Noverian News and Movements

JEDCJT

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1310896786' post='2757701']
The change in both name and embassy location has been noted, and will be put into action as soon as feasible. Noveria is a very interesting name, may we inquire to its origins?

Private: A sexy pin-up calender would be sent to the Noverian legislative body to show them that it was indeed 2011.

OOC: So you go from Star Wars to Mass Effect. :P
[/quote]

"The etymology of Noveria's name largely comes from a rough translation of [i]novam imperium a populo[/i], which means 'new rule by the people' in Latin. The Portuguese translation, 'novo governo', meaning 'new government', can be applied, and so can the words of 'new winter' and 'rule', which translates to 'nova inverno' and 'regola' in Italian."

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

"Thank you for the pin-up calendar. Our Foreign Affairs staff certainly...appreciated it much. In return, we will send you an exclusive pin-up calendar of Jessica Alba in provocative uniforms and poses."

OOC: Yeppers. :awesome:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]PUBLIC NEWS[/b]

NADRINK, Columbina - Changes are underway in the Republic of Noveria. The newly-christened National Assembly voted on a new bill and a resolution before it was to briefly adjourn for its journey from Ursalia City to the new capital, Nadrink.

Firstly, it passed the [b]Government Retification Act[/b], with a 120-7 vote, with 13 abstentions. The Act, in addition to affirming provisional Noverian President J. Thomas Christopher's formation of the Noveria Development Council and other related changes, ordered that all government institutions and organizations currently bearing the name of the former Holy Empire of Ursalia to be changed to the new national name.

Accordingly, the Imperial Ursalian Armed Forces was to be renamed to the Noverian Defense Forces (NDF), and its branches named accordingly (the Imperial Ursalian Army into the Noverian Army; the Imperial Ursalian Air Force into the Noverian Air Force; and the Imperial Ursalian Navy into the Noverian Navy). The Imperial Taxation Bureau, in turn, was to be renamed to the Noverian Internal Revenue Service (NIRS); the Ursalian Border Agency was to be renamed to the Noverian Border Commission (NBC); and so on.

In turn, the Dioceses were to be renamed to Provinces, and Diocese Governors renamed Premiers. Furthermore, all Ministers and Ministries within the Noverian Development Council are to be renamed Directors and Directorates, respectively. The Constitution of the New Order (henceforth the Imperial Charter) was to be renamed to the Constitution of the Republic of Noveria and all appropriate name changes effected herein once the National Assembly relocates to Nadrink.

Secondly and lastly, the National Assembly voted, 127-10, with 3 abstentions, to officially repeal the Decree on the Organization of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order, which had set the specifications of the Imperial State Intelligence and the Inquisition, two branches of which currently form part the Ministry of State Security.

According to political analysts, the Act not only deprived the Ministry of State Security's legal basis and legitimacy to perform its duties, but also confirmed the official existence of the Ursalian secret police in the guise of the Ministry of State Security by exposing the true nature of said Ministry, which had until then been known as the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR).

"This Act essentially confirmed our suspicions of the existence of the secret police in the then-Holy Empire of Ursalia." Pasquale Bianchi, founder and current leader of the Libertarian Party, stated in a televised interview in Calgari. "And turns out we were right." "The Ministry of State Security tried to overthrow the government, and so it has to be dismantled." Rodrigo Belga, head of the Conservative Party, stated in a talk show in Nadrink.

This forms the considerable consensus among Noverian citizens, especially in major cities such as Nadrink and Calgari. "Throw out the MSS!" A private citizen, who has remained anonymous at request, told the Noveria Times in the City of Medicine Hat. "The administration should phase out the MSS as soon as possible. Only after that can this country truly become free, cleansed of the stain of secret police depotism." Another citizen remarked in the City of Regina.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

With the Republic of Noveria successfully established, the now-former Imperator isolated under house arrest in his residence at the outskirts of Ursalia City, the institutions of powers largely under his control, J. Thomas Christopher proceeded to perform his next objective of his on-going 'guardian coup': the elimination of the Ministry of State Security.

With the National Assembly temporarily adjourned due to the current relocation of Delegates, as members of the National Assembly are now known, to Nadrink, Christopher resolved to use his powers he had inherited from his position of Grand Vizier to issue what had once known as Decrees, but now were known as presidential directives.

The first of such directives came in the form of [b]Presidential Directive No. 1[/b]:

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b][size="3"]Presidential Directive No. 1:[/size][/b][/center]

[b]Subject: Ministry of State Security
To: CEOs of corporations and companies listed therein[/b] [[i]list of corporations and companies attached[/i]][b]; Mafia bosses [/b][[i]list of names attached[/i]][b]; Minister of the Interior[/b] [[i]to be passed on to the High Police Chief[/i]]
[b]From: J. Thomas Christopher, President of the Republic of Noveria

TOP-SECRET[/b]

IN the interests of consolidating and strengthening the sovereignty, political and territorial integrity, and independence of the Noverian Republic, its government, people, institutions, organizations, traditions, values, norms, and freedoms, I, serving in the position of the President of the Republic of Noveria, hereby order you to perform the following:

You are to undertake the necessary preparations for organizing and garnering the forces, personnel, and resources under your control, such as armed troopers, agents, and/or operatives under your respective commands for the purpose of bringing about the dissolution of the Ministry of State Security, whether peacefully or through force.

Your destinations are the M.S.S. Headquarters building located in Ursalia City, provincial M.S.S. Field Offices, and local M.S.S. Bureau buildings. With the Minister of State Security out of the way, you are hereby cleared to undertake measures against M.S.S. officials (specifically Imperial State Intelligence heads, directors, and operatives; and Inquisition heads, directors, and operatives, including Inquisitors), from highest to lowest ranks, without concerns for legal consequences. Lethal and non-lethal force, in such case, is authorized for such operations - depending on the situation - which shall not be limited to their place of work, but in their private residences as well. In the case of the latter, you are strictly prohibited from performing actions against the M.S.S. official's family and relatives, unless they themselves are members of M.S.S. and/or have cooperated with the M.S.S. in executing its functions and responsibilities.

Wherever they may be found, M.S.S. officials as described above are to be placed under protective custody. In case of resistance, lethal force is authorized. Armed M.S.S. officials are to be disarmed; in case of resistance, lethal force is authorized. In case of lethal force being authorized, whenever the M.S.S. official(s) are successfully in your custody, they are to be disposed of in a matter most efficient of limited resources and time. This is to be done in a secret, disclosed location, and conducted in a way that public attention and awareness will not be raised.

In the event you face difficulties against certain M.S.S. officials, including but not limited to M.S.S. Troopers and COMPForce Troopers, the Armed Forces and its weapons, resources, and assets; and the police and its weapons, resources, and assets; shall be available to provide assistance and support.

In executing this operation, you are to constantly send reports to me regarding your progress.

Signed,
[img]http://i.imgur.com/qkvvHl.jpg[/img][/quote][/font]

The Directive was duly passed on to their recipents through secure channels.

[b][u]PUBLIC NEWS[/u][/b]

[b]Embassy Row Reopened in Nadrink[/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/z6xPB.jpg[/img]
[i]An Embassy building in the Embassy Row, Nadrink[/i]

NADRINK, Columbina - The Embassy Row in Nadrink is now open.

Andrew Paulone, the Press Secretary of the Noveria Development Council, stated in a special press statement that the Embassy Row in the new capital has been reopened, and that vacancies are now available to foreign Ambassadors and officials relocating from Ursalia City, as well these who wish to establish diplomatic relations with the Republic of Noveria.

The Embassy Row, built in Vinilandese times, had housed foreign Embassies and even consulates in the days of the Kingdom of Viniland. It fell into disuse with the collapse of Viniland, and was even converted into a tourist center when the Tahoe Republic annexed British Columbia, where Nadrink is located in. In recent years, especially under the Kingdom of Ursalia and then the Pravus Ingruo protectorate that predated the formation of the Holy Empire of Ursalia, the Embassy Row had undergone renovation and even expansion. It stands as magnificent, if not more, as it had been when it had been firstly built.

Any foreign Ambassadors, staff, and consuls desiring to establish an Embassy or Consulate in the Embassy Row, Paulone stated, should contact the Director of Foreign Affairs, Salvador Nava. They may choose from the many buildings that adorns the Embassy Row of which they wish to reside in. The Embassy Row, located in the northeastern portion of Nadrink, is a very secure place, with electrified security gates, layers of checkpoints, and armed guards to provide security.

Foreign nations not currently maintaining diplomatic relations with the Republic of Noveria, in addition to contacting Foreign Affairs Minister Nava to establish Embassies and consulates in Embassy Row, are required to recognize and accept the Standard Protocols for Embassy Establishment Declaration (SPEED), which goes as follows:

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b]Standards Protocol for Diplomatic Relations Directive
Standard Protocols for Embassy Establishment Declaration (S.P.E.E.D.)[/b][/center]
[b]Article One:[/b]
This legislation shall set forth the guidelines for faciliating and furthering diplomatic relations between the Republic of Noveria and the world's nations through the Standard Protocols for Embassy Establishment Directive (S.P.E.E.D.).

