Zapatista Movements and Developments

the Zapatistas

OOC: First off, I apologize for my abrupt absence. My father has been in and out of the hospital as of late, and has been difficult to commit chunks of time to CNRP to continue with the developing Zapatista-Communist conflict.

To catch people up to speed here are the preceding topics:
[URL=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87387]Second Declaration from the Sierra Madre[/URL], Zapatista declaration of war on the Communist Party-backed Mexican People's Liberation Army
[URL=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87010&view=findpost&p=2333994]Comandante Ramona killed; Marcos promoted to comandante[/URL], Democratic Convention burned and closes

____

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100601023808/cybernations/images/thumb/9/93/Zapatista_Army_of_National_Liberation.png/250px-Zapatista_Army_of_National_Liberation.png[/img][/center]"This is a series of plans and declarations from the Zapatistia Movement Organization concerning the state of conflict with the Mexican People's Liberation Army and their affiliated parties. The Zapatista Army, Navy, and Army Air Security have been mobilized to counter the ongoing and violent conquests of Chiapas by the MPLA and their political wing, the Mexican Party of Communists. In compliance with international law and conventions, the Zapatista Army is committed to the fair treatment of unarmed civilians, captured enemy personnel, and the neutral treatment of wounded and dead alike.

To give the international community a sense of this conflict, on behalf of the Clandestine Indigenous Revolutionary Committee, I speak on their actions, movements, and decrees. To better inform the international community of our actions, we are releasing an overall plan of reorganization, administrative action, government, and armed conflict and strategy."

[center][size="5"]Venceremos Campaña[/size][/center]The Venceremos Campaña ("We Shall Overcome Campaign") is a broad coalition of tactical, socio-economic, and political strategies and reorganizations designed to create a stable Chiapaneco state, mediate peace with the Mexican People's Liberation Army, and reinstate Zapatista-dominated control in the region in order to fund and run social support programs. Ultimately, our goal is to reopen the Democratic Convention of Chiapas to establish a fair and just indigenous state.

[size="4"][b]First[/b][/size] and foremost, the Zapatista Movement calls upon our neighbors and allies in the Indigenous League and participants in the Congress of Latin American Peoples to support our cause and the liberation of the people of this region and the containment of imperialist and violent organizations.
The OLIZ will permit the passage of friendly materials across the Chiapaneco borders and will grant visas to foreign citizens who have committed to assisting the Pan-American Revolutionary Movement.

[size="4"][b]Second[/b][/size], the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (EZLN) shall be reorganizing itself to fit a more regional role. A diagram is provided to give the various programs and to visually illustrate the Movement's reorganization:[center][URL=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6634/ezlnreformpng.png][img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6634/ezlnreformpng.png[/img][/URL]
[size="1"]Click on thumbnail to enlarge[/size][/center]The Zapatista Army of National Liberation is expanding, and consolidating itself into the [i][b]Pan-American Revolutionary Movement[/b][/i] - as ideology, freedom, and liberation knows no borders. Under this umbrella association lies the Zapatista Indigenous Liberation Organization (OLIZ), the parent agency under which all Zapatista-affiliated programs will operate. Directed by the Clandestine Indigenous Revolutionary Committee, chaired by Comandante Marcos (elected from the EZLN) and vice-chaired be 21 subcomandantes from the various branches of the OLIZ.

The army has branched out into four separate agencies under the OLIZ:
[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6320/zapatistaarmyofnational.png[/img]
• [b]Zapatista Army of National Liberation[/b] (EZLN)
Shall operate as the primary ground forces and defense-security forces for Chiapas
Act as the primary caretakers of government programs and as the main offensive against the Mexican Peoples' Liberation Army

[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9893/flagofthechiapaneconavy.png[/img]
• [b]Zapatista Liberation Naval Forces[/b] (ZLFN)
Primary naval defense forces and shall act as maritime security for Chiapas's ports
Consisting of converted merchant vessels for military purposes

[img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2355/zapatistaarmyairsecurit.png[/img]
• [b]Zapatista Army Air Security[/b] (EZSA)
Provide security of the Chiapaneco airspace, its airport, and commissioned aircraft
Consisting of converted and seized aircraft for military purposes

