The Stern Build

Minister Teguse walked with heavy footsteps as she made her way to the Administrative Pavilion located in the Aeon capitol, Awassa. Her thoughts we just as heavy, filled with the portents of doom that she had been tasked with fighting.

[i]"...but that is not all. Our Princess is an avid proponent of divination, the art of discerning the fabric of time and space itself, of listening to the echoes of eternity in order to gaze into the future. She has foreseen the ruin that shall befall the Earth in the near future. She speaks of fire descending from the heavens, fires that burn so bright that even the cold void of space cannot hope to quench them..."

[/i]The Princess was a skilled Astropath - this was certain. But this was a dangerous, dangerous path for the Principality to undertake. In order to wield the power necessary to escape the earth and strike at the heavens, to strike the very Gods themselves in their domain...[i]

"...the SCA has been monitoring increased expenditures and development of space. While the SCA respects and reveres our beloved Princess with the same zeal a lowly Acolyte has, it prefers to operate on much more . . . scientifically grounded information. While the Princess' visions seem a bit far-fetched, it cannot ignore the data it has seen. Again, I will reiterate that the Principality does not view the Republic with anything other than admiration or awe - but far less trustworthy states have taken to the skies as well, and we fear that their intentions are far less mild than yours..."[/i] [i]

"...all this banter must reach an overriding conclusion - and I will give it to you. The Principality, whether for good reason or not, wishes to develop a layered strategic strike capability capable of reaching LE-, GE- or even HE-orbits from the surface of the Earth. Anything from spaceships to stations to meteors to E.T. must die at our hands should they prove to be a risk to humanity on the ground. We request Lunar technical supervision while we undertake this task. The question is. . . do you trust us enough to do this?" [/i]

The Republic had invariably not trusted the Principality enough - and for good reason. Few could stand the sight of embodied glory - such was the hubris of Teguse's operation. But it was ever necessary.

But the Principality's Space Program was a budding one. It could not fulfill the Princess' ends on its own. That was why Teguse would send a discreet communique by private chartered freight to Grand Papua. It would ask for a quiet audience with someone from the Grobpapuanische Weltraumorganisation who had the authority to carry out rather substantial business with regards to the Sternbild launch program. If that was not able to be done, it would ask to go even higher, into the ranks of the Grand Papuan Ministry.

Haman Karn was perplexed at the message. She understand that Aeon wanted to cooperate with space, but why would this African country, from a continent that had been looking inward through the formation of the AUP and the AU, coming here? But that was not important. Such cooperation was necessary in finalizing the Zeonist dream, and she'll see what she can get out of this. She would personally meet with this Teguse. In the grand office overlooking the launch pads, Haman received the Aeon Minister.

"What brings our neighbor from across the sea to here, Minister?"

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1334466608' post='2953630']
Haman Karn was perplexed at the message. She understand that Aeon wanted to cooperate with space, but why would this African country, from a continent that had been looking inward through the formation of the AUP and the AU, coming here? But that was not important. Such cooperation was necessary in finalizing the Zeonist dream, and she'll see what she can get out of this. She would personally meet with this Teguse. In the grand office overlooking the launch pads, Haman received the Aeon Minister.

"What brings our neighbor from across the sea to here, Minister?"
[/quote]

Minister Teguse gazed with a stern face at the bustling expanse of the Papuan Launch pads. She surveyed the grand Papuan achievements with eyes of regret, as if she were disappointed at the Principality's own lack of progress. Nodding appreciatively, she turned to Karn.

"Most impressive, Minister Karn," Teguse said, turning to the figure. Lightly tapping away at a personal assistant device the Minister promptly sat down between herself and Karn, Teguse took a seat across from her contemporary.

OOC: I am assuming the Sternbild hasn't been announced internationally yet.

"I will be blunt, as the missive I have been sent to your lovely nation with is one of purely business. We have detected multiple launch blooms from Grand Papua over the last few weeks. Cross referencing with known civilian agencies and notifications, we quickly excluded military launches. In and of themselves, these blooms are not remarkable - it is their size. The Principality of Aeon wishes to procure either licenses or permissions to this Papuan ultra-heavy lifter, if not, an entire disassembled unit. We wish to touch the stars just as much as the Papuans did when they first undertook this immense path to glory."