[b]Article Two:[/b]
A request for an Embassy in Noveria must be approved by the Director of Foreign Affairs. Once approved, foreign nation(s) must agree to all terms outlined in Article Three. Upon signature, foreign nation(s) shall be given a choice of whatever Embassy building in Embassy Row they wish to reside in.

[b]Section A - Embassy Staff[/b]
Foreign nation(s) can send only one Ambassador to their Embassy, and Embassy personnel may never exceed fifty persons at one time, including the Ambassador, diplomats, aides, assistants, security, and his/her family. Embassy security staff are permitted to hold small firearms within Embassy grounds.

[b]Section B - Extraterritoriality of Embassies[/b]
Any foreign Embassy are granted extraterritorial status, that is, formally belonging to the foreign nation. Noverian law and resolutions do not apply there, except under specific circumstances as described in Section E; Noverian government personnel are required to receive permission from the foreign Ambassador in order to enter their Embassy.

[b]Section C - Diplomatic Immunity and Right of Expulsion[/b]
The Ambassador from the foreign nation shall receive diplomatic immunity, nothing else. The Government of Noveria reserves the sole right to expel any foreign national from Noverian territory. Such nationals shall have the right to reside in the foreign Embassy for as long as at the discretion of the Ambassador; they shall come under diplomatic immunity. Otherwise, they shall be guaranteed safe passage out of Noveria. Foreign nationals not under diplomatic immunity may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of Noverian law.

[b]Section D - Diplomatic Transportation[/b]
Foreign nations establishing an Embassy in Noveria has the right to send over up to three vehicles and one helicopter. All vehicles must be registered with the Directorate of Foreign Affairs prior to establishing Embassies.

[b]Section E - Revocation of Embassy and Diplomatic Rights[/b]
The Government of Noveria reserves the sole right to close down the Embassy at any time. In the event an Embassy is closed down in this manner, all diplomatic staff residing there shall have no more than three weeks to bring their possessions with them, and shall be guaranteed safe passage to their home countries.

[b]Article Three:[/b]
Any foreign nation establishing an Embassy in Noveria officially recognizes that the Republic of Noveria has full authority and sovereignty within its borders.

Signed,
[img]http://i.imgur.com/qkvvHl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XDePJl.jpg[/img][/font][/quote]

Edited by JEDCJT

[u][b]PUBLIC NEWS[/b][/u]

[b]New Flag unveiled[/b]

NADRINK, Columbina - The Republic of Noveria now has an official national flag.

The Directorate of the Interior announced that, following recommendation from the National Flag Commission regarding the adoption of a new flag to replace the old Ursalian flag, the Noverian Republic had made an official choice, and will be unveiling the new flag today in the capital. Government and public buildings have been requested to remove the old Ursalian flag and replace it with the new flag when it is distributed across the country.

The flag is illustrated as below:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/vQHOB.png[/img]
[i]The new flag of the Republic of Noveria[/i]

Although the new flag has met with popular approval so far, several political commentators have noted that the flag is virtually identical to the corporate logo of the Noverian Defense Corporation, one of the nation's largest corporations, and that it is similiar to the Vinilandese flag. This, as one such commentator stated, could cause confusion when the flag is displayed alongside the Vinilandese flag, which continues to be flown exclusively in Nadrink.

The flag is a zigzagging line shaped in the form of mountains against a green background, although the 'mountains' look remarkably similiar to corporate logos. According to the Interior Directorate, the line represents the mountain ranges that crisscrosses the province of Columbina and which forms part of the aforementioned province's boundary with Nova Coimbra. The color green symbolizes the peaceful, harmonious nature of the republic.

"It's pretty much the same as the Viniland flag, actually." Stephen Novard, host of the Novard Talk Show, stated on his show in Calgari. "If you ask me, all you have to do is change the Nordic cross to that of mountains, and that's it."

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Yukon and American West protectorates formalized[/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ywJJZ.jpg[/img]
[i]Interior Director Isaac Rodriguez making his announcement in Nadrink[/i]

BILLINGS, Montana - Director of Interior Isaac Rodriguez announced in a speech today that two corporations had been chartered for the general purpose of administering the Republic of Noveria's two current protectorates, located alongside the southeastern and northwestern borders.

The Yukon Protectorate Corporation - headquartered in the town of Whitehorse, which will serve as the administrative center of the protectorate - will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration of the Protectorate of Yukon (alternatively referred to as the 'Protectorate of the Yukon'). It will be responsible for coordinating local government affairs such as tax collection, emergency services such as fire-fighting, health and human services, and law enforcement; and it will be responsible for overseeing and arbitating the smooth administration of various local government institutions and organizations within the boundaries of the Yukon Protectorate.

In light of the duties and responsibilities of the Yukon Protectorate Corporation over its namesake protectorate, certain affairs will remain under control of the Noverian Government: foreign affairs by the Directorate of Foreign Affairs, national defense by the Directorate of Defense, communications by the Directorate of Communications, and border and customs service by the Noverian Border Commission, now a separate agency under the aegis of the Interior Directorate.

And that's not mentioning that Yukon's Arctic coast would fall under the jurisdiction of the Directorate of Maritime Transport in peacetime, and the Directorate of Defense in wartime.

In turn, the American West Protectorate Corporation had likewise been formed, to be headquartered in the city of Billings, to administer the American West Protectorate, which comprises of the territories of Montana (at least, most of it) and Wyoming. The duties and responsibilities of the Yukon Protectorate Corporation over its protectorate are basically the same as that for the American West Protectorate Corporation over its own protectorate.

Each corporation will be led by a Chairman-Protector, who will report to the Director of the Interior. The Yukon and American West protectorates, Rodriguez stated, "will be considered as entities separate from the Republic of Noveria in international affairs, and yet will be considered as a part of Noveria itself in domestic affairs to such an extent that any outside aggression by hostile forces by any part of them would, in fact, be treated as such against Noveria itself, and responded to such accordingly."

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]National Assembly fully established in Nadrink, Holy Ursalian constitution rewritten[/b]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sUose.jpg[/img][i]Exterior of the National Assembly building in Nadrink[/i]

NADRINK, Distretto Federal - The relocation of the capital from Ursalia City to Nadrink was officially completed when all one hundred and forty Delegates formally took their seats in the National Assembly building in Nadrink, which used to be the Parliamento building in the days of Viniland.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Qdbyg.jpg[/img][i]Interior of the National Assembly building[/i]

Among the first acts of the National Assembly in the new capital was to pass a special resolution to rewrite and modify (as well eliminate some redundant articles from) the Constitution of the New Order, one of which was passed with a vote of 132-8, with zero abstentions. What is now officially known as the Constitution of the Republic of Noveria goes as below:

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b][size="4"]Constitution of the Republic of Noveria[/size][/b][/center]

[b][size="3"]Preamble[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Constitution of the Republic of Noveria, also known as the Noverian Constitution, which affirms the very existence of the Republic of Noveria and the indivisible unity of the Noverian state, duly and solemnly represents the determination to uphold the existence, prosperity, material and spiritual well-being of the Republic of Noveria, and to maintain the standards of a honorable member, with equal rights, in the international community of the world’s nations.[/size]

[size="2"]This Constitution, thus, acknowledges and upholds the values of secularism, but it recognizes Christianity, especially Roman Catholicism, to be the unofficial State religion, and that this notion shall be maintained indefinitely. The Constitution recognizes the birthright of every Noverian citizen to lead his or her life based on the development of his or her material and spiritual assets under the aegis of national culture, civilization, and the rule of law. In other words, every Noverian citizen have has the right to practice whatever religion he or she chooses to practice, and without state interference as defined by law, unless stated otherwise.

The Constitution also recognizes the notion that all Noverian citizens are united in national honor and pride, in joy and grief, in their right to exist as a nation, in blessings and burdens, and that they have the right to live a peaceful life based on utmost respect for one another’s rights and freedoms, mutual love and solidarity, and their desire for peace and freedom.

