Ascent to the Throne

KingChris

Andrej Sokolov, the soon to be Alexis I, Successor of Peter and Vicar of Christ, was ordained deacon, priest, and bishop by Cardinal Dean Daniel DiNardo because of Sokolov's layman status. The Papal Inauguration will be held tomorrow in what was known as Caesarea Philippi.

OOC: My apologies for such a shabby start to an RP. Kind of busy today.

"Kyrie eleison," chanted the congregation at the beginning of the Litany of Saints in the Inaugural Mass of Alexis I. Sokolov, vested in Papal dress, processed up to the altar and sat in the presider's chair. The Cardinal Dean would preside until the Liturgy of the Eucharist. The Gospel contained Jesus' founding of the Church after Peter pledged loyalty to Him.

Following the Gospel, the Homily began. Excerpt of the homily:

The Church is alive – with these words, I greet with great joy and gratitude all of you gathered here, my venerable brother Cardinals and Bishops, my dear priests, deacons, Church workers, catechists. I greet you, men and women Religious, witnesses of the transfiguring presence of God. I greet you, members of the lay faithful, immersed in the great task of building up the Kingdom of God which spreads throughout the world, in every area of life. With great affection I also greet all those who have been reborn in the sacrament of Baptism but are not yet in full communion with us; and you, my brothers and sisters of the Jewish people, to whom we are joined by a great shared spiritual heritage, one rooted in God’s irrevocable promises. Finally, like a wave gathering force, my thoughts go out to all men and women of today, to believers and non-believers alike.

Sokolov thenreceived the Pallium and the Ring of the Fisherman. The Pallium was different, as it resembled those of the Orthodox Churches, except for the fact that is was red and gold, signifying his hope to unify the two churches. After this, each Cardinal knelt before him and swore loyalty to him. The Mass was then taken over by the new Pope Alexis I, Communion was given, and the world celebrated their new, orthodox-leaning leader.

Vatican Update:

The Haruhist Empire, along with all other new nations, have been officially recognized. However, The Haruhist head's "God-Empress" status will not be recognized, and she will only be referred to as Empress.

The 1st Military Division has been rescinded by Pope Alexis I. Meanwhile, the Order of St. John will assist the Pope in serving as security for him, but it will not be used for any peacekeeping efforts, war, etc.

Vatican Update:

The Haruhist Empire, along with all other new nations, have been officially recognized. However, The Haruhist head's "God-Empress" status will not be recognized, and she will only be referred to as Empress.

The 1st Military Division has been rescinded by Pope Alexis I. Meanwhile, the Order of St. John will assist the Pope in serving as security for him, but it will not be used for any peacekeeping efforts, war, etc.

"We would like to know why the Church needs to recognize nations."

The religious beliefs of the Vatican are not welcome within the Holy Imperium. Please advise your flock as such and shepherd them away from our land. The Inquisition already has its hands full for the nonce.

While we recognize the church as a political entity, we echo the sentiments of the Holy Imperium. As a nation of Haruhiist religion, we do not wish for missionaries, or catholic influence. As such, we will not recognize the divinity of the Pope, or his church as well. But the political recognition remains intact.

The Catholic Church of J Andres, which separated its ties from the Vatican long ago due after Pope Benedict XVI went into hiding. The J Andres catholic church will continue in its long tradition of recognizing Martin VI as the true Pope, and will recognize Alexis I only in his role of head of state.

We are deeply saddened that these countries refuse to allow our Church into their borders, but will accept these anyway since there isn't much it can do.

J Andres has reached out to the Vatican in the past, yet the leadership of the Catholic Church has a history of being unstable, with Popes warring for control of the Holy See. In the past we saw a way to stabilize this and this was to select a Pope from our own cardinals.

We will continue to recognize Alexis I as the legitimate government, however we have little reason to believe that the church under Alexis would be any different than what we have seen in the past.