Dispatch from the Maritime Republic of J Andres

J Andres

After giving THIS speech to the domestic media, President Richard Mercton, shook hands with the dignitaries on the stage, then proceeded to enter the Adrik Annan Governmental Centre. He quickly composed himself as he entered the Executive Offices. The room was plain, as construction only finished nearly a week prior, but there was a desk with the J Andres flag as a backdrop. The cameraman in the room told him that the television stations across the world were ready to pick up the feed. It would be his first address to the world as President of the nation, at least a nation that actually had defined borders.

He sat down at the desk.

"Good Evening," he began, "Since my predecessor's passing about two months ago, I have been faced with the difficult task of helping my nation mourn. This task has been difficult, because my nation, has no citizens. Although we are united by our Andrean heritage, my children look at a map to find J Andres, and they cannot. My oldest child started the first grade last month, and he tried to tell his teacher where he was from. Instead he was told that he does not live in Endor Cuidad. He was told that he does not live in J Andres. He was told that he will learn of these places in History class later. I am a New Englander, only because it says so on my passport. I am a New Englander, only by the ancient definition of this region of North America. I am not a New Englander, pledging my allegiance to a flag bearing a tree."

"I am a citizen of the Maritime Republic of J Andres. Just as my father was a founding figure for a close-knit community in 1981, and helped them on their path to independence as J Andres became a power on the eastern seaboard, I will do again. I have spoken to the Honorable President Kennedy, and he has agreed to give our great nation our independence. Although "Rhode Island" may have been a 'small' 1500 miles of land, this is my home, this is our home!"

TRANSMISSION ENDS

-----

The Maritime Republic has made a list of its Government Officials available to the public.

President: Richard Mercton

Monarch: King Josef I

Minister of War & Defense: Joel Brunel

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Mickey Bethesda

Minister of Domestic Affairs: Brian Wilfork

Minister of Energy: Vacant

Foreign Affairs Minister Mickey Bethesda welcomes any and all nations to open diplomatic missions with J Andres. For nations wishing to occupy an embassy in Endor Cuidad, you must agree with the provisions set forth by SPEED. Submit an application here with the following information, so it can be processed. The J Andres Foreign Ministry will automatically assume to send a diplomat to all nations submitting an application, unless otherwise stated.

Nation Name:

Current Head of State:

Other Relevant Government Heads:

Name of Ambassador sent to Endor Cuidad:

Edited by J Andres

"We will wait for official confirmation from New England before applying for an embassy, though we are fairtly confident it is. If it is, we congratulate J Andres on its re-emergence."

"We have already recognized them, in fact, we have given them independence."

OOC: See this thread, silly. :P

Edited by JEDCJT

"We have already recognized them, in fact, we have given them independence."

OOC: See this thread, silly. :P

OOC: Hey, don't blame me for all the threads...there have been so many lately that I can't always be up-to-date.

IC: With confirmation given, an application for an embassy was sent.

Nation Name: promised Land

Current Head of State: Subtleknifewielder

Other Relevant Government Heads: Administrator Richard Anderson

Name of Ambassador sent to Endor Cuidad: Wren Sherman