The Constitution is to be interpreted and implemented according to its word, and should be honored and obeyed in both letter and spirit.[/size]

===

[b][size="3"]Article One:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Republic of Noveria is henceforth designated a Presidential republic, with a representative system of government, and a federated administrative and organizational structure.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Two:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Republic of Noveria is to be a democratic, secular, and social state governed by the rule of Law, to be based on the concept of peace and honor, national solidarity and justice, respect for human rights, and on the fundamental tenets outlined in the Preamble.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Three:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Republic of Noveria, with its territory and nation, has the very right to official existence. It has the inalienable right to Sovereignty, and shall exercise it through the established institutions of Government as defined by law.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Four:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The fundamental aims and duties of the Noverian State is to maintain, uphold, and defend the independence and integrity of the Republic of Noveria, and to provide the means required to uphold the development of the individual and the State’s material and spiritual existence.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Five:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Executive power shall be vested in, and exercised through, the Office of the President of the Republic of Noveria, through the Noverian Development Council, in conformity with the Constitution and the Law and in cooperation with the Legislative and Judicial branches. This shall form the Executive Branch of the Noverian Government.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Six:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Legislative power shall be vested in, and exercised through, the unicameral National Assembly of the Republic of Noveria. The National Assembly shall have the right to pass amendments to this Constitution by a four-fifths vote, and this shall be duly binding. The National Assembly shall, in addition to passing laws and resolutions, have the power over the federal budget. This shall form the Legislative Branch of the Noverian Government.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Seven:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Judicial power shall be vested in, and exercised through, the Supreme Tribunal of the Republic of Noveria to ensure the conformity of the laws, resolutions, and orders passed by the National Assembly with the Constitution. The Judicial branch shall be independent from the Executive and Legislative branches, although the President shall have the right to appoint one-half of Justices with the two-thirds majority of approval in the National Assembly.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Eight:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The President of the Republic of Noveria shall serve as the official Head of State, and Head of Government, of the Noverian State.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Nine:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Prime Minister of the Republic of Noveria shall serve as the official Head of Government of the Noverian State.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Ten:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The President of the Republic of Noveria, in accordance to his/her role as Head of State, shall wield appropriate executive powers, including but not limited to performing ceremonial duties such as bestowing all honors and dignities, creating all peerages, granting knighthoods, and accrediting Ambassadors and other envoys. The President can appoint or dismiss members of the Cabinet within the Noverian Development Council only at the proposal of the Prime Minister. The President shall preside over the Noveria Development Council, and can directly appoint or dismiss officials of said Council, apart from the Cabinet. The President can appoint and dismiss the Prime Minister through a non-confidence vote in the National Assembly, through a two-thirds vote. The President has the power to issue Presidential Directives in regards to the Noveria Development Council. The President has the power and right to exercise the veto power to to override any decisions or actions of any member of the Noverian Development Council, any decisions or actions made by the Prime Minister, any resolution passed by the National Assembly, and any decision passed by the Supreme Tribunal; the National Assembly shall have the power to override the Presidential veto by a two-thirds vote in the National Assembly. In times of emergency, the President may dissolve the National Assembly, call for emergency elections, and/or declare martial law or state of emergency in the absence of a Head of Government only. The President shall serve as the Commander-in-Chief of the Noverian Defense Forces and shall preside over the higher national defense councils and committees, although operational control and command will be wielded through the position of Military Executor. Presidential elections shall be held every four years, unless the President resigns, dies, incapitated, is impeached, or otherwise is unable to serve. In such circumstances, the Noveria Development Council shall call for new elections to elect a new President, of which will be confirmed by a two-thirds vote in the National Assembly. The President is eligible for up to two constructive terms (four years each, a total of eight years) and up to one non-constructive term (four years, a total of four years). All oaths of allegiance shall be made to the President.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Eleven:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The President shall be elected by the people of the several Provinces and the district constituting the seat of government of the Republic of Noveria. The electors in each Province shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of Deputies in the National Assembly from that Province, except that the legislature of any Province may prescribe less restrictive qualifications with respect to residence and the National Assembly may establish uniform residence and age qualifications. The persons having the greatest number of votes (defined as over 51 percent of the vote) for President shall be elected. Each elector shall cast a single vote applicable to President. Names of candidates may not be joined unless they shall have consented thereto and no candidate may consent to the candidate's name being joined with that of more than one other person. The National Assembly may by law provide for the case of the death of any candidate for President before the day on which the President-elect has been chosen, and for the case of a tie in any election.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twelve:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]In accordance to his/her role as Head of Government, the Prime Minister shall head the Cabinet within the Noveria Development Council only, and shall be tasked for coordinating and overseeing the various government directorates, bureaus, and offices and offices that comprise the Noverian bureaucracy. Furthermore, the Prime Minister serves as the Chairman of the National Assembly, where he/she shall be only allowed to vote when necessary to break a tie vote. The Prime Minister can propose, but cannot appoint or dismiss, members of the Cabinet to the President for approval or rejection. The Prime Minister has the power to propose, but not promulgate, federal budget proposals, of which must be passed by the National Assembly with a two-three vote and signed into law by the President. The Prime Minister has the power to issue Executive Orders in regards to the Cabinet only, and with the approval from the President.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirteen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Noveria Development Council shall consist of the President, the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, and other high-ranking government and military officials such as Supreme Commander and Military Executor, among others. Under the leadership of the President, the Noveria Development Council is to serve as an administrative body of the Republic of Noveria, though it shall not supplant the National Assembly as a legislative body. In the case the President is unable to serve his position, is incapitated, dies, or resigns, the Noveria Development Council will serve as an executive body alongside the National Assembly, and new elections shall be called for the election of a new President.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Fourteen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Any Province, or any part of Province, or any Territory, or any part of such Territory, that constitutes the Republic of Noveria are proscribed from unilaterally seceding from the Republic for any reason. Secession is illegal, and shall constitute High Treason in court of Law. This Article does not apply to Protectorates held by the Republic of Noveria and covered under the Norton Doctrine.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Fifteen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Any Government formed through extrajudicial or otherwise illegal means, as through a coup de etat or armed insurrection, and not through the democratic will of the People, shall not be recognized as a legitimate Government of the Republic of Noveria, and this shall hold effect even if this Article or Constitution is suspended or otherwise 'nullified'. Citizens of the Republic of Noveria shall have every right and liberty to resist such Government, either peacefully or violently, with the goal of restoring law, order, and equality of citizens before the law.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Sixteen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Federal Government of the Republic of Noveria shall maintain a balanced budget by not spending more in expenses more than what it collects in income. The Federal Government shall be prohibited from running a deficit of more than 1 percent of the total Gross National Product, and provinces shall not run any deficit at any one time. Exceptions shall be provided, through a four-fifths vote, in times of war, foreign invasion, state of emergency, or martial law.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Seventeen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The right to the free exercise of religion, of speech, of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances shall be respected. The National Assembly shall make no law that violates or otherwise hinders or prohibits these aforementioned freedoms and rights.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Eighteen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Specifically, any lawful citizen of the Republic of Noveria over the age of eighteen, with sound mental standing, shall have the right to keep and bear arms, providing that it is used in a way that does not threaten or otherwise endanger the stability and political integrity of the Noverian State. The National Assembly shall make no law that violates or otherwise hinders or prohibits this particular right, unless gross violations have occurred in regards to this.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Nineteen:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-One:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Two:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and Empire and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Three:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty Liras, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the Holy Empire of Ursalia, than according to the rules of the common law.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Four:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Five:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Six:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The powers not delegated to the Republic of Noveria by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the Provinces, are reserved to the Provinces respectively, or to the people.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Seven:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]All lawful citizens of the Republic of Noveria over eighteen years of age shall have the right to vote in any public election. The right to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the Republic of Noveria, any province, or any other public or private person or entity.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Eight:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]All lawful citizens of the Republic of Noveria shall enjoy the right to a public education of equal high quality. The National Assembly shall have power to enforce and implement this article by appropriate legislation.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Twenty-Nine:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The official languages of the Republic of Noveria shall be English, Portuguese, and Italian. It's regional languages are one and many, including but not limited to Cree and Athabaskan.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirty:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The official Flag of the Republic of Noveria is described as a flag with a white zig-zagging line shaped in the form of mountains on a green background.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirty-One:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The capital and seat of government of the Republic of Noveria is the City of Nadrink, of which shall be designated a Distretto Federal (Federal District). The Distretto Federal shall be administratively separate from the province of Columbina.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirty-Two:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The official national anthem of the Republic of Noveria is O Noveria, and the national motto is "Por nossa Pátria, nós prosperamos" (English: "For our Fatherland, we thrive").[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirty-Three:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The Armed Forces of the Republic of Noveria, to be referred as the Noverian Defense Forces and organized into the Noverian Army, Noverian Navy, and Noverian Air Force, are under the final and ultimate operational control and command of the Military Executor on the behalf of the President, and whenever appropriate, the National Assembly.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirty-Four:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]All lawful citizens have the right and obligations to participate in the defense of the Republic of Noveria in times of Foreign invasion or war.[/size]

[b][size="3"]Article Thirty-Five:[/size][/b]
[size="2"]The provisions within the Constitution are binding through executive, legislative, and judicial institutions. Laws, Propositions, and as such, shall not differ from the Constitution. This does not affect Presidential directives issued by the President in regards to the Noveria Development Council.[/size][/font][/quote]

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

The crackdown on the Ministry of State Security, as ordered in the Presidential Directive No. 1, was - to put it - a mixed bag of success. It took some time for the corporations to organize, coordinate, and cooperate their forces and resources as their disposal together to achieve a common purpose. And the same went for the police on all levels; the Polizefederal had to work together with the Polizediocese and Polizelocal in regards to resource allocation and management, formulating an unified plan of action, and working together with the corporations and the Mafia - all over the nation. And that's not mentioning the Army, which had agreed - after considerable negiotations and after much reluctance - to suspend the nighttime curfew to enable the police, corporations, and Mafia to accomplish their work at night.

