Democracy doesn't boost my environment

HHAYD

I switch from Capitalist to Democracy before tax collecting. My environment was originally 2.09, now it's 3.09 despite the fact that both government types have positive impact on environment.

Right thinking that a government bonus affected his environment Therm. Wrong bonus though since his land is well below what is needed to avoid the penalty for not having one mile of land for every 2 infrastructure levels. The bonus that did change his environment is the +8% increase in soldier efficency that Democracy has and Capitalist does not. That slight boost pushed his soldier efficiency past 60% of total citizens invoking a one point environment penalty.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1309757720' post='2748181']
Soldiers: 27,000 (62,356)
Citizens: 98,726
57.08 population per mile
[/quote]

Problem is it has nothing to do with population density. Density is a comletely separate issue. If your soldier efficiency is greater than 60% of your total citizens you suffer an environmental point penalty. 60% of 98,726 is 59,236. Before the government change, your soldier efficiency was 57,737 which is less 60%; so no environment penalty. Your change in government brought an 8% boost in your soldier efficiency with it which raised your soldier efficiency to 62,356 which is over 60%; triggering the penalty. Delete 1500 soldiers or a barracks to put yourself back under 59,236 and see.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1309757720' post='2748181']
Soldiers: 27,000 (62,356)
Citizens: 98,726
57.08 population per mile
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]Soldiers+Citizens gives you TOTAL Citizens (the number that's used to calculate the impact Troop Count has on your Nation & Environment). :) [/size][/font]

[quote name='Nova Blue' timestamp='1310061590' post='2751486']
[font="Verdana"][size="4"]Soldiers+Citizens gives you TOTAL Citizens (the number that's used to calculate the impact Troop Count has on your Nation & Environment). :) [/size][/font]
[/quote]

To not confuse things, it total supporters not total citizens. The game uses citizens to indicate those who pay taxes and supporters to indicate soldiers plus citizens. Population density is affected by supporters as you indicate. However it's not what was causing the problem.

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1310092323' post='2751929']
To not confuse things, it total supporters not total citizens. The game uses citizens to indicate those who pay taxes and supporters to indicate soldiers plus citizens. Population density is affected by supporters as you indicate. However it's not what was causing the problem.
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]Oh I know that it's not what's causing the problem, I'm replying more to HHAYD's post about Pop Density, and was showing him how the 2 are not in relation here. ^_^ [/size][/font]