeting with Stohl.

He would arrive a little early and wait patiently for his appointment with the Reichskanzler.

Upon arriving in Berlin, Fisher would be directed to the Reich Chancellery's waiting area. After a small thirty minute wait, he was then guided to Stahl's meeting room for foreign dignitaries. In the center was a large, glass table. At the head of the table, Stahl sat and waited; while, to the left, the Reich Minister of European Affairs was seated.

"Please have a seat, Mr. Fisher, so we can begin the meeting."

Edited by Malatose

Fisher nodded as he took a seat opposite his German counterparts before begining to speak.
"Reichskanzler Stahl, a pleasure to meet you. I reference to my earlier correspondance about Scotland I have brought with me the documentation of the ePetition which is in overwhelming favour of unification with Scotland. This of course the publics opinion on the matter, Government has tried to stay away from the issue after the last regimes... unfavourable approach to the matter which resulted of the abidication of the last King and his resulting exile, aswell as the old Parliamentary cabinate. However law dictates that if an ePetition reaches 100,000 signatures it much be brought to Parliamentary attention and debated apon. 40 million signatures is quite above this requirement." said Fisher as he produced a folder of doucments, pushing them across the table.

"You will see that the strongest public support per person comes from the border counties in the north which briefly benefitted economically from the unification, however short. I can only assume it was the same story on the Scottish side of the border. It is my true and honest belief that in the best interests of the island of Britain ecnomically, socially and militarily in terms of defensibility of the greater security of the isles as a whole, that Scotland be unified with the rest of Albion but, in keeping the terms laid down by yourself, Government by a central Government based in Westminister." he finished looking quickly to both men as he came to a finish.

Stahl shifted his eyes, "Let me get this straight. An "ePetition" has overwhelmingly decided that Britain should merge with Scotland? What do the people of Scotland think of all this? Shouldn't the people of Scotland be the main one's deciding on their future instead of you? And this "ePetition". To be blunt, what makes you think I even care about what your people think?"

Stahl pushed the documents aside, in a rather uninterested manner.

Edited by Malatose

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1347769110' post='3030673']
Stahl shifted his eyes, "Let me get this straight. An "ePetition" has overwhelmingly decided that Britain should merge with Scotland? What do the people of Scotland think of all this? Shouldn't the people of Scotland be the main one's deciding on their future instead of you? And this "ePetition". To be blunt, what makes you think I even care about what your people think?"

Stahl pushed the documents aside, in a rather uninterested manner.
[/quote]

"Well Reichskanzler, this ePetition only represents what the people of England and Wales believe, the people of Scotland however are a different matter. This is another reason why I wished to speak to you about the matter, if permission was granted, a poll could be set up in Scotland to identify if they wish for unification or not aswell. As Scotland is the protectorate party, it is their wishes that would decide, with your grace obviously, if they would be unified or not. I want to do this through all the correct channels so that Germany is kept in the lopp every step of the way for a conclusive decision on Scotlands status within the British Isles. As for your last comment, I cannot say, why would you care about what my people think? This is not about what my people think, this, in my opinion ofcourse Reichskanzler, is about the well being of Britain as a whole and it is of my own personal opinion that a fractured Britain is a wounded Britain." Fisher said, pausing slightly to drink from a bottle of water.

"Reichskanzler, if you do not feel it is in Scotlands best interests to allow immediate unification, would you allow a poll to be established to find out what the peopulation of Scotland wants in regards to unification?"

"And what does Britain gain from merging with Scotland? More land? Or perhaps national "pride"? Prime Minister, I deal in absolutes. A merger of Scotland brings nothing to England, except for more land and responsibility. The sort of responsibility that I don't believe Britain is prepared for, perhaps under the leadership of Jane II but not under this current administration." Stahl cracked his knuckles and smiled, "But maybe I could give you the benefit of the doubt, but I also gave the Irish the benefit of the doubt and nothing but trouble arose from it. However, people always tell me that not everyone is the same; however, every fool I have come across has done the same exact thing."

Before Stahl could continue, he was interrupted by his Adjutant, who whispered something into his ear. Stahl shook his head and stood up, "Sorry to cut this short, but I must attend to some important business. In regards to Scotland, I will allow a vote. Upon receiving the results, we will move on from there. Good day."

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1347813097' post='3030777']
"And what does Britain gain from merging with Scotland? More land? Or perhaps national "pride"? Prime Minister, I deal in absolutes. A merger of Scotland brings nothing to England, except for more land and responsibility. The sort of responsibility that I don't believe Britain is prepared for, perhaps under the leadership of Jane II but not under this current administration." Stahl cracked his knuckles and smiled, "But maybe I could give you the benefit of the doubt, but I also gave the Irish the benefit of the doubt and nothing but trouble arose from it. However, people always tell me that not everyone is the same; however, every fool I have come across has done the same exact thing."

Before Stahl could continue, he was interrupted by his Adjutant, who whispered something into his ear. Stahl shook his head and stood up, "Sorry to cut this short, but I must attend to some important business. In regards to Scotland, I will allow a vote. Upon receiving the results, we will move on from there. Good day."
[/quote]

"This is not a matter of national pride or land, a merger between England and Scotland brings in more economic stability, better security and a strong future for the people as a whole of Britain. Jane II perhaps would of been a good leader, but under her leadership England and Wales was divided and it was war. The Irish were fools, lead by a boy King who did not know his arsehole from his elbow. Everyone has done the exact same thing because they did not know England, they went back in time to an era of muskets and cannon, they tried to turn the people of Britain into a German state, a mini clone of the Greater Germanic Reich and it caused a war because they lacked the backbone of its basis of inception, they lacked the know-how and the means to maintain their state under the pressure of external attack." responded Fisher politely, once again taking a drink of water before responding to Stahls final comments.

"I shall arrange the vote as soon as possible Reichkanzler and send the result to your office. Thank you for your time."