Once everything was mostly in place, Presidential Directive No. 1 was duly enforced. And it would begin in Ursalia City (which was in the process of being renamed to Hanshan). In that city, heavily-armed Mafia gangsters converged upon the colossal Ministry of State Security Headquarters from all sides, accompanied with Elanus security forces and Polizefederal officers, and shadowed by Army units.

Entry into the building was fairly easy enough, but the Mafia, Elanus, and police encountered a major hurdle when MSS personnel barricaded themselves throughout the building, and COMPForce troopers took up positions, where a fierce battle raged for hours on end. In face of tenacious resistance - and sustaining heavy casualties - the attackers plowed on, joined in by Army troopers, where they seized room after room. All MSS personnel in sight were often shot out of hand by the vengeful Mafioso and occassionally by Elanus forces.

At around the same time the 'Battle of the Headquarters' raged in central Ursalia City, cordoned off by Army troopers and rear police units, the operation was going more smoothly somewhere - for the most part. In Calgari, Vancouver, Nadrink, Victoria, Nanaimo, Edmonton, Regina, and Sipatau, MSS field offices were seized by the Mafioso, Elanus, and police forces with virtually no resistance. Likewise, in the suburbs, Neighborhood Watch operatives stormed the village MSS offices and took control. MSS personnel captured were duly placed in jail - although 'accidents' occurred when the occassional Mafioso would 'push them off a cliff', the eupherism that would be well-known to them.

Raids were also mounted against private residencies and homes of MSS officials, where the Mafioso would actually commit atrocities; in additional to shooting the MSS official(s) in question in their own homes, the Mafioso would proceed to 'have their way' with the wives for hours - although several Elanus commanders did their best to prevent that. Before leaving, The mafioso warned them to "keep their mouths shut, or else." Save for Ursalia City, as well Saskatoon and Juneau, the MSS was largely dismantled.

With the forceful dissolution of the MSS, the fledging Noverian republic was being strengthened every time a MSS office, large and small, closed down. Caches of weaponry, equipment, and supplies employed by the MSS were seized en masse. But still, dismantling an organization that employed over 80,000 personnel, as well hundreds of thousands of full-time and part-time informers, would take some time.

"Noveria is now in control of its destiny." The CEO of Elanus Risk Control Services stated in a classified report, among countless others, submitted to the President. "Every vestiges of the old Ursalian state is being blasted away."

[b][u]PUBLIC NEWS[/u][/b]

[b]Upcoming elections underway[/b]

NADRINK, Distretto Federal - Provisional president J. Thomas Christopher stated in a publicized speech in the capital today that the planned elections, to be held in a few months' time, are currently in the works. "The Republic of Noveria is currently undergoing its transitional phase, where the centralized, authoritarian Imperial system will give way to a stable, partisan democracy." The President stated. In such, he would "utilize everything in his power and capability to further such ethos."

He also announced that martial law would be lifted, to take effect immediately, beginning with Nadrink, Calgari, and Vancouver and moving on to other cities and towns.

The Noverian Election Commission (NEC) is working together with the Bureau of National Statistics, and regional and local authorities to establish in place the groundwork of the planned elections, Christopher said. Due to the transitional nature of his current government, the President said he would not appoint a Prime Minister until after the elections, when he would be able to appoint one with the affirmation of the National Assembly.

Lastly, the President stated that his administration would "focus on strengthening the Noverian state, in both its values and goals, both at home and abroad, as to prepare the stage for the next administration to take the reins of power of the Republic. To all the political parties, in addition to wishing them well in the elections, he stated that the National Assembly would soon "put in place some rules and regulations in regards to the election", particularly campaign spending along with others, to ensure a "fair and smooth election" that would appropriate reflect the viewpoints and beliefs of the population as a whole.

The President's speech received considerable approval in the media. "President Christopher is duly a harbringer of democracy!" The Calgari Herald thundered. "Due to his valiant efforts, democracy had never been so promoted in such a fashion with such determination as it has been in the Republic!" The political parties stated they would adhere to such "rules and regulations"; Rodrigo Belga, founder and leader of the Conservative Party confirmed as such, and so did Libertarian Party leader Pasquale Bianchi. The other parties have yet to make their statements.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]New media conglomerate formed[/b]

CALGARI, Nova Coimbra - It had been announced that, following months of discussions, negotiations, and agreements, the CEOs of various media companies, corporations, and some conglomerates in Noveria, such as the Noverian Media Corporation, had agreed to merge their companies and corporations - large and small - into a new media conglomerate formally known as NovCorp.

The resources, equipment, capital, assets, and stocks owned by the individual corporations/companies, such as TV broadcast systems like the Ursalian Broadcasting Corporation, Rio Grande do Leste Communication Networks, and CityTv, along with others; TV networks such as NovWest, Vicente Communications and Vini Entertainment; radio companies such as Television Ursalia and Sky Service; and newspapers at the local, provincial, and national level such as the Calgari Times, Ursalia Times, The Daily Courier, Vancouver Daily News, Edmonton Sun, and Calgari Herald, along with others, will come under the exclusive control and ownership of NovCorp.

The same goes for the Internet corporation, DiNet, which is the largest Internet service provider in the country, and its affiliated networks; they will come under the control and ownership of NovCorp. Furthermore, various smaller Internet service providers; electronic companies such as Eletro-Seguro, and Anti-Eletronicos S.A.; cable companies; digital TV companies; tabloid companies; publishing companies; magazine publication companies; their associated networks; and private affiliate stations had agreed to merge with NovCorp.

NovCorp and its affiliates will be led by a Board of Executives, which will report to the the Director of Public Relations in the Noveria Development Council. The rules and regulations of the old individual companies will apply to NovCorp as a whole, for now, although several new regulations will be introduced regarding the conduct of reporters inside the country.

For starters, any reporter wanting to cover a story are required to apply for a license from the local NovCorp office first. Foreign reporters are allowed to utilize media equipment, such as a camera or camera crew, in the Republic of Noveria only with the explicit consent of the local NovCorp office. Lastly, news, videos, and stories are required to be submitted to the local NovCorp office first for approval before publication. Through this, reporters publishing in the Republic of Noveria must sign a legally-binding charter with NovCorp, indicating their acceptance of the rules and regulations, and to acknowledge that "failure to constantly follow such policies are grounds for expulsion from the Republic of Noveria."

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

It was late at night, and the President and several officials from Elanus Risk Control Services were holding a secret meeting in the top-secret press conference room deep in the Presidential Palace located off the coast of Nadrink.

They were discussing something. Someone.

"So, what do we do with the former Imperator?" Julius Garrus, the head and CEO of Elanus, inquired. The others nodded, looking at the President inquiringly.

President J. Thomas Christopher rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he surveyed the assembled officials seated before him, remaining silent.

Finally, he spoke: "I myself have some ideas. But first, let us hear your suggestions." He gestured at Matthew Shephard, who was sitting next to Garrus.

"Well." Shepard cleared his throat as he looked at the President, Garrus, Ashley Williams, and Kaidan Wrex before continuing on. "There are several options: indefinite incarcination, deportation from the country, or assassination."

"Assassination?" Ashley spoke up, her eyebrows raising a bit.

"I'm getting to that, Ashley." Shepard snapped before continuing on. "We could continue to keep Norton under house arrest for as long as possible, but there's the risk that somehow somebody would find out and try to break him out of there. This is one risk we cannot afford to ignore. Secondly, we could deport him from the country, but this alone would raise too many questions and attracted unwanted questions--"

"And not to mention, it would place the entire foundations of the Republic in doubt, and Norton would expose us all." Wrex interjected in a gruff voice.

"Right, what Wrex here said." Shepard said as he looked over at Wrex. "Not an option we would seriously consider, actually, but an option nevertheless. Lastly, we could...dispatch him. It would be done in secret, nobody would know." A frown crossed Ashley's face at this.

President Christopher sighed as he mulled over the last part. "For all the actions I had undertaken against him as of recently," He paused for a moment, remembering the enraged expression on Norton's face when the President secretly visited the ex-Imperator at his place of exile. "I still consider Norton my friend...well, as muhc a friend as can be, and as such I'm not comfortable with the idea of assassinating him."

"We cant eliminate the former Imperator for obvious reasons," Ashley spoke up. "And neither can we deport him to another country, so the obvious solution is to keep him under house arrest indefinitely." The President nodded.

"Exactly what I had in mind." He spoke up. "But can we really keep him all bottled up in such an...prominent place near such a large city?" He asked, referring to the former Imperator's residence, which was located near Hanshan.

"If we move him to a undisclosed location, and one that would not be too obvious and one that would active discourage escapes, yes we can." Wrex replied.

