HELP!

Also, while we're keeping track, you attacked another nation yourself.

I'm curious how the people who paid you for tech are going to react when they find out that you've spent all the money on war and can't deliver.

Is see that despite being obnoxious to me for the advice I gave, you did buy G-camps, as I'd suggested. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did buy G-camps.
I actually believe it is possible for me to profit from this. I will probably be able to pay off most of the nations I am in debt to, and my infra is about 400 higher than when I started. Its just a pain in the butt that iFOK keeps destroying my infra and tech

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='12 March 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1268432760' post='2223628']
Its just a pain in the butt that iFOK keeps destroying my infra and tech
[/quote]

Yeah. Sucks when you attack people and they fight back...

And just think - if you ever manage to do any significant growth, you'll be in range of even *more* iFOK nations. :)

As to your infra being bigger than when you started, that's because you spent your tech deal money on infra, and you're wars are just a couple of days old. Lets see where you are in a week or two.

[quote name='Baldr' date='12 March 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1268435855' post='2223680']
Yeah. Sucks when you attack people and they fight back...
[/quote]
As I have said many bajilion times before, I WAS NOT THE AGGRESSOR! I WAS CONSTANTLY THREATENED BY OBLIVION UNTIL I WAS FORCED TO ATTACK!!!!

[quote name='Baldr' date='12 March 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1268435855' post='2223680']
And just think - if you ever manage to do any significant growth, you'll be in range of even *more* iFOK nations. :)
[/quote]
Will iFOK actually bear an eternal grudge against my nation?

As to your infra being bigger than when you started, that's because you spent your tech deal money on infra, and you're wars are just a couple of days old. Lets see where you are in a week or two.
[/quote]
I lose about 60 infra/day, at that rate by the end of the wars I will have about 550 infra, which is better than where I started

I GIVE UP! I will no longer resist iFOK but give in to whatever terms they give me. I am SOOOO sorry that I ever attacked OBLIVION, and while this war originally stemmed from my own immaturity in cybernations, iFOK, in my opinion has been most cruel. But you know what they say: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and I want to do all that I can to stop this horrible war

So defending ourselves is 'most cruel' nowadays? People are in alliances for a lot of reasons, and one of them is protection. An attack on one of them, is an attack on all of them. I get that you are still inexperienced in this game, but it is something that you might want to keep in mind in the future.

Fortunately for you, we are actually a very forgiving and friendly alliance. We do not keep eternal grudges against people, and we do not practice Eternal ZI. If you really want out, please contact me directly either through forum PM, in-game PM or IRC. We don't give out harsh terms, but I do want to make sure it's not some kind of 'trick', and that you really want out.

Edited by ikMark

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='13 March 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1268485426' post='2224265']
It is not cruel defending your alliance; it is cruel threatening and asking for money, and then acting like its my fault when your alliance declares war on me. I will make peace, however angry I am with your alliance.
[/quote]

Are you ever going to prove your claims?

[quote name='Shovel' date='13 March 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1268501408' post='2224407']
[/quote]
This is the message Oblivion sent me:

Subject: r u ready for war

Message: now ur stronger WE CAN HAVE WAR I CAN DESTROY U ... OR U CAN PAY UP

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='13 March 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1268503099' post='2224434']
This is the message Oblivion sent me:

Subject: r u ready for war

Message: now ur stronger WE CAN HAVE WAR I CAN DESTROY U ... OR U CAN PAY UP
[/quote]

Right. I assume you can make a screenshot of that?

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='13 March 2010 - 06:58 AM' timestamp='1268485426' post='2224265']
It is not cruel defending your alliance; it is cruel threatening and asking for money, and then acting like its my fault when your alliance declares war on me. I will make peace, however angry I am with your alliance.
[/quote]

You declared war on one of their nations. Therefore, they started attacking you. If it were not for your offensive war on Oblivion, you would not be in this situation.

You argue that you were *forced* to attack Oblivion. A nonsense argument on it's own, in my opinion. Assuming the treats from Oblivion actually occurred, you could have just refused, and if it still came to war, it would be a defensive war, not an aggressive war.

In addition, you attacked yet another nation, unrelated to iFOK at all.

You aren't the first guy to show up here declaring offensive wars and then complaining when people fight back.

[quote name='Shovel' date='13 March 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1268501408' post='2224407']
[/quote]

I'm curious. If Oblivion had sent the message, saying "pay more or I attack", would that violate any iFOK rules? iFOX does tech raid, so I'm pretty sure that if Oblivion had just attacked, you would be OK with that. In an alliance that condones an outright attack, I wouldn't expect there to be any rules about sending a message before the attack.

[quote name='Baldr' date='13 March 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1268507187' post='2224516']
I'm curious. If Oblivion had sent the message, saying "pay more or I attack", would that violate any iFOK rules? iFOX does tech raid, so I'm pretty sure that if Oblivion had just attacked, you would be OK with that. In an alliance that condones an outright attack, I wouldn't expect there to be any rules about sending a message before the attack.
[/quote]
I think I have already addressed this earlier. We do not allow our members to extort people.

[quote]1. I seriously doubt the whole 'he told me to send him money'-thing.
2. If that would be the case, a simple message towards me or another iFOK gov member would've been enough. [/quote]

I really would like to see a screenshot of the message that supposedly was sent by the nation of Oblivion. Get me a screenshot and you'll be out of this war in no time. Sounds pretty fair, doesn't it?

Oh boy.. :facepalm:

I'll get you peace. Next time something like this happens, please contact the government of an alliance first instead of attacking one of their nations. It's not really how this game works, since not everyone is willing to peace out after you attacked one of their alliance mates. You might not be so lucky next time. ;)

iFOK is being very nice about this. A lot nicer than I'd normally expect from a tech raiding alliance. Kudo's to you.

Vladimir, I see you're following another piece of advice I gave you, and looking for a protectorate for your alliance. That's a good thing. It also makes me laugh to see you following my advice after calling me "Mr High And Mighty" for trying to help you out. :)

Thank you for the advice. This has been a great learning experience for me. It just made me angry because you seemed like most people were blaming me for the wars when it wasn't my fault. I really appreciate how nice iFOK has been in setting everything straight. I thank everyone who has offered advice, and especially ikMark and Baldr.

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='13 March 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1268511833' post='2224615']
Thank you for the advice. This has been a great learning experience for me. It just made me angry because you seemed like most people were blaming me for the wars when it wasn't my fault. I really appreciate how nice iFOK has been in setting everything straight. I thank everyone who has offered advice, and especially ikMark and Baldr.
[/quote]

It was your fault, since you didn't contact the alliance government first.

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='14 March 2010 - 07:41 AM' timestamp='1268567188' post='2225259']
Its not my fault if someone makes war on me, and their alliance follows.
[/quote]

true...but make sure you contact the alliance next time (as ikMark and you were talking about)

[quote name='Vladimir Spencer' date='14 March 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1268567188' post='2225259']
Its not my fault if someone makes war on me, and their alliance follows.
[/quote]

He didn't make war on you. He threatened to do so, apparently, but bottom line, you are the one that declared war. And when you declare war on someone in an alliance, you should expect their alliance to get involved.

You declared on another guy not long after, and you've declared on a 3rd nation now, and neither of those related to your issues with iFOK.