Relics

Karl Martin

Friedrich Wilhelm von Hohenzollern sent a short message to whoever was running France.

"To the Leader of France

My father was buried in the city of Metz, where most of the family property is located. Since the land is now in France, I wish to move his body and the property to the Germanic Union. Would it be possible without hinderance?"

Edited by Karl Martin

[quote name='Karl Martin' timestamp='1283843489' post='2445052']
Friedrich Wilhelm von Hohenzollern sent a short message to whoever was running France.

"To the Leader of France

My father was buried in the city of Metz, where most of the family property is located. Since the land is now in France, I wish to move his body and the property to the Germanic Union. Would it be possible without hinderance?"
[/quote]

[quote]
[b]TO: M. von Hohenzollern

Monsieur,

You may move the body of the deceased without hindrance from any government body or civilian body. What is your family business is yours alone. I will let the local authorities know of the move so that it can be done with relative ease.

Thank you for your patience.
[/quote]

Reply: Thank you

The body of Karl Martin was moved to Berlin, where he would be reburied as "Restorer of Alsace." At the same time over 1,000,000 different objects, many of them art, were moved from the various houses of the Hohenzollern to Aachen. It will take nearly a month to do all the moving.

A month later

Wilhelm looked at the stories of boxes in the warehouse. He called for one of the boxes to be opened. The [i]Psyché ranimée par le baiser de l'Amour[/i] was revealed to his eyes.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Psych%C3%A9.jpg/407px-Psych%C3%A9.jpg[/img]

"Probably the only thing he did correctly after the return of Elsaß-Lothringen: moving all the riches of Paris to Germany. Time to bargain with Frankreich for some land."