"But where? And we do have to keep this a secret from the people, you know." Shepard pointed out. Wrex let out a chuckle. "You're forgettin' that Norton's in our custody, and our staff are keeping watch on him at all times. And aint no way the news's getting out about this."

"He's right." Garrus spoke up with a soft smile before Shepard could retort. "If I need to remind you anything, it's that the formation of NovCorp as the largest media conglomerate in the country would serve our purposes rather well. Any unwanted news gets blotted out. The people won't get one peep about the former Imperator's relocation."

"So...indefinite house arrest. We all in favor?" Ashley inquired. Everyone nodded except Shepard.

"Suppose we agree to this, where exactly can we put the ex-Imperator in? I'm sure the major cities like Calgari would be a wonderful place to put him in, where everyone would be aware of his presence." Shepard said sarcastically. The President chuckled.

"Good question. I'm thinking we could place him somewhere near a small town in the Columbinan wilderness." A small eebate ensued for some time before everyone agreed on a place.

"To reiterate, Norton is to be placed under protective custody near the town of Smithers." The President said as he grabbed a pointer, signalled an aide to bring over a map of Columbina, and pointed to a town located right next to Babine Mountains Provincial Park. Upon receiving everyone's nods of confirmation, the President smiled.

"Wonderful. It is resolved, then."

===

Hours after the meeting, the ex-Imperator would be escorted, under heavy Elanus guard, into an Elanus-chartered SUV with bulletproof, darkened windows, and driven to a private runaway a short distance away. He would then be flown all the way to a private airfield located near Sipatau, where he would be hustled into a waiting SUV and driven all the way to his new place of exile, a journey that would span hundreds of miles through the wilderness and take a couple of days. Upon arrival, Norton would be escorted into a special resort built near Smithers that would be manned by heavily-armed and heavily-armored Elanus troopers, as well other security precaution measures. A small military base with several platoons of the 37th Division of the Fourth Army would be stationed nearby for added security if needed.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

Having exiled the former Imperator to the vast nothingness of northern Columbina, jumpstarted the process of democracy in the Republic of Noveria, and established a media empire, the President proceeded to consolidate his republic by expanding the role and powers of Elanus Risk Control Services in the government and republic.

Thus, he issued [b]Presidential Directive No. 2[/b]:

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b][size="3"]Presidential Directive No. 2:[/size][/b][/center]

[b]Subject: Security
To: CEO of Elanus Risk Control Services; Noveria Development Council; Mafia bosses[/b] [[i]list of names attached[/i]]; [b]private security organizations[/b] [[i]list of names attached[/i]]
[b]From: J. Thomas Christopher, President of the Republic of Noveria

TOP-SECRET[/b]

In the interests of consolidating and enhancing security within the Republic of Noveria, Elanus Risk Control Services, private security organization, is to be elevated to a national security organization similiar to that of a Praetorian Guard.

Elanus Risk Control Services is to establish a Central Administrative Office, which will consist of individual Offices, and of which each will be headed by an Administrator. Each Office will have specific roles and responsibilities such as:

- Office of the Protection of the President
- Office of the Protection of the Prime Minister
- Office of the Protection of the Board of Directors
- Office of the Protection of the Board of Corporations
- Office of the Protection of Mayors and Governors
- Office of the Protection of Deputies of National Assembly
- Office of the Protection of Assigned Officials
- Office of the Protection of Government Buildings and Institutions

Each Office will report to the High Administrator, who in turn will report to the Chairman of the Noveria Development Council through the Board of Executives of Elanus Risk Control Services. Each Office will be tasked with providing protection of specific persons and institutions.

In addition to safeguarding aforementioned specific persons and institutions, Elanus Risk Control Services is tasked with planning, assigning, and coordinating security responsibilities; searching vehicles/aircrafts/vessels, and providing transportation; and serving as auxiliary police under certain circumstances. It is to cooperate with Noverian Law Enforcement, the Mafia, and other specific individuals and organizations as required.

Finally, all private security organizations are to merge with Elanus Risk Control Services in the interests of streamlining security procedures necessary for the execution of Elanus Risk Control Services' responsibilities. Elanus Risk Control Services shall retain the right to produce, distribute, and license the production of assorted weaponry, equipment, and supplies. Private security personnel not currently employed by the included private security organizations are exempt, although these employed by other entities that are affiliated with the aforementioned security organizations shall be included.

Elanus Risk Control Services is to establish, expand, and maintain branches in major cities, towns, and whenever applicable, villages, across the Republic of Noveria. Elanus Risk Control Services, along with the Central Administrative Office and its Offices, shall be headquartered in Nadrink, Distretto Federal.

Signed,
[img]http://i.imgur.com/qkvvHl.jpg[/img][/font][/quote]

The President promulgated another Directive:

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b][size="3"]Presidential Directive No. 3[/size][/b][/center]

[b]Subject: Role of Military in regards to Presidential Directive No. 2
To: Julius Thrawn, Military Executor
From: J. Thomas Christopher, President of the Republic of Noveria

TOP-SECRET[/b]

In accordance to the instructions put further in Presidential Directive No. 2 [[i]see attached[/i]], the Noverian Defense Forces (NDF) is to play a role in the protection of members of the Government of the Republic of Noveria, particularly the President and Prime Minister.

All troops, personnel, resources, equipment, supplies, and weaponry of the Tenth Division is to be formally detached from the Noverian Army and formed into the Noveria Republican Guard (NRG). All Divisions following the Tenth Division are to be renumbered.

The Noveria Republican Guard is tasked with providing protection for the President and his family, for the Prime Minister and his family, for other members of the Noveria Development Council and their families, for National Assembly Delegates and their families, for diplomats and their families, for Supreme Tribunal Justices and their families, and individuals designated by the President as protected persons. It is also tasked with guarding all government buildings and institutions within the Distretto Federal, including but not limited to the Presidential Palace, the National Assembly building and the Supreme Tribunal building. The Noveria Republican Guard shall defend these aforementioned buildings, along with the entirety of the capital and Distretto Federal, with the Noverian Defense Forces in wartime.

The Noveria Republican Guard shall be responsible for maintaining law and order in the Capital of Nadrink as well the Distretto Federal area, and it is to cooperate with Noveria Law Enforcement in maintaining such law and order in the capital. The Noverian Republican Guard is also to cooperate with Elanus Risk Control Services in executing its duties.

Lastly, the Noveria Republican Guard shall represent the Republic of Noveria in international events abroad, and shall receive foreign representatives or dignitaries at home.

Signed,

Edited by JEDCJT

[u][b]PUBLIC NEWS:[/b][/u]

[b]Green Peace protests held[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Abbotsford, Columbina[/b] - A group calling itself the Green Peace held a demonstration in the city of Abbotsford, in southern Columbina near the border. They put forth, among several of their demands, a proposition for the Federal Government to create a new national day, Bob Day. The reason for this, protest leader Albert Erain stated to a NovCorp news reporter in Abbotsford, was to "remind our citizen to appreciate their environment." "We have been taking the environment for granted in recent years, and the environment had degraded to such an extent that if we dont do something about it, the entire nation and the world would be negatively affected." Several Green Peace and other similiar protests were held in Nadrink, Juneau, Calgari, and Regina.

Along with the bill submitted in the National Assembly by pro-environment Delegate, Jean Portamelieu, that would call for "increased action against global warming", the Green Peace protests seem to indicate the growing pro-environment sentiment among some people.

In response, President J. Thomas Christopher gave a speech regarding the protests in Nadrink. To a crowd in front of the National Assembly building, the President stated that although the goals and intentions of the Green Peace organization were "commendable and honorable", he stated that the environment had been taking fairly high precedence since the days of Viniland, and it wasn't in such an "endangered condition that necessiates government intervention." He urged citizens not to concern themselves too much about the environment, stating that "work must come first before concerns over the environment."

The speech seemed to reflect the sentiments of most of the population, for the President's approval ratings had increased considerably overnight. The Labor and Monarchist parties, however, voiced their disapproval at the President's speech. "President Christopher is generally saying that we should disregard the environment for the sake of work, neglecting the beautiful environment so we could turn over a profit." Labor Party leader Geno Inacio stated in Calgari. Environment groups criticized the President, stating that "his ignorance of the environment has degraded to such an extent that he is willing to further endanger it for the sake of business!"

OOC: IG event :v:

[b]Preservation Decree repealed[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - The National Assembly voted 102-32, with 6 abstentions, to repeal the Preservation Decree, officially known as the Decree on the Preservation of Stability under Certain Circumstances.

Under the Decree, issued by the former Imperator under the Imperial regime, public actions (such as "act of protest or demonstration") that would incit public violence "under certain circumstances" were prohibited, and the government and police were permitted to utilize whatever "means and resources at their disposal" to deal with the situation "the way they see fit."

