Zapadnaya and France

Shave N Haircut

To the Zapadnayan Foreign Ministry,

For too long Zapadnaya and France have had no dealings whatsoever, a condition unacceptable for two nations in such proximity to each other on the world stage. It is the wish of the French government to fix said problem for the better, with the establishment of relations between our two nations on any scale, large or small. It would be our greatest pride to send a delegation to your nation in order to speak of some sort of mutually beneficial treaty.

Signed,

Empress Jeanne de LaQueu

The following private message would be sent to France:

To: Foreign Ministry of France

Fr: Office of the Prime Minister of Zapadnaya

On behalf of the government of Zapadnaya, we acknowledge receipt of your message and hereby invite the government of France to send a delegation to Sofia at its earliest convenience.

-I. Grigorova

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

Sofia would have a small party, but the list of people that France could send had gotten rather underwhelming in importance, so they sent who they had. A young diplomat by the name of Aurelie, whose main job so far had been to open the door on cars for people far more important than her and who had gained quite a bit of experience in doing so, was put on the case.

She was, of course, quite nervous and could get no sleep on the plane, but it wasn't that long of a ride anyways, and besides, it was a daytime flight, so it's not like she lost anything either.

When she touched down she immediately dismounted from the plane, expecting to be greeted in some fashion.

The French delegation would be met at the airport by a small welcoming party and would be greeted by Zapadnaya’s Foreign Minister Ivo Draganov. After a brief welcome ceremony the French delegation would be transported to the Office of the Prime Minister. Once the delegation was ushered into a conference room in the building, they would be met by the Zapadnayan Prime Minister and one of her deputies.

[i]“May I once again welcome you to Zapadnaya. Additionally I would like to express my government’s appreciation of France’s return to the international stage.

I understand that the French government wishes to discuss the establishment of relations between our two countries. What precisely do you have in mind?”[/i] – Prime Minister Iskra Grigorova

"Trust me, we appreciate our return to the stage more than anyone else possibly could." the young diplomat said, laughing nervously as she took a seat and crossed her legs, unversed in the actual diplomacy side of dealing with VIPs, "As you well know, the French government isn't as surrounded by friendly nations as it was just a little while ago, so we're reaching out to a great deal of nations with a good deal of stability and ability to reach beyond their borders, and Zapadnaya was one of the main candidates."

"So, essentially what I'm here to offer is a great deal of military cooperation, should your nation be willing to reciprocate."

The Zapadnayan Prime Minister would make a few quick notes in a file in front of her before replying.

[i]“That sounds like quite an interesting proposal. Military cooperation is such a vague…and rather general term. Exactly what kind of cooperation does the French government envision? And how would such bilateral cooperation be able to overcome the issue of the significant distance between France and Zapadnaya?

Also, I must admit I’m somewhat curious, why make this overture now? If indeed France is surrounded by some less than friendly nations, is the purpose of this request to utilize our ‘ability to reach beyond our borders’ as a deterrent to those nations? Or is this an attempt to lay the foundation for a repeat of the pathetic and abysmal failure that was the EuroComm 'experiment'?"[/i]-PM Grigorova
Edited by Imperator Azenquor