Celebrating a successful year.

Zoot Zoot

Alice had been preparing her speach all day, it had been a long year for her. The death of Tiberius, her sister Ashley finding the boy and then vanishing back into the wastes, it was hard on her mentally, and before she walked into the conference room to make her speach, she looked at herself in the mirror.

Her hair used to be dirty blonde and hung down to her waist, now it was cut into a bob, dyed blood red like her eyes. Her frame appeared soft under her taylored suit, but beneath she was harder than ever. Her sisters disapearence had forced her to go back into rigorous training, her current instructors had nothing on Tiberius, the former SAS soldiers known as Wolf, her friend, bodyguard and love.

Closing her eyes she braced herself and steeled her mind before turning and walking into the light and cameras.

"People of the Falklands, people of our dependancies overseas, Malvinians worldwide hear me.
Ten years we suffered, ten years we fought and this day last year we emerged stronger than ever. We emerged a united people for a second time after a decade of darkness.

Our people have prospered in the year between then and now. The standard of living has increased dramaticly, East Island renovation and security is progressing. People say to me "We are weak Alice, we are weak" and I say NO!, we are not weak, we are strong, we are stronger than we were ten years ago, we are stronger than we were yesterday.
Each day we grow stronger, each day we grow, we progress, we watch the world around us and we learn, we learn from our mistakes, we learn from the mistakes of others and we adapt and overcome, like we have for so many years my brothers and sisters.

Join me now in a toast as I say to you all.
DESIRE THE RIGHT!"

Alice raised a bottle of fine wine, poured a glass and toasted her people.
"DESIRE THE RIGHT" she called out and drank from the glass.
"Enjoy this night ladies and gentlemen, for it only comes once a year, Happy Birthday"