The Decree, according to political analysts, effectively transformed the country into a dictatorship and allowed the government to maintain its hold on power by interpreting the vague provisions of the Decree as to brand any public acts, even peaceful, as 'violent acts' -- similiar to the way the apartheid government in South Africa utilized the Suppression of Communism Act, during the apartheid era, to persecute anyone it labeled a 'Communist'. This effectively undermined the ideal of the freedom of peaceful assembly, and now its repeal would restore the degree of freedom of the press that have not been seen since the days of Viniland, and admittably, the first Ursalia.

The Preservation Decree had been used by the federal government in the days immediately following the establishment of the Noverian Republic as a temporary means of maintaining law and order in the transitional period. Now, it is no longer needed for such a purpose because the new Republic has firmly established itself in power. "Indeed, the only reason the Decree was promulgated was because the previous government of that time overestimated the potential dangers of a peaceful protest than the peaceful nature of said protest, and took unconstitutional means that undermined the freedoms guaranteed by the constitution." Political reporter Aaron Vargas stated in Calgari, of which he was supported by Gerald Vini in Hanshan.

The Libertarian and Democratic parties praised this move. Bento Garibaldi, in fact, called it the proverbial 1989 in the sense that the Decree had been similiar to the Berlin Wall because it kept the freedom of the people contained, and that its repeal was akin to the collapse of said Wall, one of which the people finally regained the freedom that they had been denied for so long. In turn, Libertarian Party leader Pasquale Bianchi praised the federal government for "undertaking the initiative to assure and guarantee the civil rights and liberties of Noverian citizens."

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Country's 'interim' legislative system coming under increasing criticism[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Nanaimo, Alta Vancavite[/b] - The Republic of Noveria is best described as a "dysfunctional republic." It officially has a Presidential republic, and yet it has a semi-presidential system. It officially has a representative system, and yet critics have pointed out that all segments of the population are not represented adequately.

The timing of the publication of Leonard Nome's essay regarding the system of government and its administrative structure during a national election can be considered as coincidental or a godsend. In his writing, Nome - Professor of Political Science at the Royal University of Viniland - pointed out that the National Assembly, currently modeled after the defunct Imperial Senate, "only provides representation to electoral districts within the provinces" and not to "the provinces and the people as a whole."

"The entire system was designed by a government dedicated to nonpartisan democracy, that is, a system of government of which political parties didn't exist." Nome writes. "Through such, the Imperial Senate was meant to provide an illusion of democracy in what was evident a highly-authoritarian dictatorship led by the Imperial Ruling Council." It was, to a extent, a rubber-stamp that only had one purpose only: to show to the world that the Holy Empire was a legitimate democracy, of which it actually didn't."

Now, with the establishment of a new republic, the current design of the National Assembly is not only outdated, but unsufficient to adequately provide a political voice to the Noverian population and government as a whole. "What the next administration should undertake in regards to this, to resolve the present inconsistency," Nome continues, "is to transform the National Assembly into an upper house that would represent the provinces." In turn, the lower house should be formed, where it would draw its members in proportion to the population of the provinces.

Overall, Nome proposed the formation of a Parliament that would encompass both aforementioned houses. "We have a Prime Minister, and as such a Parliament would be a necessity, and this composition would better reflect the Republic of Noveria's network as a semi-presidential republic." The essay, titled "Dysfunctional?: Noveria's Government", received considerable approval as well disapproval from leading academic circles in colleges, universities, and some political circles across Noveria.

[b]New Prime Minister appointed[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - President J. Thomas Christopher announced his official choice for the appointment of a Prime Minister in a televised speech to the nation today.

"It is with pleasure and formality that I hereby appoint Pasquale Bianchi as the first Prime Minister of the Republic of Noveria." President Christopher announced to a crowd of flashing cameras, clamoring news reporters and journalists, video crews, and cheering crowds in front of the National Assembly building in the capital.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wrB57.jpg[/IMG]
[i]Pasquale Bianchi, Noveria's newest Prime Minister[/i]

The choice, which was confirmed by a 117-8 vote of approval (with 15 abstentions) in the National Assembly, was greeted with widespread support, particularly the Libertarian Party, which Bianchi leads. In Edmonton, Calgari, and Cervo, large crowds were reported by NovCorp News to be amassing on the streets, "cheering their hearts and souls out." Even outside the Libertarian stronghold of Nova Coimbra, public support for Bianchi are fairly considerable.

Bianchi himself was "truly honored and touched" by the news. "I must say that I am honored." A glowing Bianchi stated in a speech in Calgari. "As in Viniland, I will strive my best to uphold the Constitution, to safeguard the Noverian Republic's ideals, norms, and value, and to promote Noveria's interests around the world."

However, others felt uneasy at the President's appointment of a Libertarian Party leader as the head of the government, despite the fact that the Martensist Party has basically the same level of popular support as the Libertarian Party. Rumors and accusations of bias, bribery, and even outright fraud are circulating - although they remain unverified. However, the leaders of the other political parties, including Wilfur Balducci himself, congratulated Bianchi on his appointment. "I extend my congratulations to Mr. Bianchi, and wish him best in his newfound responsibilities as Prime Minister.

According to political analysts, there are high expectations that deregulation will be on the top of the Libertarian Party's agenda, although they admitted that it remains to be seen of how the Martensist Party and other parties will cooperate with the Libertarians in the coalition government. Given the opposite views and beliefs of the Libertarian and Martensist parties, political strife is almost a given -- although they hoped it wouldn't be the case.

Pasquale Bianchi is very well-known in Noveria. For a time, he served as the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Viniland, becoming the first Libertarian candidate to win the Vinilandese federal elections, where the country saw deregulation and related changes that saw both positive and negative changes. The growing public consensus is that the President appointed Bianchi as PM because Bianchi would serve as a familiar face of a relatively new government.

[b]Border with Austrian Commonwealth Protectorate reopened once again[/b]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YL7TD.jpg[/IMG]
[i]John Rafael, Director of the Noverian Border Commission[/i]

[b]NovCorp News: Vancouver, Columbina:[/b] John Rafael, Director of the Noverian Border Commission (NDC), announced in a special announcement that, following the normalization of relations with the Republic of Austria, procedures at the border between the Republic of Noveria and its protectorates, and the Austrian Commonwealth Protectorate, had "undergone review and modified accordingly."

This meant, in practical terms, the re-opening of the borders between Noveria and Austria's protectorate. Whereas entry into the former Holy Empire of Ursalia, and the Republic of Noveria, had been limited to anyone possessing valid entry and exit visas for business purposes for up to three months, anyone can now enter and leave Noveria for any purpose. Similiarly, the maritime borders would be re-opened also.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0SemY.jpg[/IMG]
[i]A border crossing at Suma, Columbina, near the City of Abbotsford[/i]

The duration of such visas remain the same; anyone possessing an Entry Visa Card issued by the Noverian Border Commission are legally allowed to enter and to remain in the Republic of Noveria for a total of ninety days, with possible renewal for another ninety days, unless they apply for Noverian citizenship, of which they shall be issued a Noverian Passport entitling them to remain in Noveria as citizens for an indefinite period of time, and with full responsibilities and duties; or a residency permit, of which they shall be issued a Residency Card entitling them to reside in Noveria for an indefinite period of time even if they are not citizens.

As Rafael made it clear, anyone possessing a Residency Card, in exchange for remaining in Noveria for an indeterminable period of time, cannot participate in federal, provincial, and municipal elections, run for elected office, join the Noveria Defense Forces, or hold Noverian passports. He or she, however, can apply for Noverian citizenship after five years of living in Noveria, when the Residency Card expires and they have the option of either renewing the Residency Card for another five years or apply for a Noverian Passport.

The exemption of Austrian government officials from the regulations, and the prohibition of non-allied (nations not holding a MDP and higher with Noveria) military personnel and troops shall remain the same, unless stated otherwise.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Noveria's newest protectorate undergoes modification[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Denver, Colorado:[/b] Director of Interior Isaac Rodriguez announced in a speech in the capital today that the Directorate of the Interior had promulagated a resolution modifying Noveria's newest protectorate in the American Southwest, as well as its current one in the American West Protectorate.

Firstly, the territory of Colorado would be transferred to the American West Protectorate, where it would formally come under control, administration, and responsibility of its namesake Corporation. In turn, the American West Protectorate would be formally renamed the Jefferson Protectorate, and its administrative seat relocated to the City of Denver.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aWxdj.png[/IMG]
[i]The Jefferson Protectorate[/i]

Secondly and lastly, the territories of northern California, central Nevada, and central Utah - known as Noverian California, Nevada, and Utah respectively - would be formed into the Tahoe Protectorate. The Tahoe Protectorate Corporation has been formed; headquartered in Cruachan (Sacramento), the Corporation will be responsible for administering the protectorate on the same basis as that in the Jefferson and Yukon protectorates.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hTNqW.png[/IMG]
[i]The Tahoe Protectorate[/i]

Rodriguez reiterated that the Jefferson and Tahoe protectorates "are entities separate from the Republic of Noveria in international affairs, and yet will be considered as a part of Noveria itself in domestic affairs to such an extent that any outside aggression by hostile forces by any part of them would, in fact, be treated as such against Noveria itself, and responded to such accordingly."