[img]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2286/chiapasshield.png[/img]
• [b]Zapatista Indigenous Revolutionary Party[/b] (ZPRI)
Political wing to the Zapatista Indigenous Liberation Organization within Chiapas
Objectives are to form a stable and peaceful government and establish social support programs

_______

[size="4"][b]Third[/b][/size], the campaign shall adhere to the commitments made in the Second Declaration from the Sierra Madre
• Advance to the capital of the country, overcoming the Mexican People's Liberation Army, protecting in our advance the civilian population and permitting the people in the liberated area the right to freely and democratically elect their own administrative authorities.
[i]In achieving this plan, the Clandestine Indigenous Revolutionary Committee (CCRI) shall be establishing Councils of Good Government: Zapatista supported and sanctioned local and municipal governing agencies that shall replace any installed Communist Party-backed government[/i]

• Respect the lives of our prisoners and turn over all wounded to the Indigenous League command.
[i]As with the first measure, we call upon those of the Indigenous League to take care of the wounded, the Zapatista Organization shall fund any and all costs[/i]

• Initiate summary judgments against all soldiers of the Mexican People's Liberation Army and the political police that have received training or have been paid by foreigners, accused of being traitors to our country, and against all those that have repressed and treated badly the civil population and robbed or stolen from or attempted crimes against the good of the people.
[i]The CCRI has initiated a program under the Zapatista Army, the Department on Criminal Investigations, to investigate, prosecute, and sentence any and all law offenders and those - both Zapatista and enemy - who commit crimes during this conflict and not adhering to international law and standards set by the Zapatista General Command[/i]

• Form new troops with all those that show their interest in joining our struggle, including those that, being enemy soldiers, turn themselves in without having fought against us, and promise to take orders from the General Command of the Zapatista National Liberation Army.
[i]The Local and Militia Defense Coordinating Committee of the Zapatista Army shall be placed in charge of organizing all conversions of enemies to friendly troops and support personnel[/i]

• We ask for the unconditional surrender of the enemy's headquarters before we begin any combat to avoid any loss of lives.
[i]Local governments and Communist Party leaders may submit their surrender to the Zaptismo Indigenous Revolutionary Party, or the local EZLN regiment - officials of the Communist and Mexican Peoples' Liberation Army high command must submit surrender documents to the Clandestine Indigenous Revolutionary Committee[/i]

• Suspend the robbery of our natural resources in the areas controlled by OLIZ.
[i]The Central Party Executive Council Directorate on Resources, a department of the Zaptismo Party, is given responsibility by the Army and CCRI to manage all resource use and distribution[/i]

• The liquidation any systems established by the Party of Mexican Communists or the Mexican People's Liberation Army.
[i]In any given community, the Zapatista Army's first duty is to secure the area and to ensure the dismantling the local government and administrative organs[/i]

• The reform of the electoral law in terms that guarantees: clean elections, legitimacy, equity, non-partisan and non- governmental citizen participation, recognition of all national, regional and local political forces, and that convenes new general elections in the federation.
[i]The Councils of Good Government that are established will reflect this pledge. Nationally, the Zapatista Indigenous Liberation Organization shall reopen the Democratic Convention and establish a fair and just national government free of conflict.[/i]

• The convening of a constitutional body for the creation of a new constitution
• The recognition of the particularities of the indigenous groups, recognizing their right to inclusive autonomy and citizenship
[i]The local Councils of Good Government shall be granted autonomy and fair representation nationally.[/i]

• The re-orientation of the national economic program, putting aside lies and deceptions, and favoring the most dispossessed sectors in the country, the workers and the peasants, who are the principal producers of the wealth that others appropriate.
[i]Economic policy shall be determined at the conclusion of this conflict.[/i]

• 2 weeks later...

Himynamistan pledges a division of airmobile infantry to the suppression and elimination of the MPLA. We place this division under the command of Zapatista officers. We have ordered our soldiers in the 7th Airmobile Division to integrate their operations with their brother soldiers in Chiapas.