Bi-Lateral Summit in Taibei

Triyun

After obtaining the necessary clearance, a single government Tu-144 descended towards the runway of the Taibei International Airport. With impressive precision, the pilot landed the plane and quickly pulled to a halt near to the assembled honor guard.

The door swung open, and President Anyatevich, flanked only by an Aide and a Translator, descended to greet his hosts. He introduced himself and shook hands with the Premier of Taibei.

[i]"Thank you for your gracious invitation. I hope that this meeting will be beneficial for both our nations."[/i]-President M. Anyatevich

The Prime Minister shook the President's hand. "As do I. We are great admirers of Vauleyo-Buryatia and hope for prosperous relations in the future with your government. We are truly honored by your presence." the Prime Minister said. He motioned him to a limousine.

"If you'll accompany me to the Taibei 101 Capitol Building Mr. President we can have discussions between your delegation and my government." he said giving a gesture to enter the limousine first.

President Anyatevich listened intently, while his translator clarified a word or two. After once again thanking his hosts, the President and his delegation entered the waiting limousine eager to get to the meeting venue. The President's Aide spent the journey glancing over a few documents in a dossier ahead of the meeting.

OOC: Just going to skip ahead to the meeting hall.

Awaiting the President in the meeting hall was Chairman X, head of the Central Planning Commission and Foreign Minister Hu of the Foreign Affairs Ministry. The Prime Minister acknowledged them both. "Mr. President, Chairman X is Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces an the Paramount Leader on National Security. Foreign Minister Hu handles our foreign relations."

Both men shook hands with the President as a sign of respect.

Chairman X began the meeting: "Mr. President I would like to discuss military affairs. We would in addition to oopen trade arrangements like to make an agreement on regional military cooperation to further the peace and security of the Greater East Asian region. We believe that your government has shown itself to be a key regional player and responsible stake holder. We believe we have compatible goals in this regard."

[quote name='Triyun' date='23 April 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1272032522' post='2272009']
*snip*

Chairman X began the meeting: "Mr. President I would like to discuss military affairs. We would in addition to oopen trade arrangements like to make an agreement on regional military cooperation to further the peace and security of the Greater East Asian region. We believe that your government has shown itself to be a key regional player and responsible stake holder. We believe we have compatible goals in this regard."
[/quote]

As the President took his seat, he replied:
[i]
"I would certainly agree to some form of trade agreement, provided that it's parameters would not run counter to existing economic policy in Vauleyo-Buryatia. On the matter of military cooperation, our government feels that there should only be 'informal' regional military structures as in most cases extended military agreements soon lead to regional pacts and blocs which inevitably lead to regional friction and conflict. If indeed our military policy is in keeping with the strategic military position of your nation, then it will be an easy task to find areas of mutual cooperation."[/i]-President Anyatevich

"I understand your concerns. We can certainly understand why one would wish to stay out of a formal defense arrangements at this time. We would be interested in joint exercises." Chairman X replied. "Let us discuss our trade agreement than first. I would like to propose that we agree to a system of lowering tariffs over the course of two years from current standard levels till we get to the point of free trade. That way our industries will have time to develop strategies."

[i]"I will say that the idea of free trade with any nation is somewhat incompatible with our economic goals. We would, however, be willing to make significant tariff reductions as part of an economic deal. Such an agreement would allow us to decrease tariffs by agreed upon amounts over an extended period of time.

As for joint military exercises, we would certainly approve of joint exercises between our militaries."[/i]-President Anyatevich

OOC: Sorry for the delayed response

IC:
[i]
"Perhaps we can agree to cut tariffs by 8% in the first year and a further 8% in the second year? We are also prepared to grant preferential status to imports from your nation, allowing them to have higher minimum quotas.As for military exercises, they could be easily arranged between our governments.

We would also propose a formal exchange of diplomats and creation of Embassies to facilitate this and future agreements between our nations."[/i]-President Anyatevich

"All of this sounds very acceptable." Wei said. "I think we have a deal Mr. President. I look forward to our military exercises and increased economic activity. I hope that these bring us closer together as our two nations move forward."