Political commentators have pointed out the interesting choice of names for the protectorates. The Tahoe Protectorate (along with its administrative center being in Cruachan) was named after the former Tahoe Republic, down to the very location of its administrative seat in Cruachan, which used to rule over the sprawling Tahoan empire. The Jefferson Protectorate, in turn, was named after a little-known country, the Republic of Jefferson, which was invaded and annexed by the Tahoe Republic.

[b]Constitution amended: new Article added[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - The Constitution of the Republic of Noveria has undergone a form of modification as the National Assembly, after a long debate, voted by a razor-thin margin four-fourths majority to add a new Amendment that would specify the exact workings of the legislature -- as well to change the word, 'unicameral' in Article Six to 'tricameral'.

The article, to be codified as 'Article Seven', goes as follows:

[quote][font="Courier New"]Persuant to Article Six, the National Assembly of the Republic of Noveria shall consist of three institutions, to be referred henceforth as the Chamber of Deputies, the Senate, and the Corporate Assembly.

The Chamber of Deputies, which shall serve as the lower house, represents the People. It shall have the power to initiate budgetary and monetary bills and resolutions; to submit and amend bills and resolutions; to pass a vote of no-confidence and a vote of confidence against a sitting Prime Minister; to propose amendments to the Constitution; and to ratify the final results of the process of impeachment, of which may be initiated by the Corporate Assembly. The Chamber of Deputies shall receive its representatives through direct election through a first-past-the-post proportional voting system.

The Senate, which shall serve as the upper house, represents the Provinces. It shall have the power to approve or to reject constitutional amendments as made by the Chamber of Deputies; to try the sitting Prime Minister in a trial of jury through the process of impeachment, of which may be initiated by the Corporate Assembly; and to submit and amend bills and resolutions. The Senate shall receive its representatives through direct election of one Senator by every Electoral District in the Republic of Noveria, and two representatives appointed by the Provisional legislature.

The Corporate Assembly, which shall serve as the medial house, represents the corporations. It shall have the power to approve or to veto bills and resolutions passed by the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate, of which are required to receive assent from the Corporate Assembly before being passed on to the sitting Prime Minister for signature; and to initiate the process of impeachment against the sitting Prime Minister, of which the Senate shall try and the Chamber of Deputies shall ratify. The Corporate Assembly shall receive its representatives through the appointment of a representative by a sitting chief executive officer (CEO) of a corporation represented in the Board of Corporations in the Noveria Development Council.

The three houses of the National Assembly shall have the power of oversight over the other. The Chamber of Deputies shall have the power of oversight over the Senate and the Corporate Assembly; the Senate over the Chamber of Deputies and the Corporate Assembly; and the Corporate Assembly over the National Assembly and the Senate.[/font][/quote]
As a lower house, the Chamber of Deputies will have a total of 285 seats, of which one representative shall represent 130,000 citizens. The Senate, being the upper house, will have a total of 80 seats. Lastly, the Corporate Assembly, being the medial house, will have a total of 25 seats. In all, the National Assembly will consist of 390 members total.

In the Chamber of Deputies, the political parties' seats will be approportioned according to the election results posted by the Noverian Election Commission.

[quote][font="Courier New"][u]Political party/percent of votes/number of seats:[/u]

Libertarian Party/28%/80
Martensist Party/27.9%/79
People's Republican Party/14%/40
Conservative Party/14%/40
Labor Party/10%/29
Monarchist Party/5%/14
Democratic Party/1%/3[/font][/quote]
The new Deputies will take their seats shortly, before Prime Minister Pasquale Bianchi formally assumes office. The newly-appointed Prime Minister, upon taking office, will be expected to form a new Cabinet to consist of members from both the Libertarian and Martensist parties.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Bianchi inaugurated in as Prime Minister, new government formed[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - Newly-appointed Prime Minister Pasquale Bianchi was formally inaugurated into office as he took the oath of office in front of over 500,000 citizens that were crowded in front of the Palacio Columbina (Columbina Palace), the Noverian equivalent of 10 Downing Street in Britain.

Addressing wildly-cheering crowds of supporters, Bianchi stated that a "new age had dawned in the history of Noveria, one that had not descended over the nation and its people since the days of Viniland." He reiterated his earlier promise to protect and defend Noveria's ideals, values, and sovereignty; he also indicated his commitment to "lasting peace in North America and the rest of the world."

Bianchi apparently had overwhelming public support from both the people and the President himself: as soon he was finished hosting luncheons with other Noverian dignitaries and politicians, Bianchi went to work in forming a new Cabinet - which he actually pulled off by the very next day with the approval of the President, publishing the new composition of the new government, now known as the National Government:

[quote]Director of Foreign Affairs: Nadilso Amorim
Director of Defense: Daniele Favaloro
Director of Finance: Benito Zappa
Director of Justice: Julian Storace
Director of the Interior: Francisco Scaramanga
Director of Industry: Allen Ferrari
Director of Communications: Luigi Romano
Director of Health: Joseph Schmidt
Director of Public Relations: Arthur "Fonz" Fonzarelli
Director of Transportation: Robert Schmid
Director of Agriculture: Maximilian Porto
Director of Commerce: Juan Turner
Director of Labor: Samantha Leighton
Director of Maritime Transport: William Rossi
Director of Science and Technology: Dilton Foley
Director of Energy: Jacqueline Russo
Director of Housing and Development: Acelin "Yawoo" Croix
Director of Social Services: Arthur Ellis
Director of Corrections: Richard "Jaws" Kiel[/quote]
With Bianchi's coalition government firmly in power, and the tricameral National Assembly staffed with their appropriate members, the new National Government was expected to proceed on charting a new course in the Republic of Noveria's history.

[b]Debate breaks out in National Assembly[/b]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4Go0E.jpg[/IMG]
[i]A session in the Chamber of Deputies in the National Assembly[/i]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - Political commentators and analysts had expected for some time that a political strife, or more like a disagreement, would break out in a coalition government of which two parties with the largest votes are all but opposed to each other in ideology.

They just didn't expect it sooner.

In one of the first sessions of the elected National Assembly, a debate broke out in the Chamber of Deputies when Prime Minister Pasquale Bianchi put forth a proposition calling for the reduction of various government regulations over the economy, particularly downsizing the Financial Directorate's oversight over the Noverian Internal Revenue Service (NIRS), modifying several laws that govern business and corporate transactions, and most particularly the plan that would "liberalize" the nation's vast oil and natural gas industry.

"Mr. Bianchi's proposition raises several major concerns," John Wulfe, a Martensist Party (MP) Deputy stated in a heated session. "Especially concerns regarding the possible risks that accompany economic deregulation or 'liberalization'". He, along with many other MP deputies, insisted that "increased government regulation - or at least maintaining government regulation the same level as it is - is the best course of action the Noverian Government can take at this time, especially when it come to ensuring the efficiency of government in regards to the economy. Only through such can the Republic of assured of economic stability.

Kenneth Lisboa, a Libertarian Deputy, rebuffed Wilfe's argument, pointing to government inefficency and corruption that are inherent in "controlled economies." Using the hypercentralized U.R.S.R. as a point, Lisboa stated that "less government regulation is actually more", explaining that the liberalization of specific government regulations would actually assure increased economic growth and prosperity because it would stimulate competition in the private sector of the economy. This in turn, would enable increased foreign investment, contribute to GDP growth, and enhance innovation that would be essential in assuring Noveria's economic growth.

The debate continues on, and is expected to continue for weeks, but it is the first time that political expression had been allowed in a long time, and it has been termed a "fresh of air" by several political talk show hosts.

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

With a popularly-elected legislature now in session, and thus having solidified the vision of democracy in the Noverian republic, the President felt confident to further the process of corporationalization of the country.

He issued [b]Presidential Directive No. 4:[/b]

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b][size="3"]Presidential Directive No. 4[/size][/b][/center]

[b]Subject: Noveria Development Corporation
To: Noveria Development Council; Noveria Defense Corporation; Mafia bosses[/b] [[i]list of names attached[/i]]; [b]Director of the Interior[/b] [[i]list of related government agencies and organizations attached[/i]]
[b]From: J. Thomas Christopher, President of the Republic of Noveria[/b]

[b]TOP-SECRET[/b]

In accordance to this Directive, to take effect immediately, the Noveria Development Council and the Noverian Defense Corporation shall merge to form the Noveria Development Corporation (abbreviated as N.D.C.).

The positions of Chairman of the Noveria Development Council and Chief Executive Officer of the Noveria Defense Corporation shall carry over and be merged into the position of Chairman of the N.D.C., with all their current powers and duties.

