From the Death Star to Bastion

The Zigur

CONFIDENTIAL

TO THE IMPERIALS OF BASTION FROM IMPSOC

We are seeking communications with fellow Imperial Remnant forces. We are formally headquartered on Hoth and confirm our possession of four Imperial System Expeditionary Fleets along with a moon sized fortress battlestation (Death Star III) and ground forces. It is very far from Hoth to Bastion but we hope to establish long term ties and perhaps a formal Imperial Council.

Very Respectfully

Darth Kanaka (Jonah Kanahele)

Grand Moff of IMPSOC space

Edited by Tywin Lannister

While the Grand Admiral himself would be unable to attend, he would send Admiral Ardiff to Hoth to represent Bastion. In the interests of security, the Admiral would travel in a Harrower class cruiser, but would signal to the Hoth security forces of his peaceful intent, and would request to meet with the Grand Moff.

sw_battlefront6.jpg

A restored planetary Ion Cannon defends the Imperial Garrison on the surface.

Upon arriving at the Hoth system, Admiral Ardiff would find the system relatively quiet, with a single Imperial II class Star Destroyer in orbit above Hoth planet. A welcome message was immediately sent to Admiral Ardiff along traditional Imperial codes. Admiral Ardiff would be requested to join the Star Destroyer in orbit above the planet and journey to the surface, where the Rebel Base had been restored and improved, with a major Snowtrooper garrison on the surface. In fact, Admiral Ardiff would be welcomed at the exact same bunker that was the famous command location for the secret Rebel base.

The Admiral would receive the codes and meet up with the Star Destroyer, and then head down to the former Rebel base, finding it quite ironic that Imperial forces should hold such a historic meeting at the site of the Empire's greatest victory of the Rebels.

"Greetings Admiral Ardiff, we are pleased to receive our friends and fellow Imperials from Bastion. Come inside, we have much to discuss."

As they walked together through the frozen hallways of Echo Base, passing a handful of Snowtroopers attending to their duties, Grand Moff Kanahele continued to speak. He was six feet tall, broad-shouldered and dark skinned, and walked with an ease that suggested a sense of Irie. He was also force capable, briefly guided by Palpatine himself before the Emperor's untimely death. Despite his Sith affiliation, Kanahele seemed quite jovial and pleasurable to hang out with, much different than the portrayal offered by the Jedi media.

"I'm sure you have seen some of the recent broadcasts by IMPSOC on the holonet. A key part of our doctrine is the understanding that, in the recent past, Rebel forces have launched a successful PR campaign and turned much of the galaxy in favor of their so-called New Republic. The Emperor made alot of enemies, and these enemies are often wealthy and have a stake in disrupting the New Order. Thus in our opinion, projecting soft power is a key part of our strategic planning and is the primary purpose of the small garrison and formal headquarters here on Hoth. Projecting soft power will also allow us to hunt down Jedi more effectively, and thus end this nonsense."

Finally, both of them entered the command facility, and the Grand Moff offered his visitor a chair. Upon sitting down himself, Kanahele levitated a hemp-produced paper portfolio containing documents of activity on Mustafar and Bespin. 

"Haha, Palpatine showed me a few tricks back when we first showed up. Here, this is called coffee. It is one of the products native to our homeworld, and along with mass production of our "magic plants," they will make us very rich in short order. Now, take a look at the documents. We have several things I'd like to discuss. Right now, we have our hands tied investigating a possible insurgency independent of the Rebellion, but we are also interested in establishing formal ties with Bastion. Sadly we are very distant, but then again anchoring two opposite ends of the galaxy could prove advantageous in the long run. I'd like to hear your thoughts."

"As you no doubt know, the Government on Bastion comsiders itself to be the only true Imperial government, and we have no doubts that you consider yourselves to be the same. However, we must be pragmatic for the time being, and work on returning the Galaxy to the order and security that it once enjoyed.

I propose that we work to coordinate our actions against the Rebels, and agree to put our own differences aside for the time being"

"Well Admiral, I don't think we necessarily have any differences, considering a galaxy full of rebels between us, I'd say we are both simply major fragments of the same Imperial Government. We may have some slight difference in doctrine, but we are all humans, we are all still loyal Imperials. With Palpatine gone it just doesn't make sense to govern one end of the galaxy from another anymore, which is the real reason the Moff system was implemented: so the Empire could continue to function without an Emperor.

"So long as we work together to absorb systems and fragments back into the Empire, we can again rebuild the Empire and the death of Palpatine will simply be seen as a disruption of Imperial activity, not the end of the Empire. I think making Bastion the official Capital makes sense... but let's allow the Empire to better adapt to the local situations. I'm not going to lie, making a few changes to Imperial doctrine in our sector has dramatically improved our effectiveness."

"Indeed. There are some lessons to be learned from the Rebel Alliance, as they to we're consisting of small fragments of the former Galactic Republic. The Government on Bastion has already begun work on rebuilding the Empire in the Outer Rim. We are curious as to what your plans are for recreating the Empire in your area of space, and as to how we might assist each other."

"We are both on different ends of the fringes of the galaxy. This is advantageous, because it is hard to control rim territories from the center. In our area of the galaxy, we have a separatist insurgency and are trying to figure out if we can bring them into the Empire somehow... apparently 501st didn't finish the job in Mustafar. We need to start looking at other areas of galactic space, especially the Kuat Drive Yards and other shipyard systems which supply Imperial firepower. We need to contact the Chiss, who are near your neighborhood."

"Above all, we must show a united front and assist one another, even if only with token dispatchments, to gain mutual knowledge and experience in warfighting. Not a treaty, which presumes we are separate factions, but a unified Council of Moffs, one from each system, showing we are a unified force to the galaxy and a legitimate government like the Republic Senate."

"We would be open to a Council of Moffs as a provisional Imperial government. I would propose that it be structured as a loose confederacy for now.

As far as shipyards go, the Government on Bastion currently control the shipyards on Yaga Minor, and would be willing to help Hoth build up its fleet until you can gain control of an alternate supply."

Edited by Mr Director

"This is excellent news. We have a full sized fleet with significant repair facilities on the Death Star III, but obtaining replacement and maintenance parts is currently difficult. We would be pleased to finance the procurement of heavy equipment for starfighters and warships. Money is not an issue in this regard, but transporting the goods safely over such vast distances might be.

"I agree about a loose confederacy , and with distances so great, we can rely on hologram meetings for the time being. I trust you have a worthy Imperial Council chamber available for use on Bastion?"

"While it may not be as glamorous as the Chambers on Coruscant, we do have areas on Bastion that can be used in a similar capacity as the Imperial Chambers.

As far as shipping goods between Bastion and Hoth, I believe that with sufficient cooperation between our forces, security can be arranged for."