Reclaiming What Was Once Ours

KaiserMelech Mikhail

[img]http://www.eao.ru//Images/Gorod/gen_028.JPG[/img]
In the halls of the Duma, Marscury, Marscurian Siberia:

"And the lands will be ours again," a Duma member yelled, "they have never fulfilled their obligations, and they are crumbling beneath their own weight. We have permission, I say do it now!"

"Why rush to war so quickly," another member said, "this was our fathers' conflict, not ours. It is just one island."

"It is not just one island," the first yelled, "it is Marscurian pride! Whether it is Siberia, Pakistan, or the Empire, it is Marscurian pride!"

"I say we put it to a vote," the second said, "and I vote ney."
"Aye"
"Aye"
"Aye"
"Ney"
"Aye"
"Aye"
"Aye"
"Ney"
"Aye"
"Aye"
"Ney"

"The ayes have it," the first man gloated to his defeated opponent, "but seeing as this is a military matter, the Khagan must sign off on this. Send it to the palace."

[img]http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/83315/iowa_capital.jpg[/img]
Khagan's Palace, Marscury, Marscurian Siberia:

"What are the casualty risks," Mikhail asked Maxim Trumpledor, Bek (top commander) of the armed forces.

"Minimal, if any," Maxim said, "with the civil war and new invasions, I would be surprised if any troops or ships were allocated to such a remote and tiny outpost."

"Good," Mikhail said, "Which ship must we send?

"Send the [i]Tunguska[/i]," Maxim said, "The [i]Bira[/i] is on loan to the Austrians and the [i]Amur[/i] does not have the men or the range to do the job. The naval infantry and amphibious tanks on board the [i]Tunguska[/i], however, should be more than enough to secure the island. We'll refuel in UFE-held Hawaii, and then take the island."

"Maxim," Mikhail said, with a serious look in his eye, "I'm getting that damn statue."

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Destroyer_Bezuderzhnyy.jpg[/img]
2nd Fleet Naval Base, Glubokiye Vodishtot, Cyrantia:

"Alright you dogs," the captain barked, "get into positions! We're going to embark! You might as well get on your Hawaiian shirts now, as that's our location, then we're off to an undisclosed location in the south Pacific."

The giant engines in the bowels of the [i]MSS Tunguska[/i] stirred to life. Large blasts of thick black smoke poured into the sky as the fuel lines were opened, unleashing the diesel fuel. The ship slowly pulled out of port, saluted by the naval personnel on shore. On the bridge, everything was running smoothly. The Cyrantians were alerted of the ship's departure through the Amur, and all sonars and radars were checked and rechecked. "First mate, all ahead standard," the captain said.

[i]Operation Sea Turtle[/i] had begun.

OOC: Basically, this whole operation is revenge for this little moment.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=64941&st=0&p=1735461&hl=pitcairn&fromsearch=1&#entry1735461

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1317091266' post='2809354']
A revenge nuclear weapon hidden within a statue of several men beating a turtle to death with paddles subsequently detonated. The entire island was irradiated.

OOC: Lulz :v
[/quote]
OOC: You mean... you did make the statue? :blink:

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1317091866' post='2809362']
OOC: Ages ago :o
[/quote]
OOC: You could have sent a postcard or something. :mellow: Oh well, I'll still take the island, seeing as all the evidence for the statue has been melted or blasted away. Sure, 25 naval infantry will die horrible deaths from radiation poisoning, but it will all be worth it when we start overcharging for drinks in the future minibar. When the time comes, I'll just move some trees from Henderson Island. When my soldiers stop dropping dead, I'll know it's safe.

Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Honolulu, UFE:

With the journey halfway completed, the [i]MSS Tunguska[/i] pulled into the base onto the designated dock. On the decks, the crew of the ship were wearing their HSSU (Hawaiian shirt service uniforms). The crew would be given shore leave while the ship took on fresh fuel, food, and water.

Middle of the Pacific Ocean:

The [i]MSS Tunguska[/i] found itself in the middle of the ocean when the engines shut down. No land was visible, and that was the point. The ship was midway between Pitcairn and Henderson Islands, around 60 miles from either landmass. This was perfect, as it kept the ship out of any danger, but was well within the aquatic range of the MAT-63 amphibious tank. From inside the hold, the ship's cargo crane lifted the two tanks out and placed them in the ocean, where they took off in opposite directions.

After a nearly 5 hour sea voyage, the first tank ran up on Henderson Island. It was a tropical paradise, with palm trees hugging the beach, and bushes bushes with beautiful flowers, and all sorts of colorful birds flying overhead. The tank crew, four men in all, disembarked the tank and took a large bag off the back. Since the vegetation was far too thick to bring the tank up, each of the grabbed a separate item from the bag. One grabbed a large spade, another took large sections of a reinforced fiberglass flag pole, the third took a 40 pound bag of quick-drying concrete, while the last one took the Marscurian Siberian flag and rope. Carefully working their way through the jungle, they reached the largest hill on the island, likely an extinct volcano. It was there that the hole was dug and the flagpole set up using the concrete and water from the only spring on the island. After the two-hour wait, the flag was hoisted, and the crew radioed the ship for a pickup.

For the team storming Pitcairn Island, it was a different story. The tank pulled itself out of the ocean and onto sand that was black as charcoal. On the island, there was nothing, no plants or animals, just dirt. Nonetheless, the team did their duty. Luckily, the tank could drive itself up to the top of the island, some 1,100 feet above the beaches. Once the flag was placed, the ship was signaled for the pickup, but since the [i]Tunguska[/i] was 120 miles away at Henderson Island, it would be at least 4 hours before the pickup arrived. When the tank was finally aboard, the crew were sent to the sick bay with nausea and vomiting. What was initially thought to be seasickness from the voyage was ruled out when the regular dopamine treatments failed. Soon their skin turned grey and their hair started falling out. After two days, all four men were dead. In the end, the operation was a success. The Pitcairn Islands once again belonged to the Marscurians. The families of the four marines would only be told that they died in the line of duty.