Invitation to Pihana

iKrolm

To the Government of Pihana,

I cordially invite a diplomatic representative from Pihana to come to Manila to discuss the possibility of a treaty between our two nations, the transfer of Northwest Territories and the withdrawal of Oceanic Union Peacekeeping troops from Australia.

Sincerely,
[i]Ms. Pacita Arellano[/i], First Director of the Selenarctan Popular Division

OOC: You're met in Ninoy Aquino Airport by a suitably-ranked government official and a well-practiced Ground Force honor guard, cars are waiting, we ride to the government buildings where the actual meeting will take place and I'm skipping the greeting unless you want to run through them ;)
IC:

"Welcome everyone, and please take your seats," Pacita Arellano waved everyone into the conference room inside of the Capital Building in Manila and towards seats arranged around the table. "It's a pleasure to have you in Selenarctos, and may I congratulate you on your independence.

"Since this meeting was arranged as such short notice, I'll take a moment to provide a little background on Selenarctos as we begin. Selenarctos exists within the philippine islands and maintains a constitutional government with elected officials. In the years since our founding, Selenarctos has grown to become a major economic power in the East Asian and Oceanic regions. We pursue a non-interventionist foreign policy and a reduced role world politics except where allied nations or economic interests are concerned, and have enjoyed a long period of peace as a result."

"We invited you to Manila to learn more about the people, goals and government of Pihana, and to discuss the possibilities of increased cooperation and trade between our two nations."

Well i am glad to be here. Pihana would be more than happy to increase cooperation between our nations. Our people are a capitalist democracy. We have an open policy on religion and race. We have our borders open to immigrants. We also have a strong stance against terrorisim, violent rebellions, and things of the nature.

Anything i miss that you may like to know?

"That covers the most of it, my only follow up question would be to inquire more about Pihana's policies on foreign trade and international economics.

"This also brings me to two propositions we would like to present to Pihana. While you consider them, please remember they are not mutually exclusive and we would be honored for you two accept either proposal.

"First, Selenarctos currently supplies all of the Oceanic Union peacekeeping troops in the New Guinean, Borneo and the last portion of the Australian protectorates. With the organization of three promising nations on Australia, we would like to complete our withdrawal from the continent and devote the financial resources elsewhere. We therefore propose a complete transfer and annexation of the Northern Territory by Pihana, provided you can guarantee citizenship, full rights, and recognition of possessions to the people currently living within the area.

"Second, I would like to invite you to apply for membership as a part of the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98068"]Oceanic Union[/url] regional defense pact. The Oceanic Union has been a stabilizing force within the Oceanic region for twelve years since it's founding by the former-Queendom of Australia, promoting cooperation and trade throughout Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, the philippine islands, Indonesia and the surrounding islands and keeping Oceania free from foreign imperialism.

"Please forward both proposals to your government. I would be pleased to hear your response after the necessary deliberations have taken place."

For the time being our trade policy has yet to be set and we are open for trades and other foreign economic deals.

Your first offer is very generous and we thank you. We are still a bit weary of accepting the land has some of our neighbors we have... strained realtionships with and we are not sure how they would respond. If you could we would like a bit more time to consider.

Again thank you for your second offer and we would be happy to accept.

[quote name='supercheese' timestamp='1299912309' post='2661134']
For the time being our trade policy has yet to be set and we are open for trades and other foreign economic deals.

Your first offer is very generous and we thank you. We are still a bit weary of accepting the land has some of our neighbors we have... strained realtionships with and we are not sure how they would respond. If you could we would like a bit more time to consider.

Again thank you for your second offer and we would be happy to accept.
[/quote]

OOC: Weary? Have you been accepting land from many other nations lately? :P
IC:

"Of course, our first offer shall remain on the table. We are pleased you have decided to apply to the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98068"]Oceanic Union[/url]. If you would introduce yourself to the other signatories and formally request admission, a vote will begin though I'm sure Pihana's application will be accepted."