The Republic of Labrador

ishabad98

labradorflag.gif

The People of Labrador were sick of the poor treatment which they were receiving from Newfoundland, They sent a petition to St.Johns and were granted independence. On the 1st of the New Year, they separated. Their temporary president for now was John O'Leary. They would get a government up and running along with a constitution and then hold elections. Now was the time. Forwards, Advance, Labrador.

Edited by ishabad

The People of Labrador were sick of the poor treatment which they were receiving from Newfoundland, They sent a petition to St.Johns and were granted independence. On the 1st of the New Year, they separated. Their temporary president for now was John O'Leary. They would get a government up and running along with a constitution and then hold elections. Now was the time. Forwards, Advance, Labrador.

"Tho we are saddened that we could not help as much as we could, I can't deny to my people, or anyone else, their rights and freedoms. Should they feel better with a new leader, then I must be the first to meet him. For the least I could do is to see how he will run things, and build trust with the people. From the will of the people, I would like to be the first to recognize your new land, and hope you the best of luck."

President of the Republic of Newfoundland -  Françoise Rode

ooc-

So everyone knows, this was somewhat planned already. 

Edited by Shadow hawk

Classified

To : The Office of the President of Newfoundland

We invite you to our capital in Goose Bay for diplomatic reasons

To: John O'leary

I would be more than glade to come along for a diplomatic meeting. I would also like to bring a couple of my ministers, being Catherine Martin of foreign affairs, and Kathy Dunderdale, our Minister of general domestic affairs.

In the Confederation building in St. John, in a room, a private meeting was taking place. And in this room, were only six people. These eight people were the president, Françoise Rode and five of his ministers, being Terry French of defense, Catherine Martin of foreign affairs, Kathy Dunderdale of domestic affairs, and two aides who worked for each of the ministers and two for the president. The topic of this meeting happened to be of a certain region who's name happened to be name Labrador. 

"Mr. Rode, are you sure about this?"

"Terry, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure.  But if worse comes to worse, and they decide to invade some nearby by land, or if for some reason, us, Terry,  Felix Collins and your military knows exactly what to do. For no reason, should Labrador be held by another power that is not us, unless their people wish it."

"Understood." 

"Françoise , as I know you know, that won't really be possible, as Labrador has stated their will to break from us."

Kathy would respond to Catherine saying, "Miss. Martin, I think we could draw up a treaty with them, to ensure they don't do anything that will harm us, our interest, and by extension, anyone else." 

Françoise would be the next to respond, "Unless they propose a treaty like ours, we should draft our own, in case."

After a several more minutes of discussing and drafting, the eight departed.  Françoise Rode, Kathy Dunderdale, and Catherine Martin would soon make their way to a limo that was waiting for them outside their building, that would take them to the St. John's International Airport. From there, they would soon arrive at the airport at Happy Valley Goose Bay.

Edited by Shadow hawk

The eight would be picked up by a limo from the airport and be taken to the temporary capital. From their they would be scanned before entering the building to discuss with John O'Leary. They would be taken to a conference room which would seat 9. President O'Leary would walk in and discuss matters for a while and then propose the following Treaty

The Treaty of Goose Bay 

In the Cooperation and Spirit of two nations on one united continent, on this day the 1st of the 1st month of the 14th. Written in Peace we sign this treaty. May both our nations prosper till the end of their days.

Article I : The Republic of Newfoundland shall receive access to CFB Goose Bay, In return the Republic of Labrador will receive St Pierre and Miquelon

Article II : In the event of either nation falling, The surviving nation will claim the land

Article III: Each nation is to protect either other in event of a defensive war. There shall be no excuses

Signed for the Republic of Labrador,

John O'Leary

Signed for the Republic of Newfoundland,

x______________

Edited by ishabad

The Treaty of Goose Bay 

In the Cooperation and Spirit of two nations on one united continent, on this day the 1st of the 1st month of the 14th. Written in Peace we sign this treaty. May both our nations prosper till the end of their days.

Article I : The Republic of Newfoundland shall receive access to CFB Goose Bay, In return the Republic of Labrador will receive St Pierre and Miquelon

Article II : In the event of either nation falling, The surviving nation will claim the land

Article III: Each nation is to protect either other in event of a defensive war. There shall be no excuses

Article IV: Cancellation

Should either signatory wish to leave the obligations of this treaty, a notice must be given at least twenty four hours in advance.

Signed for the Republic of Labrador,

John O'Leary

Signed for the Republic of Newfoundland,

Françoise Rode

"I hope you don't mind if I added a last ariticle in there." Françoise Rode would state, as he would sign the treaty.