"And for what purpose do you wish to reach the stars?" Haman was cautious with this person from Aeon. The country was what one may say to be a mixture of Newtype and Oldtype, based on its opposition to the main Oldtype nations. Yet, is this enough to give them access into the universe? "We Zeonist have a single purpose of benefiting humanity with our technology. I would need to know if Aeon is willing to do the same kind of actions as the Lunar Republic, the prime example of a Newtype nation."

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1335147259' post='2957533']
"And for what purpose do you wish to reach the stars?" Haman was cautious with this person from Aeon. The country was what one may say to be a mixture of Newtype and Oldtype, based on its opposition to the main Oldtype nations. Yet, is this enough to give them access into the universe? "We Zeonist have a single purpose of benefiting humanity with our technology. I would need to know if Aeon is willing to do the same kind of actions as the Lunar Republic, the prime example of a Newtype nation."
[/quote]

'Oh there would be a benefit to humanity,' Teguse thought to herself grimly. For a brief moment she considered discussing the portents of doom Deaconess Toth dumped into her consciousness, before deciding firmly against it. She decided to play upon more mutual concepts instead.

"A... Newtype nation? I am unsure of this, might you explain this concept to me? In any case, the Zeonist purpose seems to be an admirable one. Know that the Principality also shares your aims.

In short, the Principality has found itself lacking in exoatmospheric development and infrastructure. We have made provisions with the Lunar Republic towards acquiring our own colony, but without the means to maintain them ourselves, we have deemed ourselves unfit to lay claim to them just yet."

"To say it simply, a Newtype nation is one that has gone beyond petty egoistic boundaries and works for humans, while an Oldtype is a self-centered relic of the past, clinging to nationalism, self-justified liberalism, and such. You should know such nations, since they happened to have destroyed a dear ally of Aeon in Southern Asia. However, your various cooperation projects with various versions of the Lunar Republic does seem to indicate your speak the truth. Perhaps we shall be working together on various activities in the near future". She typed in a few things into her computer. "You'll be receiving a hard drive containing all there is to know about the [i]Sternbild[/i], from the fuel chemical analysis to the method of payload installment. When I have time, I'll be visiting with some scientist to see how things are proceeding on your side. We also have other projects such as a mass driver, and a more Newtype nations go into space, the more we shall be free from tyranny."

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1335207108' post='2957870']
"To say it simply, a Newtype nation is one that has gone beyond petty egoistic boundaries and works for humans, while an Oldtype is a self-centered relic of the past, clinging to nationalism, self-justified liberalism, and such. You should know such nations, since they happened to have destroyed a dear ally of Aeon in Southern Asia. However, your various cooperation projects with various versions of the Lunar Republic does seem to indicate your speak the truth. Perhaps we shall be working together on various activities in the near future". She typed in a few things into her computer. "You'll be receiving a hard drive containing all there is to know about the [i]Sternbild[/i], from the fuel chemical analysis to the method of payload installment. When I have time, I'll be visiting with some scientist to see how things are proceeding on your side. We also have other projects such as a mass driver, and a more Newtype nations go into space, the more we shall be free from tyranny."
[/quote]

"Newtype... Oldtype... I know not of the labels you use, but the meaning behind them is clear. You would be correct, however, to assume the Principality means no one harm in its actions now and always."

Accepting the hard drive reverently, she placed it carefully in her diplomatic pouch. Returning her hands to the table infront of her, she spoke.

"The Principality will of course welcome Papuan technical staff to inspect our progress regarding the Sternbild acquisition. As for mutual co-operation in the future, I will say that the Principality's space program has become almost totally engrossed with integrating itself with a Pan-African initiative. Naturally, the monumental help you'll be providing our collective programs will undoubtedly curry AUP favor towards working with the Papuan Space Agency in a civilian capacity."

"Very well." With that, the short meeting was over. Sometime later, Haman Karn would visit Aeon with head scientists of Großpapuanische Weltraumorganisation, to see how the Principality was doing with the [i]Sternbild[/i]. However, things would get complex with the chaos that would sweep the world, and thus Haman would continue staying at Aeon.