Officializing

supercheese

A man walked into his office. he set a folder down on his desk and walked back and forth across the room.
He reached for his phone and picked it up. He dialed the neccasary number to connect him to the governemnt.

After several rings
"Hello. I would like to set up a meeting. Yes, Yes. My name is corey wilson. Allright. Thank you."

He looked out his office window down into the streets of manila. It sure looked like it was going to be a great day.

[b]Phone Call[/b]
[i]Recorded to ensure quality of service.[/i]

"Good day Mr. Wilson, thank you for calling the Economic Division Bureau of Imports and Licensing. My name Elbio Altamirano, and it is my pleasure to assist you today."

"Of course, a meeting with a representative from the Bureau of Imports and Licensing may be arranged. If I may inquire as to the nature of the meeting?"

"Excellent, I will schedule a meeting with Christof Flórez for tomorrow at 10:00AM. He will be able to assist you with licensing and regulations to ensure your business complies with all Central and local government laws. If there is anything else I may help you with, please ask. If not, thank you for calling the Division Bureau of Imports and Licensing and enjoy the rest of your day."

"Hello Mr. Wilson," the secretary at the desk greeted him, "If you'll fill out the following paperwork, Mr." she glanced at her computer screen, "Flórez will be ready to meet with you as soon as you've finished." She handed Corey a clip board and a pen.

----------------------------------------------------------------

[size="4"]Division Bureau of Imports and Licensing[/size]
License for the Import and Maintenance of Restricted Commodities

1. Name:
2. City of Residence:
3. Nationality:

4. Organization:
5. City of Organization:
6. Home Country of Organization:
7. Countries with major branches outside of Home Country:
8. Position Within Organization:
9. Number of Persons Employed by Organization:
10. Anticipated Number of Persons Employed if Approved:
11. Nature of Business:

12. License is for: [ ] Personal Use / [ ] Business Use

13. Personal Criminal History:

14. Corporate Taxation History:
15. Corporate Criminal History:

16. Itemized List of Restricted Goods to be Imported, Stored or Used:

Edited by iKrolm

Division Bureau of Imports and Licensing
License for the Import and Maintenance of Restricted Commodities

1. Name: Corey Wilson
2. City of Residence: Manila
3. Nationality: Selenarctan

4. Organization: UNIT
5. City of Organization: Manila
6. Home Country of Organization: Selnarctos
7. Countries with major branches outside of Home Country: None
8. Position Within Organization: Head of econmomics and licensing
9. Number of Persons Employed by Organization: 20 (Leadership/Owners)
10. Anticipated Number of Persons Employed if Approved: 5-10,000
11. Nature of Business: humanitarian issues, Rebuilding aid, anti-terrorisim etc.

12. License is for: Weapon purchase and use / Personal Use None/ Business Use Anti terrorisim etc.

13. Personal Criminal History: None

14. Corporate Taxation History: None
15. Corporate Criminal History: None

16. Itemized List of Restricted Goods to be Imported, Stored or Used: none

Edited by supercheese

OOC: Selenarctan is the nationality, Filipino is the ethnicity; Selenarctan is fine.
IC:

The secretary fed the completed form through a scanner, then handed the paper copy back to Corey. "Mr. Flórez will meet with you now," she proceeded to direct him to the correct room.

Mr. Christof Flórez, a Filipino man in his mid forties awaited Corey in the designated room, Mr. Flórez's office. He rose when Corey entered, preforming a half-bow and offering a handshake. "Welcome Mr. Wilson, now lets see what we can do for you," he took the paper form and began reading. "So you wish to start a business that specializes in construction and counter-terrorism? Well, I can't say I've seen too many of those lately," he laughed, "usually I'd spend all day sorting through food and pharmaceutical import requests."

He went down the list, "A citizen of Selenarctos currently living in Manila, business will be based in Manila, may employ as many as 10,000 employees, all very good. No criminal history streamlines the process for approval. Hmm, the only part I'll have to deny right away is item 16: Selenarctan law prohibits the import or possession of chemical, nuclear and biological weapons without exception. Otherwise, it all looks reasonable and I'd say you've got a good chance of receiving final approval-balancing the spreadsheets after that is up to you.