In accordance to the previous article, all positions within the Noveria Development Council [[i]list of names and positions attached[/i]] and the Board of Directors of the Noveria Defense Corporation shall merge to form the Executive Board [[i]list of names and positions attached[/i]], of which shall report to the Chairman of the Noveria Development Corporation.

In accordance to the Constitution of the Republic of Noveria, the Chairman of the N.D.C. shall not have jurisdiction over the Cabinet within the N.D.C., except in the approval or rejection of the Prime Minister's propositions of appointments in his or function as President of the Republic of Noveria.

Moreover, all corporations and companies [list attached] affiliated with the Noveria Defense Corporation shall be formally incorporated into the Noveria Development Corporation as suborganizations. All capital, stock, funding, and resources of the Noveria Defense Corporation shall formally come under control of the Noveria Development Corporation.

Signed,

The President followed up with [b]Presidential Directive No. 5:[/b]

[quote][font="Courier New"][center][b][size="3"]Presidential Directive No. 5[/size][/b][/center]

[b]Subject: Noveria Development Corporation
To: Executive Board of the Noveria Development Corporation
From: J. Thomas Christopher, President of the Republic of Noveria[/b]

[b]TOP-SECRET[/b]

To be read out to the Executive Board [[i]list of names and positions attached[/i]] and implemented as soon as possible;

Pursuant to Presidential Directive No. 4, to ensure internal security of the Noveria Development Corporation, the Internal Affairs Bureau (I.A.B.) shall be formed.

The I.A.B. shall be formally responsible for enforcement, security, investigation, customs, cyber security, and special response in all N.D.C. buildings, installations, and facilities.

The I.A.B. shall be headed by the Office of the Executor, and shall be administratively and operationally separate from the Directorate of the Interior, Noverian Law Enforcement, Elanus Risk Control Services, the Noveria Republican Guard, and the Noveria Defense Forces; and shall have separate jurisdiction from these aforementioned agencies and organizations.

The Executor shall report directly to the Chairman of the N.D.C. and to the Executive Board. The Chairman shall have the power to appoint and dismiss the Executor with the approval of the Executive Board.

Recruitment to the I.A.B. shall follow appropriate procedures standard in other organizations in the Federal Government of the Republic of Noveria [[i]see attachment[/i]]. The I.A.B. is to have a full-time personnel of 3,000, and part-time personnel of 7,000.

Signed,

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]Economic Deregulation Act signed into law[/b]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j1xHz.jpg[/IMG]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - The National Assembly passed its first law under Prime Minister Bianchi's coalition government, following weeks of intense debate. The [b]ECONOMIC DEREGULATION ACT[/b] (abbreviated E.D.A.) was passed with nearly-universal support from the Libertarian Party, a comfortable majority of the Conservative Party, and most of the Democratic Party, despite considerable opposition from the Martensist Party, People's Republican Party, and part of the Labor Party. Out of the all political parties, the Monarchist Party was the only one to issue the most abstention votes, although several of its Deputies were divided between the two opposing 'blocs'.

Modified by the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate, approved by the Corporate Assembly and signed into law by Prime Minister Pasquale Bianchi, the Economic Deregulation Act repealed all minimum wage laws at the federal level and granted increased power to the provinces and localities regarding the minimum wage; instituted the "frameworks of a guaranteed minimum income system"; downsized the Noverian Internal Revenue Service by disbanding its Large Business and International Division; repealed or relaxed corporate regulations concerning employment, environmental protection, and public and private property; detached the social security system, known as [i]Previdência Sociale[/i], from the Directorate of the Interior to form an independent government agency called the [i]Sociale Agência de Segurança[/i] (Social Security Agency); and laid out the basis of "liberalizing the oil and natural gas industry."

The Economic Deregulation Act, naturally, garnered the strongest criticism from the Martensist Party, and to a large extent the People's Republican Party, with the Labor Party being mixed in its viewpoint toward the Act. Martensist Party leader Wilfur Balducci voiced "great concern" about the increasing trend of "deregulation" and its potential to "unleash a torrential wave that would drown the Noverian state in the sea of disorder." The Libertarian Party demurred, stating that the E.D.A. represented the "first steps toward a laissez-faire economy", one of which would lead the way to "increased economic prosperity." This was backed up by the Conservative Party, which although admitting that the Act didn't go as far as it had hoped, stated that the E.D.A. was a "push in the right direction."

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aHzQ1.jpg[/IMG]
[i]A young Martensist deputy speaks out against the E.D.A. in a session of the Chamber of Deputies.[/i]

Prime Minister Bianchi, which exercised a tie-breaking vote in favor of the Libertarian Party and subsequently came under criticism from the Martensist Party, agreed with his party and the Conservative Party, stating that the time had now come for Noveria to improve efficiency in regards to the economy, and that he would "perform his best" to assure economic prosperity for Noveria the same way he had done to Viniland.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FXiPo.jpg[/IMG]
[i]Prime Minister Bianchi is mobbed by the press.[/i]

Pro-Martensist and Labor political experts, however, are skeptical about the Prime Minister's statements, saying that it would be "too premature and too preemptive to make such unsupported claims." They voiced concerns that liberalization in the economy would lead to liberalization of other public spheres like health care, despite the Libertarians' intentions to maintain a 'hybrid' (both public and private) system. Perhaps more dramatically, Conservative Party deputy Julian Kleine of Abbotsford, CO, stated that the bill helped to support the corporations in their takeover of the country.

Edited by JEDCJT

[b]New citizenship act passed and signed into law[/b]

[b]NovCorp News: Nadrink, Distretto Federal[/b] - Midst the intense debate in the Chamber of Deputies regarding the Economic Deregulation Act, another bill was proposed, debated, passed into law, and approved with comparatively little difficulty.

Under the [b]NOVERIAN CITIZENSHIP ACT[/b], a citizen of Noveria is defined as a person who was born to a Noverian father or mother, if both parents are married, and born to a Noverian mother, if parents are not married. A person who had received Vinilandese, Canuck, and Ursalian citizenship prior to July 17th, 20XX, shall be accorded automatic Noverian citizenship, provided that they show proof of documentation (e.g. Noverian Passport), do not possess a Residency Card, and currently reside within the borders of Noveria.

Accordingly, a child born to a Noverian parent(s) within the borders of Noveria shall be accorded automatic Noverian citizenship with full rights and responsibilities if the parent(s) possess a Noverian Passport, whereas the first generation of children born outside the borders of Noveria shall be accorded automatic Noverian citizenship. The second and subsequent generations of children - and children born outside Noveria to parents who are Noverian citizens by birth but not born in Noveria as well - shall receive Noverian citizenship if the parent move to Noveria and sponsor the children to receive a Residency Card from the Citizenship and Immigration Agency of the Directorate of the Interior, where he or she can apply for Noverian citizenship on behalf of the children.

The new Act also modified rules regarding Protectorate Citizenship, which are granted to persons currently living within the boundaries of Noveria's protectorates. The first generation of children born within Noveria's protectorates to a Noverian parent and a non-Noverian parent possessing a Protectorate Citizenship Card shall be accorded automatic Noverian citizenship, whereas the second and subsequent generations of children shall receive Noverian citizenship if the parents move to mainland Noveria and sponsor the children to receive a Residency Card from the Citizenship and Immigration Agency of the Directorate of the Interior, where he or she can apply for Noverian citizenship on behalf of the children. The same applies for children born to Noverian parents possessing a Noverian Passport who are travelling through Noveria's protectorates.

The Act altered rules regarding Permanent Residency (alas, a person(s) possessing a Residency Card). A person who is a permanent resident may apply for Noverian citizenship if he or she has lived in Noveria or its protectorates for seven years, is aged 18 or over, pose no danger to Noveria's internal and external security, has no criminal record, are mentally stable, show compliance with the Noverian rule of law, and demonstrate an understanding of the Portuguese, Italian, and English spoken and written language.

Non-citizens married to a Noverian citizen can apply for Noverian citizenship if he or she has lived in Noveria for five years, married for three years, pose no danger to Noveria's internal and external security, has no criminal record, are mentally stable, show compliance with the Noverian rule of law, and demonstrate an understanding of the Portuguese, Italian, and English spoken and written language.

Regarding adoptions, children and minors who are adopted by Noverian parents within or without Noverian borders shall be accorded automatic Noverian citizenship without the requirements of applying for a Residency Card. The Director of the Citizenship and Immigration Agency shall have the power to grant citizenship to adopted persons who are adopted after July 17th, 20XX, with certain conditions, with the approval of the Director of the Interior.

Under the Act, dual citizenship are not allowed, except through dual citizenship treaties negiotated and agreed by the Republic of Noveria. Noverian citizens currently living within Noverian borders possessing dual citizenship shall be required to dissolve their other citizenship immediately. Noverian citizens living outside Noverian borders and who acquire dual citizenship from nations not possessing a dual citizenship treaty with the Noverian republic, out of his or her free well, shall automatically be stripped of their Noverian citizenship.

Edited by JEDCJT