"For reasons of public safety, all restricted military hardware you purchase must be tagged and excellent records kept of where the units are at all times. Strict control must be maintained over who you hire and who you issue equipment to. Not to suggest that you or any of your employees would turn around and sell weapons in the black market, but you can understand the concern.

"The Economic Division will regularly audit your records with considerably more care than, say, a company that manufactured soap, and I am required to inform you that falsification of records presented to the Central Government is a felony offense. This includes not only your financial records, but also your records of all restricted military equipment stored on or transported through Selenarctan soil.

"If you agree to the terms, I have the documents here for you sign," Flórez slid a thick stack of papers across his desk to Corey, "that will grant you preliminary approval to begin the acquisition of military hardware for your company. The processing fee may be billed to your company, and I also have the forms for that. Your preliminary approval will last for thirty days or until the final decision is made, though usually you'll have the approval forms in your mailbox within three weeks. You will be required to renew the license every year, and a breach of the terms of the license may result in the immediate revocation of said license. I suggest you take the forms with you, have your lawyer look them over, and bring them back once they're signed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, or," he handed Corey a business card, "call me anytime between eight and five."

Edited by iKrolm

OOC: Sorry i misread the part of bio nuke or chemical weapons. I did not want them.

IC: Corey and the rest of the head of UNIT looked threw the papers, along with a lawyer. After the lawyer finished explaining every detail the group agreed. The fourm was signed by corey and was brought back to the Bureau and handed in to the front desk.

Edited by supercheese

• 2 weeks later...

Corey sat at his desk looking at the official permits. This was a step in the right direction but the work was far from done. A call was made to the Selenarctan Strategic Defense Corporation. The permits did littel good without weapons. It was time to discuss on getting some. A second call was made to the Bank of Selenarctos, while the founding group had money and had since pooled it together things could go seriously wrong. Hopefully UNIT would be able to get some fundings from the bank.
First call
"Hello my name is corey wilson and im calling on behalf of UNIT. If its possible i would like to set up a meeting on the purchase of weapons."
Second call
"Hello my name is corey wilson and im calling on behalf of UNIT. I would like to arrange a meeting to discuss the possibility of fundings."

The first call was unsuccessful as Mr. Wilson was politely but regrettably and firmly informed of the Selenarctos Strategic Defense Corporation's long-standing moratorium against the sale of weapons to private companies and individuals.

The second call was significantly more successful, and after a background check, credit check, and signing over his soul to the Bank of Selenarctos should he fail to meet the terms of the loan (well, almost), Mr. Wilson left with a line of credit sufficient to expand his business.

Corey sat with the rest of the founders of UNIT. They had just discussed the last to calls. With the area of weapons there was more than one place to purchase them. While UNIT would of prefered the best they could still purchase weapons from a number of other smaller corperations and shops. The bank call had gone over smoothly. With almost everything set up financially and legally to start UNIT things were going over well. They would contact local gun shops and manufactures.

Weapons order to (whoever i can buy weapons from)
P229 DAK amount: 2000 costs: 1,400,000NSC (export price)
P229 DAK ammunition 13 round clips: 4000 costs: unknown
SG 551 SWAT amount: 625 costs: 686,875 (export costs)
SG 551 SWAT ammunition: 20 round clips:3125 costs: unkown
SG 550 assault amount: 625 costs: 686,875 (export costs)
SG 550 assault clips: 20 round clips:3125 costs: unknown
(May change when i find out costs)

After the order was sent out the group disscussed the position of there armory and training grounds. They would purchase some land outside of manila that had a radius of about 10 miles. They would call the local Manila government and discuss the purchase of this land. If the land was to be purchased it would be used to house the UNIT armory has well has the military command and training grounds. The call was made........

UNIT would also open a office for recruitment and record keeping. All purchased military equipment would go threw here to be recorded and branded with a code. All records will be updated immediately and forwarded to the appropriate government authorities. The office will also lead the aid section of the orginization. All donated/purchased aid equipment food or medicines etc. will be recorded/ packed into containers and be brought to a warehouse (guarded to prevent thievery).

Edited by supercheese